Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Snap's Guide to Make Good Naruto Characters!  (Read 7195 times)

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
Re: Snap's Guide to Make Good Naruto Characters!
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 06:41:02 PM »

Guide #5.2

JUTSUS
Other Types of Jutsus

There also exists other forms of jutsus aside from Ninjutsu, Genjutsu and Taijutsu. Users of this are not as common as the users of the three main types, but many are renowned for their proficient usage of these types, both due to scarcity of users and their mastery.

1.) Barrier Ninjutsu - This type allows the user to erect barriers for different purposes, whether to keep out enemies, protect others, trap individuals and seal powers. Usually, they are not a hundred percent impervious to outside or even inside forces, as Tobi still managed to break through the seal that contained Uzumaki Kushina while she was giving birth, and that two bijuu can break a seal that is designed to contain a bijuu and a jinchuuriki in it. The Space-Time Ninjutsu is probably its main adversary.

2.) Bukijutsu - Bukijutsu, or “Weapons Techniques” enable the user to use a wide array of weapons depending on how well they know how to wield it. Ninjas are commonly versed with shurikens and kunais. Mist hunter-nins, like Haku, are also well-trained in the use of senbons. Tenten is the most remarkable bukijutsu user, as her extensive knowledge of weaponry makes her a formidable enemy.

3.) Chakra Absorption Techniques - This allows the user to absorb chakra from others, by physical contact or other medium, and add it to their chakra reserves while exhausting the chakra of the victim. They can also use the stolen chakra like their own.

4.) Chakra Flow - Users of this technique can make their chakra flow through other mediums, like weapons and supplementary-type ninjutsu, to gain an advantage by increasing the potent properties of the medium they chose. For example, passing chakra through a sword can increase its cutting power and its durability. Physical and direct contact is needed to pass the chakra, but it becomes optional is the purpose is only to maintain the chakra after flowing it through the medium. It is also very evident in the usage of other non-elements such as ink, paper and clay to control them per user’s will.

5.) Clone Techniques - This is one of the basic ninjutsu taught at an Academy and is a requirement to be learned before graduation. Using chakra as a medium, the user can create copies of themselves which will dissipate upon physical harm to it. After this, many types of affinity-based clones are seen, such as Ink Clones, Water Clones and even Clay Clones.

• A note on Shadow Clones: USE IT SPARINGLY UNLESS YOU WANT TO DIE. Shadow Clones use your own chakra reserves, meaning you cut it in portions depending on how many Shadow Clones you make. If you make too much, you're gonna end up with chakra as small as a dime and you're gonna tire yourself out, plus you're gonna be beaten faster than you can say “Shadow Clone Jutsu!”

6.) Collaboration Techniques - Using two or more techniques in simultaneous execution is what entails the Collaboration technique. By doing so, it makes the more prominent jutsu more powerful, like combining Wind Release and Fire Release to augment the fire. The Inuzuka clan and the Ino-Shika-Chou trio are prime examples of this.

7.) Fuinjutsu - Literally meaning “Sealing Techniques”, fuuinjutsu can seal and unseal many things, such as weapons, humans, chakra, Tailed Beasts, and other stuff. Kushina was the best-known kunoichi with extensive usage of the technique, as well as the Uzumaki clan.

8.) Hiden - A “Secret technique” that is passed down to a clan or to other important people by oral message. Hiden are very valuable jutsu that are not known to exist outside of a clan's usage and are usually heavily-guarded secrets. As such, no documented research and no written documents exist for these type of jutsu. Examples are the Ino-Shika-Chou's main jutsus.

9.) Kenjutsu - The utilization of different types of swords. It is most often used by samurai and shinobi. Pairing it with Ninjutsu, Genjutsu or Taijutsu brings devastating power.

10.) Kinjutsu - These are FORBIDDEN TECHNIQUES that are not to be taught to anybody else because they pose as great threat to either the user or they break the laws of humanity and/or morality. They are usually learned by another ninja by either stealing classified documents about it or if the creator and original user decides to break the law and teach it to someone (this can mark him/her for death). Examples are the Kage Bunshin no Jutsu and the Edo Tensei.

11.) Medical Ninjutsu - This is the art of healing people using very precise chakra control to turn ordinary chakra into healing chakra. Medic-nins are very valuable in a three-man cell, as the provide the medical backbone for every team and can be the key to a team's survival. Knowledge of Medical Ninjutsu also encompasses knowledge of herbs, poisons, medicines and cures, and the human body. Also, Medical Ninjutsu calls for very precise and very regulated chakra control, and those only with the best grasp on how to control their chakra correctly are valuable medic-nins. They also are the first targets in every battle.

