Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Poll

What is the best course of action for dealing with the biju? (please comment as well as a safeguard against multi-account voting)

Amend (in any shape or form) the biju rules
- 15 (45.5%)
Abolish the biju rules entirely
- 3 (9.1%)
Abolish the biju system altogether, removing official biju from roleplay
- 15 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: September 23, 2015, 04:03:09 PM

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Poll: Biju Rules  (Read 32168 times)

Masane

• View Profile
Re: Poll: Biju Rules
« Reply #180 on: September 30, 2015, 06:09:04 PM »

I feel like those who want the beast void, should just not interact with hosts. Those that want the beast she do the same.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 30, 2015, 06:45:58 PM »

I did vote... ;)
Void.

Feel free to speak with me personally as to the reason why if you want.
For now, I rather keep my thoughts to private conversations.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 30, 2015, 06:48:26 PM »

but just because I wish to never be a host again does not mean I think that people who want to do this should not get a chance. That would be just like if I decided the SSM should be banned and all sword groups because it went to shit for me.

What is bolded is just golden you really think you can have a change against 95% of these people unless
A: you write like a Pro
B: You are stupidly overpowered with enough writing skills

Using the profile wiki there is what the current Jinchuriki and what they have. Maybe you can spot the problem why people vote to void them.

Warren: Wood Release/Senju DNA, Sharingan + Rinnegan?
Gitsune: Senju Blood, Byakugan, Sage, Samehada, Gates
Eiko: Shikotsumyaku
Ichirou: Bygakugan + Hriashin + Tenseigan
Rusaku: Byakugan, Wood Release/Senju DNA, Plasma Release [Custom] + Tensigan
Keitō: Uzumaki Blood, Wood Release, Sage
Madara: Sharingan, Wood Release/Senju DNA, Shikotsumyaku, EMS, + Rinnegan
Athos: Sage, Uzumaki Blood, Gates, Sharingan, EMS
Shadow: Bakuton and Hirashin

I think that I have zero chance against 99% of the site. To date on ANY of my characters I have NEVER won a zone fight.

let me tell you about my RP against people WHO DO NOT HAVE BEASTS!

Neala and Eric....no beast involved. But my Neala is not powerful enough, as a Nara master armorer to craft armor with enough skill to protect her from an automatic take over by Eric with his shadows, to make him have to put some extra effort into his attack to eventually overpower her, for just the two seconds it takes for her to release a lava attack upon him because he is a God. The compromise I had to accept to get out of RP deadlock was for her to take damage against her own jutsu...and yadda yaddda

NO BIJUU THERE.

Raihana can't seem to make a KT enhanced lightning attack that is fast enough to exceed the evasion tactics of people in Iwa who can move faster than 0.000027th of a second...which is how long it takes lightning to strike.

NO BIJUU INVOVLED THERE...as the one host did not even employ his beast in the evasion.

Moenkopi cannot save her own son dying in her arms, being just about the best medical ninja on the site, with powerful jutsu to cure injuries that would have required no more than first friggen aid.

NO BIJUU INVOLVED THERE.

Umisoso can't manage to to hold onto the Nameless Scroll that was hidden away in her very own home from the SSM auto-entering and taking the damned thing away just because...too bad we are doing it, so there, nyah.

NO BIJUU INVOLVED THERE.

Umioso again can't manage to have any of her moves against Yujo at the gates of Kirigakure replied too properly, jutsu being ignored and her being auto-hit and character controlled so badly that every single post he makes I have to point out the errors until finally I post her last move he ignored autohitting the man, not even an instant kill auto-hit, without the entire site falling out of the sky to call me a god modder and a poor excuse for a GM.

NO BIJUU INVOLVED THERE.

The Suna Council can't even have a secret meeting protected by barrier seals against intrusion without some zealous enthusiast popping into the room anyway.

NO BIJUU INVOLVED THERE EITHER

my point?

It's not the bijuu that is the problem and removing them is not going to stop this. And just a big FYI...all of these incidents mentioned are over and done with and big whoop de doo. I have not mentioned them now to start all that hoo ha over again. They are here only for the purpose of giving examples of RP issues that DO NOT INVOLVE BIJUU.

and here we go again, Ace, please be specific...void what? the rules or the bijuu?

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 30, 2015, 06:56:20 PM »

"Abolish the biju system altogether, removing official biju from roleplay," my bad ;)

Some words of advice, it's a path towards a possible solution.
Hindsight will of course reign supreme, and then members will say "I told you it didn't work." But people need to change.

