Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Methods of *IC* hunting a Jichuuriki (Closed)  (Read 6140 times)

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Methods of *IC* hunting a Jichuuriki (Closed)
« on: December 04, 2015, 09:48:59 AM »

This technique has been extremely controversial amongst the *current* Jinchuuriki and who can blame 'em? The technique states that you *must* know that person's chakra signature in order to track them down. Having *only* knowledge of the bijuu's chakra signature will only lead to that player literally grasping for the proverbial needle in the haystack.

I want you to vote if this technique should be an acceptable method of standardization for the *challengers* to be using in order to accomplish an interaction with the jinchuuriki and the challenger's character.

=========

My vote is no. Just by logic one cannot *magically* know that character's chakra signature based on the signature of their respective tailed beast. This particular technique doesn't work that way.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 09:34:49 PM by Camel »

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Re: Methods of *IC* hunting a Jichuuriki (VOTE!)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 02:10:31 PM »

No. There are many more ways -- such as Sage Mode, Mind's Eye, etc. -- of hunting down a Tailed Beast. Now, do remember, however, that after this a discussion on how a Jink. can avoid a would be enemy should go. Some people take it to the extreme as others have mentioned, or outright ignore you.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 02:46:18 PM »

No. I am not a fan of using this to IC hunt hosts.

Especially if it is used incorrectly. To me this just would negate the whole purpose of the RP hunt...oh there you are. done.
why bother?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 04:11:37 PM »

Especially if it is used incorrectly. To me this just would negate the whole purpose of the RP hunt...oh there you are. done.
why bother?

Because currently you need to be omniscient to have a chance of getting a match with some jinchuriki. If we change the rules as someone suggested where the host basically gms the hunt then no this would not be needed.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 04:34:06 PM »

Yee what he said ^

I agree that the techniques application has broken the bounds of 'Fun RP', but I do not think it is the technique at fault for doing this. If as Nathan said we sit down and talk about what can/can't be done to avoid hunters, then I'll happily agree to ban this technique out of IC hunts. If not, then the technique or other sensory moves that endeavor to make you a god level sensor are needed to find a glimmer of these HUGE masses of chakra.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 06:57:53 PM »

why bother?

Well, the hunter still has to go after and catch the host. It is only the binoculars, not the butterfly net.

For that reason, I say yes, it should be permissible.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 07:24:59 PM »

I agree with Eric. I see people saying that logically the technique could not be used because you would be tracking the beast's chakra, not the host's.

But, as we see, the technique shows some level of geography around the target as well. The hokage doesn't just see Naruto, he sees the immediate area surrounding him. If there were other ninja present, or something else with chakra like some of the Aburame's bugs, they could theoretically be seen too.

So if the telescope technique is used to see where a beast is... You'd still see the area around them, including their host. You wouldn't just see the beast floating in the crystal ball.

Essentially, it only gives you an idea of where the host is/what the host looks like if you don't already know. You still have get to them and enact the capture.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 08:18:04 PM »

Take this into consideration.
There are a few restrictions about the person that is subjected to pursuit. The user must know that person's chakra pattern. If someone can be targeted for pursuit, they may be very far away, the crystal ball will be able to confirm their position.

Hiruzen aka the Third Hokage was actually present during the time that Yang-half of Kurama was sealed into baby Naruto. So it is generally assumed that he knew both the chakra signatures of Kurama and Naruto due to his nature of trying to help Minato and Kushina out during Obito's invasion of Konohagakure.
Without general knowledge of that person's chakra signature, you're literally grasping at straws.
Sure, you may have figured out then chakra signature of that tailed beasts but not their respective owner. This is a mistake that I usually point out to fellow players but I generally get ignored because Hiruzen didn't use it right and *they* are using the technique to it's full potential, which is ridiculous in my opinion.

I still stand firm on my decision that this technique cannot be used to circumvent the *IC* search of a Jinchuuriki. How did the Akatsuki figured out most of the Jinchuuriki's locations? They obviously had a vast network of information and various sleeper agents as Deidara had.
Zetsu was a another reason they were able to obtain such information and vice-versa.
You don't need to be omniscient in order to start an interaction with a Jinchuuriki, you just have to approach from a perceptive that *you* will think will be most acceptable; just be smart about it.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 08:47:29 PM »

No.

And let's take any discussions to back to the main thread please, so as to avoid losing track of the votes.
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8682.0.html

Simply vote yes/no, explanation if you want to.
Should be only 15-16 max number of posts for voting threads, one post per member.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 02:20:11 AM »

No. When there's a technique that lets you instantly find somebody even from the other side of the universe, no matter what they do, it'd be very hypocritical to claim its still the hosts at fault. Especially when one can find them even without the many other methods Nathan mentioned, like the Akatsuki did.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 02:57:10 AM »

I vote yes.

