Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Random Die Roller Naruto D20  (Read 1304 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Random Die Roller Naruto D20
« on: October 02, 2015, 07:49:29 PM »

Hey guys. I am currently trying to mold Nayeli, who is a Tanar'ri Kelvezu demon from DND second Edition, into the Naruto-verse. And a bunch of her powers have percentile chance associations to them for success and failure attached. So that got me thinking...

What if we had those random die rollers from the private zones put into the main zones to add a bit of chance to our matches?

The die are: d2-d3-d4-d6-d8-d10-d12-d20

It would be quite cumbersome at first. But say she cast Desecrate upon an area which infers a 25% chance her opponent is un-able to summon an Edo Tensei. They would then roll 2d10. The first roll being for the tens place, the second roll being for the ones place to figure what percentile they achieved. Example, the foe rolled a 5 and a 7 = 57%. So that is higher than 25%, his summons of the Edo Tensei succeeds.

This could be applied to as many or as few conditions of the match as the players desire.

I have a dead lock. Player 1 is super fast, well so is player 2. Does he evade my attempt to punch him?Roll the die.

I cast a genjutsu and the foe tries to resist. Roll the die. Or they are caught and how many turns before they can break free?

I have use a healing jutsu on a critically wounded warrior. How much healing do I accomplish in one round?

I am trying to sneak past a sentry?

I am using a henge, is it penetrated?

You are using a sensing ability, does it work? On how many people?

I would anticipate this being able to work for certain things right away while taking quite a while to work out the bugs of the mechanics in other areas. This ties into my Naruto D20 system project discussed and abandoned over here:
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8432.0.html

It is still a project I very much would like to attempt with those who are even remotely interested in crafting bios with specs designed for use with the die rollers. A link to the D20 handbook is there. Check it out? Make a level one sheet for your character and lets hit a private zone to see how it runs?

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Random Die Roller Naruto D20
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 07:58:27 PM »

I already tried that in http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8337.0.html but got mixed reviews. But I would actually like it if I were to have a zone fight with someone. It'd be better than the opponent always being faster than you, since everyone here has such good reaction time they know what you're about to do even before you do.

Though, maybe we can implement it into the current RP that we got going on in some way. I don't know what the others would think though lol
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Random Die Roller Naruto D20
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 08:37:33 PM »

Go read the player's hand book today! Let's figure this thing out.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 16 queries.