A general statement made to everyone...
And people need to be less aggressive for changes to be made, may it be amending the rules. ;)
Simply bashing those wanting to remove the bijuu all together, or bashing those that do not vote the way as others do is thought of as productive? I think time and time again has proven that answer to be a "no."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 07:05:38 PM by Ace »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 30, 2015, 07:40:25 PM »

Thank you Ace
I edited your vote into the Void bijuu section.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 30, 2015, 08:00:13 PM »

but just because I wish to never be a host again does not mean I think that people who want to do this should not get a chance. That would be just like if I decided the SSM should be banned and all sword groups because it went to shit for me.

What is bolded is just golden you really think you can have a change against 95% of these people unless
A: you write like a Pro
B: You are stupidly overpowered with enough writing skills

Using the profile wiki there is what the current Jinchuriki and what they have. Maybe you can spot the problem why people vote to void them.

Shadow: Bakuton and Hirashin

I think that I have zero chance against 99% of the site. To date on ANY of my characters I have NEVER won a zone fight.

let me tell you about my RP against people WHO DO NOT HAVE BEASTS!

Neala and Eric....no beast involved. But my Neala is not powerful enough, as a Nara master armorer to craft armor with enough skill to protect her from an automatic take over by Eric with his shadows, to make him have to put some extra effort into his attack to eventually overpower her, for just the two seconds it takes for her to release a lava attack upon him because he is a God. The compromise I had to accept to get out of RP deadlock was for her to take damage against her own jutsu...and yadda yaddda

NO BIJUU THERE.

Raihana can't seem to make a KT enhanced lightning attack that is fast enough to exceed the evasion tactics of people in Iwa who can move faster than 0.000027th of a second...which is how long it takes lightning to strike.

NO BIJUU INVOVLED THERE...as the one host did not even employ his beast in the evasion.

Moenkopi cannot save her own son dying in her arms, being just about the best medical ninja on the site, with powerful jutsu to cure injuries that would have required no more than first friggen aid.

NO BIJUU INVOLVED THERE.

Umisoso can't manage to to hold onto the Nameless Scroll that was hidden away in her very own home from the SSM auto-entering and taking the damned thing away just because...too bad we are doing it, so there, nyah.

NO BIJUU INVOLVED THERE.

Umioso again can't manage to have any of her moves against Yujo at the gates of Kirigakure replied too properly, jutsu being ignored and her being auto-hit and character controlled so badly that every single post he makes I have to point out the errors until finally I post her last move he ignored autohitting the man, not even an instant kill auto-hit, without the entire site falling out of the sky to call me a god modder and a poor excuse for a GM.

NO BIJUU INVOLVED THERE.

The Suna Council can't even have a secret meeting protected by barrier seals against intrusion without some zealous enthusiast popping into the room anyway.

NO BIJUU INVOLVED THERE EITHER

my point?

It's not the bijuu that is the problem and removing them is not going to stop this. And just a big FYI...all of these incidents mentioned are over and done with and big whoop de doo. I have not mentioned them now to start all that hoo ha over again. They are here only for the purpose of giving examples of RP issues that DO NOT INVOLVE BIJUU.

and here we go again, Ace, please be specific...void what? the rules or the bijuu?

I'm glad we are on the same page about people being the issue, and not the beasts.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 30, 2015, 08:19:45 PM »

And yet, this will get SL nowhere. ;)
Just as previous polls were done about varrying issues, I have no doubt that the verdict of this poll will not be respected by some, causing for no progress to be made.

Do prove me wrong, but time and time again, I see the same nonsense.
I can be a bit more blunt...
Congress has low approval ratings, sometimes in the single digits, yet incumbents are elected by an overwhelming majority. One of the primary reasons being, "Well, it's not *my* Senator or Congressman, it's not I who is voting 'wrong, it’s your Congressman and it is you!"

Hate to break it to you all, but it IS *you*. All are playing some role in hindering the progress of of this game now.
I direct this to each and every member, regardless of abilities, status, whatever (yes, this includes myself).

Get off your high horse, and fix it. Yes, it is as easy as it sounds. Why? Because you created it. Instead of excuses, provide solutions and work towards achieving them. If it doesn't work, choose a different path.

We are home to bright minds and incredible people, act like it now. ;)

Yes, as I stated as well...
It is the people.