12.) Nintaijutsu - Using a form of supplementary Ninjutsu, Taijutsu can be greatly enhanced using this sub-type.

13.) Reincarnation Ninjutsu - a definite form of Kinjutsu, the Reincarnation Ninjutsu is a highly forbidden technique that can revive a fallen shinobi in exchange for the life of the user. It violates the law of life and morality, and as such, it is very forbidden to learn, create or use this technique. Chiyo revived Gaara using this technique.

14.) Senjutsu - The ability to gather natural forces from nature itself and use it as if it is a replacement for chakra. Senjutsu is a highly guarded knowledge, only obtained from the frogs of Mount Myoboku and dragons of the Ryuchi cave. Hashirama Senju also has a third type of Senjutsu, which is still unknown as of press time.

15.) Shurikenjutsu - Despite its name only saying “shuriken”, this encompasses knowledge on using and wielding handheld thrown weapons like shuriken, kunai and senbons.

17.) Space-Time Ninjutsu - By controlling the space-time continuum, especially a specific part of space, one can warp anything into a dimensional void and transfer it to another place instantaneously. Variations of this can be seen with Minato Namikaze, Obito Uchiha and Tobirama Senju.

18.) Tailed Beast Skill - An ability only granted by the ten Tailed Beasts to their retrospective Jinchurikis. Variations per Tailed Beast exists, though the Tailed Beast Ball is their common standpoint. This skill is usually seen as a type of self-preservation for the Jinchuriki, not because the Tailed Beast cares of the Tailed Beast, but because they will die if their host dies. Tailed Beasts also can communicate telepathically, but only hosts can hear the Tailed Beast.

II. The Handseals

After figuring out what type of jutsu is to be used, a series of handseals has to be made in order to stimulate chakra molding and help the jutsu become more efficient in usage. This usually is encompassed only in Genjutsu and Ninjutsu, as Taijutsu requires little to no handseals at all.

These handseals are named after the 12 Chinese Zodiac signs, and some of them are affiliated with a certain type of jutsu.

Affiliations with Jutsu Types and/or Nature Transformations

• Dog - Usually affiliated with the movie-only Ice Release and Danzo's Wind Release.
  • Tiger - Usually affiliated with the Fire Release techniques.
  • Serpent/Snake - Affiliated with Earth Release and Wood Release.
  • Rat - Affiliated with the special technique of the Nara clan.

Other types of handseals also exist aside from these twelve, such as the handseal for the Shadow Clone and the Wood Clone, the “clap” (usually seen in Sage Mode), “slamming hand to the ground” (for Summons), the one-handed seals of Haku and Guren, the Crossed Tiger handseal of Orochimaru for giving the Cursed Seal of Heaven and Haku's Demonic Ice Mirrors. There's so many types of variations of the twelve handseals that usually correspond to powerful skills or clan usage (like the Akimichi and Yamanaka). Usually, the longest seals a ninja can assign to a jutsu is about five. Some techniques, like the Body Flicker, call for one (Tiger).

III. Jutsu Ranking

There are five known ranks for a jutsu, much like a ninja class-ranking system. These ranks help determine what ninja rank can accomplish these types of skills, how hard the jutsu is learned, and how powerful it is.

• E-Rank - The lowest ranking. Academy students usually learn these, and this rank is usually where basic ninja techniques lie. It includes the Body Replacement, Clone, Transformation, and Genjutsu: Release.
  • D-Rank - Usually learned by Genin. These techniques usually are the starting point of stronger derivatives. Though all Genin can learn these techniques, they usually learn those in their affiliations.
  • C-Rank - Usually learned by Chunin. Some Genin who train excessively (almost to the point of obsession) can learn C-Rank techniques.
  • B-Rank - Jonins and training-obsessed Chunin can achieve jutsus of this rank. High amounts of chakra reserves usually entail many of the techniques at this stage.
  • A-Rank - High Jonin, or Kage-level. Almost all the techniques at this rank require great control of chakra, and sometimes, they can border on forbidden.
  • S-Rank - Highly forbidden or powerful, these techniques are secret and are at an extreme level. They usually are unique or exclusive to one user.

IV. Jutsu Range

I do think that many have knowledge of how ranges work, correct? Fact is, ranges for jutsu usually vary depending on how they affect enemies. And sometimes, two ranges can intersect. There are also times that there's no range for a jutsu! While we’re not really given the specific measurement pertaining as to how Kishimoto can qualify a jutsu as “short”, “mid” or “long”, I do think, based on real-life measurements (and my own hypothesis), I can give you this somehow-accurate equivalents.
  • Short-range - Jutsus that can range up to 5 meters from the body.
  • Mid-range - Jutsus that can range to 5 or 10 meters from the body.
  • Long-range - Jutsus that exceed 10 or 15 meters from the body.

