Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Claimed Tug of Wars  (Read 11638 times)

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
Re: Claimed Tug of Wars
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 08:23:39 PM »

If the community doesn't seem troubled at all in intervening or letting their voice be known about the issue, we might as well resolve it on our own.

That's just it, community is honestly just exhausted of it all. Even if we ever agree on something, folk like Warren will just ignore it and do whatever they want. Now we can go ahead and just void them/strip them and assign it to someone else or whatever, but honestly it's only going to create a larger rift between the entire SL community. As of now, it's probably best to resolve things as personal as one can and avoid the forums like the plague it can be.
:D
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015, 08:40:40 PM »

I remember when I was the first one to claim "Hiding in the surface" technique. Then over the course of a year it jumped to like 9 people. Of course, I gave it to two people, one those people being Soya who gave it too Bocc. I didn't mind that.

It was just the people who were like "Oh, I always did that technique before you claimed it". I could've argued, but at this point I could care less.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2015, 09:49:50 PM »

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8593.0.html

Cool story bruh, but the only ruling I got from that Topic was

You're all awful. Would have stayed longer and fought Madara if I knew this laughing stock of an issue would take place #TeamTrev
Just letting the subject of the claims of the Eight Tails stay in a thread that's been continually open for the discussion of that. But I can understand why the forum has slowed down a bit and is hesitant to talk on an issue of the Tailed Beasts. Mainly it's in fear that another 16 page-long topic will commence.

Or out of concern for another horse to be beaten dead for no results? Fear is a pretty intense choice of words there.

And an individual cannot claim a "standard" issue weapon. It's like, standard isssue. Maybe claim to be its creator, but claim to be the only one with it? Kind of defeats the purpose unless it used to be standard issue.
The term of beating a dead horse implies that the issue has been resolved and any other conversation about it, whether it be constructive or not, is moot...

The issue was resolved. Void the biju won by one vote. Which vote? The only vote that was vouched for in a post (made for someone who didn't vote in the hard results), which per the original post counts. Most everyone seemed to by and large ignore that detail.

If you disbelieve me, I'll even remind where such was brought up:

So, uh.... what now?

Now, we all convene at round table and have some pie! :P
But seriously, I am certain that I am going to have the lock this soon. :oops:

First off, apologies to Kamui for reviving this topic, but there is just one thing I have to get settled.

Okay, so I took my own advice and went back through to count up commentary and hard votes. Not surprisingly I did not come up with 33 total votes (more like 22) and only came across a single vote that presumably was from someone without a forum account, and that is Gitsune.

You all can check my tally (since mine along the way differed from Kage's both times) but excluding Gitsune's vote, the comments for and against:

Amend: 12

Void: 11

Destroy rules: 1

Including Gitstune's:

Gitsune wants her voice heard. She votes to void/abolish all bijū as well.

It's still a tie of 12 v 12 with 1 for break the rules.

If Gitsune did not make a forum account at any point, then would her vote count for void the biju and break the hard tally, or would it maintain a tie in the commentary tally? Again, I apologize again for bringing this back up, but I don't feel like I personally have closure on the topic matter.

And where it is brought up again that the refusal for acceptance of a tie-breaker even when one was present already is why the topic seemed like such a "waste".

Those who want to void them I believe are now at the liberty to do so if they so desire, while those who still wish to continue playing with them are free to keep doing so too, the latter just can't try force anyone to acknowledge them and their beasts anymore if they don't want to. There will be no more nonsensical hunting rules either, so if a voider and non-voider clash, or other kind of related trouble arises, its up to the involved parties to settle between themselves.

Um, the no biju rules but keep the biju party lost the vote. Badly. You can't just up and say that there will be no hunting rules at all, especially considering the schism of the biju cult is so evenly divided. Those who voted to keep the biju had every intention on amending the rules, not abolishing them. Only if the parties involved do nothing would there no longer be any hunting rules, nonsensical or otherwise.

So the end result is no consensus. Everyone is just going to do what they want and not talk about it anymore and good luck when a problem arises, just like always?

12+ pages of what was the point of this...

The point of it was, in part, to find out where everyone's head was at. Secondly, and more importantly, the abject rejection of a tie-breaker of sorts is leading this towards a "no consensus", not the fact that the discussion and poll were created. Few seem interested in breaking the tie, and even fewer interested in the fact that the presence of a tie (by the hard poll) and the presence of a non-forum account vote (by commentary) should for all intents and purposes have been considered a breaker of the tie in favor of ban the biju.

The only argument against that being the risk that Gitsune's post may have ended up counting twice, but unless she goes by another name on this forum or recently deleted her account, there is no forum account by the name Gitsune on here, so it is highly unlikely that her vote ended up being counted twice.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 09:51:28 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Suishou Koji

• Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2015, 02:09:13 AM »

This topic was about the claim list in the wikia correct? Not the Bijuu. If we're going to talk about the bijuu issues again, just make a new topic.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2015, 02:37:14 AM »

Yes. Please stay on topic. I swear if I hear the 'B' word one more time I will just scream.

Again it should be noted that we are a minority here on the forum with respect to the greater RP population of SL. No one moderates them or tells then what they can and cannot do and they seem to manage having fun despite all our trivial power plays here in the minority. Basically, when it comes to rules?

Welll..... :smt081

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2015, 03:28:34 AM »

Pull a dc and have a multiverse.

Two separate dimensions of rp. Or maybe more than two. Form different cliques and rp within your clique. SL will never get along cause you all hate each other (don't say you don't, it's fairly obvious with your language and belittlement)

Everyone just goes there separate ways and 2 things will happen.
1. Rp will get even smaller (quantity of people wise) but you'll be happier
2. You'll all hate it and finally compromise

That or make your own forum and take your buddies along.