But does it seem like the "people" are able to handle the Bijuu (?), is the question being asked by a lot. =)

So, if you cannot "control" the people, well...what can you control? ;)
Being practical should be the goal.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 08:20:59 PM by Ace »

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 30, 2015, 08:21:58 PM »

So, if Ace's vote now breaks the tie, then bijuu are void? Or did I count wrong?

Shadow: Bakuton and Hirashin, Shikotsumyaku

Hey, I have the least in this picture! Bad enough, I feel people really have more than what the wikia says.

But, in retrospect, you can list problems with people that had no bijuu, but there's an issue with the bijuu (or the people that DON'T have a bijuu -- aka challengers). I mean... there's an issue with or without... there will always be an issue with or without. Some of the people you mentioned had Bijuu, too... so... yeah.

I would opt for something like Dart mentioned. If you really want to cater to an entire member-base, you place each bijuu into a respective village -- that way it promotes and encourages RP within a village, and if someone really wanted to RP with the bijuu, they just have to join the village. I mean, sounds simple and easy enough to me.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 08:27:33 PM by Court »

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 30, 2015, 08:31:22 PM »

So, if Ace's vote now breaks the tie, then bijuu are void? Or did I count wrong?

Shadow: Bakuton and Hirashin, Shikotsumyaku

Hey, I have the least in this picture! Bad enough, I feel people really have more than what the wikia says.

But, in retrospect, you can list problems with people that had no bijuu, but there's an issue with the bijuu (or the people that DON'T have a bijuu -- aka challengers). I mean... there's an issue with or without... there will always be an issue with or without. Some of the people you mentioned had Bijuu, too... so... yeah.

Didn't realize that we were voting again, bit weird. :O
I thought we were just making our previous votes known.
If that is not the case, please remove my most recent vote.

As others have stated, role play as you please.
If you do not like the Bijuu, simply do not role play with those who wish to do so and vice versa.
Is it really not as simply as that?

I will defend those wanting the system to remain in that they should be able to role play with Bijuu if they so wish.
If you do not see eye to eye, you do *not* have to participate with those who wish to.

I guess I am the only one confused with this entire topic now and the purpose.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 08:35:18 PM by Ace »

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 30, 2015, 08:33:47 PM »

They were just trying to count the previous votes, not make a new one, yes, so you weren't confused.

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 30, 2015, 08:37:22 PM »

What Warren said. Did not mean to confuse.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 30, 2015, 09:14:06 PM »

Shadow is for amending the rules.

Or at least the hosts...
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 30, 2015, 09:39:28 PM »

I think the problem with Eiko, and why she was listed, is that she writes like a pro. Please stop doing a good job in the future. I seriously don't think he meant a Kaguya with the Shikotsumyaku was OP.

And yes. no new voting. just trying to count the votes with some accuracy. When I said I added your name, Ace, that was done because it was not on the list I collected by reading each and every post. Kage did the same thing. We both come up with a different count.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 30, 2015, 10:57:07 PM »

... And just a big FYI...all of these incidents mentioned are over and done with and big whoop de doo. I have not mentioned them now to start all that hoo ha over again. They are here only for the purpose of giving examples of RP issues that DO NOT INVOLVE BIJUU...

Magic phrase. Most of those did not even warrant a topic here on the forum, much less the dirty laundry to be aired (in fact, I think Eric v Neala is the only one of those that made it to the forum). Everybody made up and got over it without having to make a huge fuss about it (again, with one, at worst 2 exceptions) and even if there was a fuss, voiding the other person simply would have nipped it in the bud.

The tailed beasts, however, took away the ability to just void whatever you didn't like out of existence for the RP becuase they were official (so only one host per beasts, no separate continuums could be accepted).

I've had my own fair share of RP issues not involving tailed beasts, but with the exception of two, maybe 3, I don't think I've had to use the forum or a relatively public outlet to come to a solution or resolution.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 01, 2015, 12:56:13 AM »

how wonderful for you eric

however, these issue exist everywhere and do not revolve around the bijuu. And if a person feels the need to discuss it on the forum, then there is enough to warrant the discussion.

as one person does not get to determine how rp is run on Sl, neither does he determine what topics need to be discussed by other people or determine such topics as dirty laundry.

additionally, it is of no consequence if such topics come to the forum or they do not. that they cause an unresolved situation among those who are engaged very much fits the example of how non-bijuu related rp issues exist and cause problems all the time on Sl lending great credence to my postulate that even without the bijuu, the player behaviors will still cause strife.

IT is the same thing regardless of what significance you place upon those RP issues or how little you value their importance to those who have participated in them.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.