Most of you misinterpret how this technique is being used by the challengers, so I am not surprised that most vote no.

As Eric has said, this technique simply grants the user insight of where to start. As many of you know, just having a face to track does not win you the battle.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 03:42:51 AM »

I vote yes.

Most of you misinterpret how this technique is being used by the challengers, so I am not surprised that most vote no.

As Eric has said, this technique simply grants the user insight of where to start. As many of you know, just having a face to track does not win you the battle.

That's a good point. And honestly, it's better to start off with something (a face) than nothing. After all, they would still need to figure out the location and physically head there.

Take this into consideration.
There are a few restrictions about the person that is subjected to pursuit. The user must know that person's chakra pattern. If someone can be targeted for pursuit, they may be very far away, the crystal ball will be able to confirm their position.

I still stand firm on my decision that this technique cannot be used to circumvent the *IC* search of a Jinchuuriki. How did the Akatsuki figured out most of the Jinchuuriki's locations? They obviously had a vast network of information and various sleeper agents as Deidara had.
Zetsu was a another reason they were able to obtain such information and vice-versa.
You don't need to be omniscient in order to start an interaction with a Jinchuuriki, you just have to approach from a perceptive that *you* will think will be most acceptable; just be smart about it.

Okay, but that's not possible in SL.
In Naruto, it's quite easy to find out who the jinchuuriki is as that's public knowledge. One can ask or 'persuade' a NPC to give him that information. From there, all you would have to do is locate the Jink somewhere within the village. This is basically what Sasuke did. But such a thing is not allowed in SL. >.>

So what about these other 'methods'?

Mind's Eye of Kagura - correct me if I'm wrong, would need to know the chakra signature

Sage Mode - I believe is the same as above

Byakugan - considering that it has a range of 20 km -> covering an area wider than NYC, it can also find the jinchuuriki relatively quickly without the need to know the chakra signature before attempt.

Basically one can use any of these other methods within the village they believe the Jink is in and find the person right away. So how is it any different than using the Telescope tech? Is it mainly because people are using it in their living room 1000 miles away? If so, would everyone be happy if they used it in the village the Jink resides in?

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2015, 03:51:29 AM »

I also say yes. But I would limit it to only being usable if/when the host is drawing out the chakra of the beast or using it in some fashion. Also I agree the tech does not give the certain location as to say. 

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2015, 04:03:58 AM »

Kagura would need signature yes, and unless the beast is actively in use you would have to be almost right up their face with prolonged focus to pick the beast out anyway, as seen with Karin.

Sage mode, signature yes, however if beast isn't in use the ability to pick out the host anyway is far more questionable, because senjutsu hax isn't answer to everything.

Byakugan's a mess because there is no unified consensus of its 'insight', much less range. However I will daresay there is no way you'd find a host quickly, especially without signature and beast not being in use, since even if the eye has massive range its not like you are constantly aware of everything happening in that entire kilometers long range. Like a shorter range I might understand the 360 from, but there's no way your brain would handle constant awareness of every single detail at like 10+ KM range, especially when at several points in the series its been shown hyugas still focus on specific things at even longer ranges.

Be those as they may, difference is you need time/effort and most likely signature in all of the above. Telescope will find them no matter what, wherever they are, unless their chakras basically shut off (aka untrackable) or they're in a location somehow sensing proof otherwise.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2015, 04:40:34 AM »

Kagura would need signature yes, and unless the beast is actively in use you would have to be almost right up their face with prolonged focus to pick the beast out anyway, as seen with Karin.

Sage mode, signature yes, however if beast isn't in use the ability to pick out the host anyway is far more questionable, because senjutsu hax isn't answer to everything.

Byakugan's a mess because there is no unified consensus of its 'insight', much less range. However I will daresay there is no way you'd find a host quickly, especially without signature and beast not being in use, since even if the eye has massive range its not like you are constantly aware of everything happening in that entire kilometers long range. Like a shorter range I might understand the 360 from, but there's no way your brain would handle constant awareness of every single detail at like 10+ KM range, especially when at several points in the series its been shown hyugas still focus on specific things at even longer ranges.

Be those as they may, difference is you need time/effort and most likely signature in all of the above. Telescope will find them no matter what, wherever they are, unless their chakras basically shut off (aka untrackable) or they're in a location somehow sensing proof otherwise.

Except for the fact that the Byakugan has literally been quoted as being able to see a beast within someone. Kage even posted a screenshot of the movie in a previous thread. So, byakugan cannot be disputed as a legitimate method of finding a beast now.

Sure, telescope is a useful technique to find biju. I guess that means it's a good thing that not everyone can use it, huh? At least as far as I am aware.

Though I will go back to what I said before, just having the face of the person who owns the beast does not win you the fight. You still must discover their location, and figure out how to fight them without having the village breathe down your neck.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 16 queries.