Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Something About Mind's Eye of the Kagura  (Read 11650 times)

Deathstroke

• View Profile
Re: Something About Mind's Eye of the Kagura
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2015, 07:44:25 AM »

Ok. Then if it is agreed you keep your eyes closed (In accordance with the fact that combining this with a Doujutsu like the Sharingan would allow you to know everything they are going to do before they do it) I have no issue with the technique. I'll leave the topic open if anyone else wants to chime in with something but otherwise I am satisfied.

I can agree with that. I'm not actually nerfing the technique any more than I was doing on my own.

If I had known all you told me I wouldn't even have made the topic and instead just not accepted use of it in any other way, in so far as combat is concerned.

See? Discussion can actually produce results sometimes. :P

@Keito: Well, if everyone used it like we seem to agree on I would not have issue with it. I also agree that trying to use it in a fight would be difficult but I could also see someone claiming all you focus on in a fight is your opponent so it would in fact be easy.

Basically it is ripe for abuse and I'm glad to see people replying that actually they don't abuse it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 07:46:42 AM by Deathstroke »
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2015, 07:46:19 AM »

Ok. Then if it is agreed you keep your eyes closed (In accordance with the fact that combining this with a Doujutsu like the Sharingan would allow you to know everything they are going to do before they do it) I have no issue with the technique. I'll leave the topic open if anyone else wants to chime in with something but otherwise I am satisfied.

I can agree with that. I'm not actually nerfing the technique any more than I was doing on my own.

If I had known all you told me I wouldn't even have made the topic and instead just not accepted use of it in any other way, in so far as combat is concerned.

See? Discussion can actually produce results sometimes. :P

Indeed; now we wait for the debby downers who can never be happy about anything and just want to run everything into the ground, because I am jaded and have come to expect nothing less from this site xD
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2015, 02:14:42 PM »

Oh you know there's someone who claims they can see forever with this thing because lolsenjutsu. There's always a sage mode abuser for everything even when it makes no sense.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2015, 07:02:56 PM »

I do have questions though.

Is it a hiden of the uzumaki or rather a unique ability? What I mean is, who else had it but Karin? The only thing it says she inherits from the Uzumaki are those chakra chains and an amazing reserve of chakra. There is a note that says hiden is not listed as one of Karin's special characteristics in the fourth data book even though Mind's Eye is one of her abilities.

Hiden (秘伝, Literally meaning: secret tradition) or simply "secret" techniques are passed down orally from generation to generation in certain regions or clans.

The Wikia says it is different than other sensing abilities cause she doesn't have to actively will her chakra and wield it to use. But it also says that while she is using it, she cannot use her chakra for other things.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2015, 07:25:11 PM »

Focus is the keyword here. Every time we've seen Karin use specific aspects of these abilities, except at pretty close range, she's focused.

Long distance sensing. Focused.
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-363-page-5.html

Short distance lie-telling. Un-focused.
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-457-page-6.html

Mid-range genjutsu-sensing. Focused.
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-477-page-3.html
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-477-page-5.html

It has it's pros and cons, just as any other technique. The Byakugan can be held active for a whole day before the user's eyesight is blurred a bit. It was whole point of Neji and Hinata switching out when going from day to night.
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-540-page-4.html
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-540-page-5.html

The Sharingan can be held for ridiculous amounts of time. Even more-so if it's an Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan. Though Obito was most-likely able to circumvent the cons of using the Mangekyou Sharingan for years possibly due to having Hashirama's DNA compose half of his body. Seventeen to eighteen years of use without apparent eye-sight loss, if we were to estimate the time before Naruto was born to be at least a year or two. Kakashi on the other hand, only really started to use his Kamui more actively within the time-span of around a year to a year and a half.

Combine the above with Senju vitality or Uzumaki life-force, and you can hold off the cons of usage for quite a really long time. Nagato was a prime candidate for the Rinnegan mainly because he was an Uzumaki. And the Uzumaki are descended from the Senju.
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-606-page-15.html

I like to go with the idea of natural-borns having greater abilities than implanters. It's been showcased in the series countless times. This is why I roll with being a Uchiha/Senju hybrid. I could technically unlock the Rinnegan at any time. But for balance purposes, there's a common guideline that one is not supposed to have both the Rinnegan and Sage Mode. It's one or the other.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2015, 07:53:14 PM »

I do have questions though.

Is it a hiden of the uzumaki or rather a unique ability? What I mean is, who else had it but Karin? The only thing it says she inherits from the Uzumaki are those chakra chains and an amazing reserve of chakra. There is a note that says hiden is not listed as one of Karin's special characteristics in the fourth data book even though Mind's Eye is one of her abilities.