I am not one hundred percent sure on these, but that's the best hypothesis I got. Do remember that, like I said, two ranges can overlap each other and jutsus can have no ranges altogether, so pick to your heart's content~! :smt049

V. Classifications

The last part of a jutsu would be the classification of the jutsu's purpose, whether offensive, defensive and/or supplementary. Like the range, some jutsus tend to have overlapping classifications, especially when considering the “supplementary” category.
  • Offensive - Like the name says, these jutsus tend to deal damage to enemies and/or surroundings. Its firepower depends on how hard it can affect an enemy, whether physically or mentally.
  • Defensive - Defensive jutsus are used to shield the user (and people of choice) from harm dealt by offensive jutsus. This mostly works physically, as having mental defenses is trickier and it hasn't been seen much in canon. Its firepower depends on its ability to block jutsus and protect its user from harm.
  • Supplementary - These jutsus are used to support another jutsu to empower a primary jutsu and deal bigger damage. Examples would be using a Wind Release jutsu to make a Fire Release jutsu burn bigger, or a Water Release jutsu to conduct a Lightning Release jutsu more.

Both offensive and defensive jutsus can be supplementary at some point, and when used alone, supplementary jutsu can be offensive or defensive (if it has the necessary firepower to deal proper effects).

All in all, that's the steps on how you can make a jutsu for your character. I guess this also doubles as a guide on how jutsu works in the Narutoverse. Lol, I dunno know. I was just inspired by that one PM I got where I was asked on a guide on how to make a jutsu.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 03:26:54 PM by Snap »

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 07:57:06 PM »

Usually, the longest seals a ninja can assign to a jutsu is about five. Some techniques, like the Body Flicker, call for one (Tiger).

The longest is 44. Water Release: Water Dragon Bullet Technique
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Water_Release%3A_Water_Dragon_Bullet_Technique

This website(http://www.narutohq.com/ninjutsu.php) has the ranges as...
- short range (0 - 5 meters)
- mid range (5 - 10 meters)
- long range  (10 meters+)

Just providing another opinion about the ranges

Snap

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 03:08:39 PM »

Usually, the longest seals a ninja can assign to a jutsu is about five. Some techniques, like the Body Flicker, call for one (Tiger).

The longest is 44. Water Release: Water Dragon Bullet Technique
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Water_Release%3A_Water_Dragon_Bullet_Technique

This website(http://www.narutohq.com/ninjutsu.php) has the ranges as...
- short range (0 - 5 meters)
- mid range (5 - 10 meters)
- long range  (10 meters+)

Just providing another opinion about the ranges

Ah, is that so. Well, yeah, I was a bit unsure on the jutsu ranges initially, so I went with my hypothesis pertaining jutsu and their ranges, judging by their classifications. From the looks of it, Leafninja provides me the same answer as yours.

Gonna edit right away.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 03:09:08 PM by Snap »

Snap

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2015, 03:40:30 PM »

Guide #6

Root ANBU Characters

A friend of mine over on Shinobi Legends asked me how to create a Root ANBU character. Whilst the Root Anbu is one scary branch to deal with, I'll gladly help my friend and you guys along the way~ :smt049 I'm gonna make this guide short and to the point.

• Root members don't know or don't remember their names. They're always given codenames per mission.

• Before becoming successful Root members, one must undergo training to remove their emotional sense, while they live and grow with another potential Root member like a sibling, and then kill that person, effectively destroying the rest of their their sense of emotion and rendering them emotionally barren.

• Abilities vary in Root. For all we know, we've seen Sai and his art, and Fuu and Torune with the Yamanaka and the Aburame abilities respectively in the manga.

• Root is an underground organization, while it is indeed an official organization it is for the most part autonomous. If your character is set in the Root, he/she can't attract attention so much.

• Root members have a set uniform that Sai models quite nicely. They also wear ANBU masks and cloaks from time to time. However, they also have other attires underneath that bare-midriff-jacket-thingy.

• Root members are extremely loyal to their boss before his/her's death. And a seal on their tongue that will be triggered when they talk about them and their secrets and would render them incapable of speech or movement is there to be a warning.

• If a Root trainee is unable to lose his/her emotions, they're discharged from the organization. Or as how I understand it.

• Sai is by far the first member that has regained his emotions years after being trained to lose them in the manga. Creating a character like that would be a little iffy.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 03:42:19 PM by Snap »

Snap

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2015, 10:25:32 PM »

Guide #7.1

Village Guide Part I (Kumogakure)

Kumogakure has a relatively-easy character chain which one can usually see. In my honest opinion, it's one of the easiest villages to create a character with, because mostly everyone has the same characteristics.