Oh ps, stop using the wiki. It use to be a great community tool, when it had a moderator that stopped such things that are currently happening, but Yumei ain't around.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 03:30:45 AM by Trev »
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2015, 03:46:43 AM »

This topic was about the claim list in the wikia correct? Not the Bijuu. If we're going to talk about the bijuu issues again, just make a new topic.

Yes. Please stay on topic. I swear if I hear the 'B' word one more time I will just scream.

Again it should be noted that we are a minority here on the forum with respect to the greater RP population of SL. No one moderates them or tells then what they can and cannot do and they seem to manage having fun despite all our trivial power plays here in the minority. Basically, when it comes to rules?

Welll..... :smt081

While I apologize for bringing 'that' up again, I wanted to justify my usage of "beating a dead horse" in my second to last post. Which is what we clearly do not want to do.

And Trev, while we don't have two distinctly different separate dimensions of RP, there are already plenty of RP cliques going about. I think it is pretty clear that those who have taken your option #1 rarely if ever visit here anymore (if ever) anyways (and rarely if ever get involved in the matters of 'that' topic or even the claims list).

Those who are in the #2 boat seem to be crowning. Getting there, but held back by a constipative desire to be right or better. Or both.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2015, 04:00:05 AM »

Two separate dimensions of rp. Or maybe more than two. Form different cliques and rp within your clique. SL will never get along cause you all hate each other (don't say you don't, it's fairly obvious with your language and belittlement)

Oh ps, stop using the wiki. It use to be a great community tool, when it had a moderator that stopped such things that are currently happening, but Yumei ain't around.

This. I still speak with Yuumei, and I can tell you all right now that he doesn't care about it anymore. He refuses to delete -- and thus solve this arguably stupid claim issue -- because everyone still uses it, but he doesn't really do anything with site anymore.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2015, 05:11:17 AM »

I'm sorry for going off subject, but I'll just drop a little truth on the whole "b-word" subject.

That whole case is a lost cause. Period. And I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but that's the truth when it comes to laws on SL.

Since most of us are MURICANS, I'll use an analogy we're all used to. (I hope we all paid attention in history).

The US Government has three branches of government. Legislative, Judicial, and Executive. Legislative makes the law, Judicial evaluates the laws, and Executive carries out the law.

SL is sorta like the government. Legislative and Judicial branch? We have those in spades. Legit, ALL you guys can make amazing rules. Hell, you think of all the scenarios and still make those rules work.

Our problem? The Executive branch. We don't have anyone to ENFORCE those amazing rules that we spend hours making. So stuff like this happens.

SL is essentially the Wild West of Roleplaying. We make our rules, but it only amounts to "If you don't abide by this rule you'll be looked down upon". That's it.

Sure, you can ignore someone, but a problem arises when someone you ignored holds something that has merit cannon wise. " What's this? I want the nine tails but someone outside my reality has it."

Etc, etc. I'm done. To be honest, SL would be quite the interesting case study. It's essentially a group of people trying to seriously RP in a non moderated (Roleplay wise) space and seeing how far  would go.

I was bored on my Friday night...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 05:20:17 AM by Genesis »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2015, 05:24:46 AM »

This. I still speak with Yuumei, and I can tell you all right now that he doesn't care about it anymore. He refuses to delete -- and thus solve this arguably stupid claim issue -- because everyone still uses it, but he doesn't really do anything with site anymore.

Can he at least give someone else, anyone else, admin privileges?

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2015, 05:39:43 AM »

Even if he would give em away, there's nobody here they honestly should be given to. No offense intended, just cold hard fact.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2015, 06:04:59 AM »

So as Trev said, we might as well stop recognizing the wikia then? I mean, if there is going to be no moderation on there and we can't really do anything to make people's claims on there invalid other than "looking down upon them", what is the point of a tug of war in the first place? Is it not then pointless to continue trying to regulate?

Is it not better to wallow in anarchy than to drown in a perpetual war without victor, loser, or an end?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2015, 06:19:27 AM »

So which one of us is going to pull the trigger and make a new wiki? >>

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2015, 12:43:14 PM »

I lean more to the stop trying to rule other people's rp camp. I suggest everyone stop looking at this game as something that needs rules. That has obviously been a recipe for ruin.

I make a claim to the snake contract. So what? Does that really piss in anyone's coffee here? I was so focused on maintaining my right to ownership that I was hindering other's from being able to create the sort of characters they wished to run, that they wished to use and explore, and it was no fun for me and lost me quite a few potential friends. SO i gave it away. And look at all the people now who use them and are having fun with them once I got over myself!

I recall one day in Kiri there were three Kisame's walking around. It was hilarious and fun and no one got bent. WE played anyway!

That wikia has a lot of work put into it. It contains our history just as much as this forum does. There is no reason to go throwing anything away just cause we got two jinks for the same beastie. Like THAT has never happened before in our history? Holy hoo ha. We had two Konohas at one time each with their own line of Kage's until 'someone' had to get on their ear about it and run the other out of existence. Like THAT worked out for the betterment of all.

Just chill and have some fun for Pete's sake. Stop worrying about what some one else is doing and go make some rp, or level your account, or visit around and be silly. It really doesn't have to be like this folks. Cause what happens when you finally win all the marbles and go home at the end of the day? You got a sack full of marbles and no one to play with? Well la-de-friggen-da. Good for you. Here's a cookie.

Nap time!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 12:46:03 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2015, 12:52:56 PM »

... We had two Konohas at one time each with their own line of Kage's until 'someone' had to get on their ear about it and run the other out of existence. Like THAT worked out for the betterment of all...

Kind of sounds like the civil war ended and Konoha was put back together again. That's the way I recall it being written anyways.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 18 queries.