Hiden (秘伝, Literally meaning: secret tradition) or simply "secret" techniques are passed down orally from generation to generation in certain regions or clans.

The Wikia says it is different than other sensing abilities cause she doesn't have to actively will her chakra and wield it to use. But it also says that while she is using it, she cannot use her chakra for other things.

It's never stated to be a hiden specifically for the Uzumaki clan, but that's what it became here on SL, and that's how it is going to stay. Though I will add that it is a special Hiden within the clan, one that not everyone should be able to claim. It's like how Oto has Ototon, and Dokuton. Ototon is basically free for everyone to use the same way Chakra chains are in the Uzumaki clan, but Dokuton is much more coveted; like the Mind's eye.

That part about her not being able to do other things while sensing is actually directed at an entirely different ability of Karin. She can't use her Mind's eye while suppressing her chakra, it says it on the chakra suppression page and in her powers and abilities.

Oh you know there's someone who claims they can see forever with this thing because lolsenjutsu. There's always a sage mode abuser for everything even when it makes no sense.

Well duh, just like how people are going to be able to claim all 9 beats inside of themselves to become Hagoromo, truth seeking balls and all, despite it being blatantly against the rules. You can't possibly make rules for people who just don't give a damn.

Focus is the keyword here. Every time we've seen Karin use specific aspects of these abilities, except at pretty close range, she's focused.

Long distance sensing. Focused.
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-363-page-5.html

Short distance lie-telling. Un-focused.
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-457-page-6.html

Mid-range genjutsu-sensing. Focused.
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-477-page-3.html
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-477-page-5.html

It has it's pros and cons, just as any other technique. The Byakugan can be held active for a whole day before the user's eyesight is blurred a bit. It was whole point of Neji and Hinata switching out when going from day to night.
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-540-page-4.html
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-540-page-5.html

The Sharingan can be held for ridiculous amounts of time. Even more-so if it's an Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan. Though Obito was most-likely able to circumvent the cons of using the Mangekyou Sharingan for years possibly due to having Hashirama's DNA compose half of his body. Seventeen to eighteen years of use without apparent eye-sight loss, if we were to estimate the time before Naruto was born to be at least a year or two. Kakashi on the other hand, only really started to use his Kamui more actively within the time-span of around a year to a year and a half.

Combine the above with Senju vitality or Uzumaki life-force, and you can hold off the cons of usage for quite a really long time. Nagato was a prime candidate for the Rinnegan mainly because he was an Uzumaki. And the Uzumaki are descended from the Senju.
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-606-page-15.html

I like to go with the idea of natural-borns having greater abilities than implanters. It's been showcased in the series countless times. This is why I roll with being a Uchiha/Senju hybrid. I could technically unlock the Rinnegan at any time. But for balance purposes, there's a common guideline that one is not supposed to have both the Rinnegan and Sage Mode. It's one or the other.
You also have to take into account Karin might not have been a master with the technique, so certain aspects could be trained to be more passive as time goes on. I wish we had seen Karin actually do something during the Gaiden so we could have a scale of how much better she got, if at all. 

Though we do still account for the focusing part by requiring closed eyes. It's basically replacing whatever Doujutsu you have for the time being seeing as you cannot use both (Despite her using it with her eyes open a few times even in the examples you gave)

-Jeffrey dahmer

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2015, 08:14:16 PM »

Hey, at least my stuff has some measure of logic behind it, unlike the senjutsu nonsense XD especially the whole 3x stronger everything which to my knowledge is an asspull that doesn't actually exist anywhere.

But verbal jabs aside, my main point was I don't see how could the whole "evolution" thing be slapped onto kagura, much less any sensing at the matter, since those depend almost entirely on your skill, mental faculties and all that.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2015, 08:40:43 PM »

I wish we had seen Karin actually do something during the Gaiden so we could have a scale of how much better she got, if at all.
Well it was clearly shown that she never go to do something with Sasuke. Sakura seemed to have gotten to him first.

But she showed some kind of focus, and the degree of which was based entirely upon distance. If anything, short-range requires no focus. Mid-range requires a bit of focus, and long-range requires more focus. This is all shown through passive, hand-seal holding and closed-eyes with hand-seal formed, respectively.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2015, 10:07:15 PM »

Hey, at least my stuff has some measure of logic behind it, unlike the senjutsu nonsense XD especially the whole 3x stronger everything which to my knowledge is an asspull that doesn't actually exist anywhere.