Names in Kumogakure, as seen in both anime and manga, tend to gravitate to letters from the Roman alphabet (A, Killer B, C) or are usually on adjectives that are usually evident with their personalities (Omoi = thought for his insightful character, Samui= cold for her cool demeanor and Darui = dull for his… well, “dull” and laidback personality). I'm not saying every canon character from Kumogakure have these characteristics, but they're pretty much common from the prominent Kumo characters we see.

Outfits usually consist of the white flak jacket, though Samui has a variation, a long grey top which gathers at the waist and gives it the appearance of a sash, and equally-grey bottoms. Some variations underneath the flak jacket also exist, like Killer B being blatantly topless, Darui and C having black sleeveless tops and Karui and Samui have skirts (and in Samui's case, a plunging neckline with wire mesh underneath). A common thing among them, too is the appearance of white in their clothing. They also have unique white hitai-ate cloth, though some also wear blue. I suggest doing something along this color palette: grey, white, red, black.

A recurring theme in Kumogakure, too, is the appearance of dark-skinned characters. Light-skinned characters like C and Samui exist, but mostly they're dark-skinned. They also have light-colored hair, with the exception of Karui.

For abilities and jutsu, Kumo nins tend to have Lightning Release, and variations of it. They also have a tendency to use Nintaijutsu and Kenjutsu.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 10:29:57 PM by Snap »

Snap

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2015, 02:21:03 AM »

Edited the Elemental Kekkei Genkai part.

Snap

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2015, 02:50:18 PM »

Where does 8 Gates fit into all this and Sage Mode?

Sage Mode characters are super difficult to make in terms of powerlevel but I think you can pull it off if your character is either physically worthless in almost every other area or can't hold a candle to the likes such as Hashirama in terms of strength with the Sage Mode activated. Here are some tips:

I. Design your character a mentor who is also a Sage/Pseudo-Sage like Jiraiya. They can't exactly teach themselves the Sage Mode.

II. Give your character a summon that stands out from the Toads, Snakes or Slugs.

III. Pick a specialty and have your character stick with it. For example, your character possesses the Bat Sage Mode abilities (i.e, Sound Genjutsu) but they aren't physically strong enough to engage in a full-on combat. Basically, they are strong with long range but when they actually have to fight hand-to-hand, they lose right away. [This is just an example, but you get the idea.]

IV. Stick with one summon species, especially if you're going to be throwing in Sage Mode.

V. Give them lots of ability-related flaws that correspond with their summon. If your summon is more of a physical type, give them Nin/Gen/Fuinjutsu-related flaws. If they use Genjutsu, make them fail at Taijutsu and give them horrible stamina. Make them suck at certain things so badly that it makes sense that they have this skill.

Eight Gates? Eh, it's overpowered. Really, really overpowered, but I think it's justifiable. If it is your character's main or only source of power, then it becomes possible to use. If they have more, then you should avoid it at all cost. If you really want to create a character who utilizes the Eight Gates as their primary fighting style, I'd go for the Rock Lee and Might Guy route. Both Rock Lee and Might Guy have issues using their chakra, which is why they became Taijutsu specialists and mastered the Eight Gates Kinjutsu. Your character can still become a ninja, they just won't be able to follow the “standard” path. If I were you, I'd give your character a Taijutsu/Bukijutsu-centric style to combat their handicap to mold chakra.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 03:20:16 PM by Snap »

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2015, 03:11:12 PM »

Au contraire, even Gai/Lee type ninjas can have a metric fuckton of chakra, they just have little to no ability to use it in complex applications such as nin-/genjutsu.

Snap

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2015, 09:48:45 PM »

Au contraire, even Gai/Lee type ninjas can have a metric fuckton of chakra, they just have little to no ability to use it in complex applications such as nin-/genjutsu.

Ah, nearly forgot. Makes sense considering Guy's stamina is sky-high if we take the databooks into consideration. Gonna edit right away on the Eight Gates part.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 09:49:17 PM by Snap »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2015, 10:16:51 PM »

The 8 gates is basically converting chakra into raw power. So both Lee and for a fact, Gai have a huge amount of chakra if you ask me.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2015, 10:47:07 PM »

Well not exactly. Chakra is used in the special moves and such yes, but opening the gates alone doesn't consume it, rather it lifts the natural restrictions on it. A persons chakra pool is somewhat akin to a bottle with a rather small nozzle; obviously if you try pour only a small amount can come out at once, but take off the nozzle (gates) and you get a whole lot more. If shinobi had no gates in their chakra network they'd living rather short lives indeed, walking crimson firestorms like 8th gate Gai until they cook themselves alive from the inside and crumble to ashes.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 17 queries.