Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Friday the 13th Game  (Read 1340 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Friday the 13th Game
« on: October 19, 2015, 07:14:19 PM »

Just wanted to throw this out there for any other horror fans here.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/613356213/friday-the-13th-the-game?ref=nav_search

I heard about this game about a year ago, but this just came up recently. The video on the page can describe it better than me but they are going to make what should be an actual good Friday the 13th game. Asymmetric multiplayer having Jason vs people as counselors, which is literally just playing the movie, which is what I wanted.

Not only that but they have a ton of people from the movies on board as well like Sean Cunningham, the original director and Kane Hodder doing mo-cap work, the stuntman who played Jason in parts 7-10.

Crossing my fingers that it will be awesome, the fact that is not technically a movie game insofar as promoting a particular new film gives me hope, and they seem to have all the pieces to put together into a great game.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Friday the 13th Game
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 09:00:41 PM »

I'm already busy playing the Friday the 13th game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1raUvGNbZFg

But in all seriousness, this seems like it can be either okay or terrible. Because it's 1v7, it relies on having 8 players in one match. I'd be fearful of it being like Evolve or Titanfall, that falls short of players once the starting hype disappears. Because how would you like the be in a game where it's 1v1 because no one else joined? It'd be a constant cat and mouse game kind of like how The Flock is now. I mean, if they can develop a good bot system then maybe it can work because I can have fun on TF2 with bots just fine.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Friday the 13th Game
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 05:35:25 AM »

I'm already busy playing the Friday the 13th game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1raUvGNbZFg

But in all seriousness, this seems like it can be either okay or terrible. Because it's 1v7, it relies on having 8 players in one match. I'd be fearful of it being like Evolve or Titanfall, that falls short of players once the starting hype disappears. Because how would you like the be in a game where it's 1v1 because no one else joined? It'd be a constant cat and mouse game kind of like how The Flock is now. I mean, if they can develop a good bot system then maybe it can work because I can have fun on TF2 with bots just fine.

Good point, I did not think of that. I was more worried about people quitting out of being counselors because they want to be Jason. And that will happen regardless but one of the devs in their video said they think they're onto something because he has just as much fun playing counselors as he does Jason. That may be bs but I choose to believe it.

Maybe there could be some balance changes depending on how many people there are. They said it could be a max of 1v7 so maybe there is more than one match type or something. Or perhaps one side could have more or less power ups depending on how many people there are. Jason doesn't get his strongest weapons if there's 4< people and stuff like that.

I'm also very interested in the game map because from what it seems like there is only going to be one map, Crystal Lake, which could work if they make it big and detailed, and if they spend all the time on one map it will be. But hopefully that doesn't mean the game will lack replay value.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.