But verbal jabs aside, my main point was I don't see how could the whole "evolution" thing be slapped onto kagura, much less any sensing at the matter, since those depend almost entirely on your skill, mental faculties and all that.
The 3x thing came from people actually implementing sage mode into SL, an needing numbers to put the power gap into perspective for everyone around them. I think you're several years too late for that particular topic, because that's just how sage mode is going to work for the rest of SL's fleeting lifespan.
Though I am a tad bit confused on what you are saying about the evolution of the technique. Are you saying it's impossible to further your skills with a technique through training? Because I can show you drastic differences between part 1 Rasengan and part 2 Rasengan, and I can show you drastic differences with Madara's sensory ability and lets say just say C's sensory ability. Anything can be trained to be better than before.

I wish we had seen Karin actually do something during the Gaiden so we could have a scale of how much better she got, if at all.
Well it was clearly shown that she never go to do something with Sasuke. Sakura seemed to have gotten to him first.

But she showed some kind of focus, and the degree of which was based entirely upon distance. If anything, short-range requires no focus. Mid-range requires a bit of focus, and long-range requires more focus. This is all shown through passive, hand-seal holding and closed-eyes with hand-seal formed, respectively.

And as I said with Warren, anything can be trained. Varying levels of skill lead to varying abilities with the techniques use. 

Though I do believe proper nerfs were already made to the technique that make it perfectly acceptable. 

-Jeffrey dahmer

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2015, 10:39:51 PM »

No. Referring to the fact people use senjutsu as an excuse to "evolve" their techniques simply by entering the mode (no training), and I don't mean make em more potent, I mean add completely new, often nonsensical effects. Stuff like say water spit no jutsu? Add senjutsu and it just becomes a bigger water spit, simple really. But no, people do stuff like suddenly its super potent acid that melts things worse than xenomorph blood, and that'd be from the milder end of things.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2015, 10:48:57 PM »

When in doubt, go to the databook I say. >.>
Source: https://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/45246-ShounenSuki-s-Databook-3-translations-(all-jutsu-4-characters-12-misc)

------
Mind's Eye of the Kagura (神楽心眼, Kagura Shingan)
Ninjutsu, Hiden, No rank, Supplementary, All ranges
User: Karin

With the mind's eye, sense those yonder and survey a thousand ri

Because Karin has excellent perception abilities, it is possible for her to use this enemy-searching technique across an extremely vast range. By closing her eyes and opening her mind's eye, she can perceive abnormal chakra activity within a radius of dozens of kilometres. Also, if she has a specific chakra in mind, she can perceive its location and movements in minute detail.
-------

So there you have it folks, you're suppose to close your eyes. Also, what's interesting to point out is that Karin's can sense people beyond 10km. For some reason, I read it as the 10 km being her limit.
From the Wikia, "By focusing and opening the mind's eye, Karin is able to find and track an individual's chakra over a vast distance that exceeds ten kilometres. "

That statement with the '...survey a thousand ri.' It could be an expression but ....
1 ri = 3927.27 m = 3.927 km
So 1000 ri = 3927 km = 2440.12 miles 
But that may be going a bit too far. >.>

However for those who mentioned Byakugan, I have evidence that its limit also exceeds 10 km. 

No. Referring to the fact people use senjutsu as an excuse to "evolve" their techniques simply by entering the mode (no training), and I don't mean make em more potent, I mean add completely new, often nonsensical effects. Stuff like say water spit no jutsu? Add senjutsu and it just becomes a bigger water spit, simple really. But no, people do stuff like suddenly its super potent acid that melts things worse than xenomorph blood, and that'd be from the milder end of things.

....that makes no sense.
However, I do want people's opinion on how Sage Mode would affect a doujutsu though, if at all. o.o

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2015, 11:36:12 PM »

Complaining about broken tech on SL is next to useless. If, hypothetically, everyone did come to a concencus, then what? Who's going to enforce it? There's going to be that one guy who's going to abuse it and then before you know it, everyone's going to abuse it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 11:39:20 PM by Genesis »

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2015, 11:38:03 PM »

I don't think this topic was meant to complain about stuff. I think it was more for clarification.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2015, 11:44:29 PM »

I don't think this topic was meant to complain about stuff. I think it was more for clarification.

The vibe I got was to clarify the 'brokeness' of it, I guess.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2015, 11:49:36 PM »

Bit less broken when you have to close eyes and focus to get any proper use out of it tho, and when senjutsu doesn't do squat to it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.