Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: GM needed!  (Read 2151 times)

Shiko

• View Profile
GM needed!
« on: November 09, 2015, 01:56:48 AM »

So as many of you now know I intend to incorporate the Stone of Gelel deeply into my character, for full integration I will be doing two or three lengthy rps. However I am currently in the first.

A companion of mine, Hideyasu, has unknowingly been brought along a mission to raid a Bandit fortress. The pretense is for the sake of Jisejgakure, however there's more to it.  There is more in depth into exactly how this happen but there is a small portion of the stone within the fortress that will be inevitably absorbed into Shiko through more detailed means and give access to preliminary Gelel powers.

What I want is for a GM to operate the fortress and the men within, I want the RP to take place here on the forum and would include myself, hideyasu, and the Gm.

Is anyone willing to help?

Yasu

• View Profile
Re: GM needed!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 02:10:03 AM »

Im up for that. It sounds like a lot of fun. And from what im told about rsets and KG training, its gonna take a while for my guy to flourish.  This sounds like a great way to start Yasu's adventures off.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 02:35:51 AM »

just a comment about KG and rests...

Some people say you have to have resets to access Kg.

I am not one of them.

1] people buy accounts here and borrow resets from others to legitimize their rp...which does not make sense to me because clicking buttons while forest fighting, buying someone else's hard word, or borrowing their earned work has nothing to do with RP.

2] I feel that skills that your characters have should be earned through RP. I feel it is acceptable to have by passed the early stages...like being an academy student, or a genin, or a chuunin to start out at jounin level is acceptable as long as you include something about that in your background story. To me this means having thought about what you did during those years to have a bit of history to explain why and where your character is now.

3] others disagree in order to have some measure by which the older players here who have put in time would be more powerful than someone who just started playing last week.

Mostly, I feel that it is up to you how to gauge your own character's power level. So that is something to think about. I don't like seeing people who start out rping here more powerful than a jounin though. But again, that is up to each person as we have no set rules for anything on the site other than cursing, sexual rp, and harassing someone to the point of it becoming a huge problem that needs a mod to step in and handle.

Shiko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 02:43:37 AM »

So you're not willing to GM?

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 02:56:07 AM »

just a comment about KG and rests...

Some people say you have to have resets to access Kg.

I am not one of them.

1] people buy accounts here and borrow resets from others to legitimize their rp...which does not make sense to me because clicking buttons while forest fighting, buying someone else's hard word, or borrowing their earned work has nothing to do with RP.

2] I feel that skills that your characters have should be earned through RP. I feel it is acceptable to have by passed the early stages...like being an academy student, or a genin, or a chuunin to start out at jounin level is acceptable as long as you include something about that in your background story. To me this means having thought about what you did during those years to have a bit of history to explain why and where your character is now.

3] others disagree in order to have some measure by which the older players here who have put in time would be more powerful than someone who just started playing last week.

Mostly, I feel that it is up to you how to gauge your own character's power level. So that is something to think about. I don't like seeing people who start out rping here more powerful than a jounin though. But again, that is up to each person as we have no set rules for anything on the site other than cursing, sexual rp, and harassing someone to the point of it becoming a huge problem that needs a mod to step in and handle.

That literally had nothing to do with his topic though >.>

Message Warren, Shiko, he is a really good GM for things like that.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Shiko

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 03:03:52 AM »

Thank you, kayenta suggested the same thing and he and I are discussing it now

Yasu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 03:59:35 AM »

Thanks Kayenta. I plan on rping out everything I use. My memory loss serves as way for me to awaken my KG in stages over time. Actually playing to get resets seems silly.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 04:09:25 AM »

Thanks Kayenta. I plan on rping out everything I use. My memory loss serves as way for me to awaken my KG in stages over time. Actually playing to get resets seems silly.

It is just a traditional thing here at SL. The way I see it though is if you rp it, it should stand. So far as you do not go overboard with it. I mean SL at one time did not have in game KG so I can understand the logic in rping it.

Feeding the off topic I know and I apologize for that. I just think we should move out of the dark ages of in game restrictions into the new direction of bring back an extremely old direction... creativity and character build via rp.

Yasu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 04:20:37 AM »

I think I'm gonna stay with my current set up. I'm not going to learn op stuff and have 4467437964 special jutsu. I'm going to take my time and actually do lots of rps. Lol and try to stay im topic. Sorry guys.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 04:26:58 AM »

Cool yo nostalgia jets Kirk. I'll handle this.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 05:10:37 AM »

So you're not willing to GM?

Unable to. I want you to have fun, not wait around on me to find the time to do this. Currently I am focused on the chuunin exams. That is why I fed you to Warren.  :smt027

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 18 queries.