Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Should There be a Standardized Method of Fighting? VOTE [Closed]  (Read 4362 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Should There be a Standardized Method of Fighting? VOTE [Closed]
« on: December 04, 2015, 06:54:47 PM »

The title seems self explanatory, but I will go at length here.

Judges of all sorts come from many different places, and see RP differently. If we are going to have official everything, I feel we need to have an official way of fighting for a biju. Period.

A lack of standardization is going to cause inconsistent rulings based solely on what the judge thinks. Especially if Council Members are permitted to be judges, we need a standard guideline that makes it clear:

What is godmodding
Entry Post Stuff
What are acceptable RP power sources
etc.

This thread is not for debate on exactly what the standards are, but if presenting an idea of such is support for the chosen vote, then I think that is fine. Standards can be debated in the main biju rules section.

In case it was not clear, I vote YES, emphatically.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:46:32 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Should There be a Standardized Method of Fighting? VOTE
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 07:23:54 PM »

I agree as well. Like I said before I think the default should just be 1v1 ooc

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 01:31:28 AM »

such a broad category to vote upon. I am not sure what to think with this one. Perhaps further discussion will narrow it down some.

DO I think that some guidelines for matches should exist?

Yes.

What might those be?

Too soon to comment. The variables involved could be cumbersome. At least at this point in time.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 09:21:18 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 02:54:04 AM »

such a broad category to vote upon. I am not sure what to think with this one. Perhaps further discussion will narrow it down some.

Yes.

What might those be?

Too soon to comment. The variables involved could be cumbersome. At least at this point in time.

I was literally thinking the same thing. Like what are we talking about exactly?

Like should a match be IC or OOC.
Like should a match be allowed to play in teams (2v2 or 3v3).
Like should a match be allowed to be limited to only 1 type of jutsu (taijutsu, genjutsu, or ninjutsu)

Talk about cryptic. o.o

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 03:02:44 AM »

Yes.

What might those be?

I agree as well. This will probably be something we will have to talk about a little then go to voting on things and work our way into the main focus of things. Also I feel this should be placed in the rp section not the council.

Yes overall. But to early to truly say.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 03:03:18 AM by UettoSenju »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 06:39:51 AM »

I agree as well. Like I said before I think the default should just be 1v1 ooc

Yes.

What might those be?

Yes.

What might those be?

I was literally thinking the same thing. Like what are we talking about exactly?

Like should a match be IC or OOC.
Like should a match be allowed to play in teams (2v2 or 3v3).
Like should a match be allowed to be limited to only 1 type of jutsu (taijutsu, genjutsu, or ninjutsu)

Talk about cryptic. o.o

Yes.

What might those be?

I agree as well. This will probably be something we will have to talk about a little then go to voting on things and work our way into the main focus of things. Also I feel this should be placed in the rp section not the council.

Yes overall. But to early to truly say.

I feel I may have failed to articulate the precision that I was going for here. When I say "how to fight", I am talking about how to zone, and how powers permissible in the fight/RP may be determined.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8356.0.html

^ That, essentially. Whether the fight is OOC or IC is irrevelent, how that individual fight is actually conducted, especially the Zoning and Acquisition of power section. As Kirk put it in another section, standards on how to RP (or how to zone, period).
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 07:08:40 AM »

No.

Not only does everybody play/fight differently, but whatever is acceptable in a fight is determined by host and challenger prior to it anyway. If there's trouble then judge solves it, which has worked well enough so far, and if it doesn't we'll now have the council for it. There's zero point to trying to limit people over what they can and can't do even further.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 06:26:50 PM »

No.

Not only does everybody play/fight differently, but whatever is acceptable in a fight is determined by host and challenger prior to it anyway. If there's trouble then judge solves it, which has worked well enough so far, and if it doesn't we'll now have the council for it. There's zero point to trying to limit people over what they can and can't do even further.

This

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 07:04:38 PM »

No.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 09:20:45 PM »

No.

Especially after reading the provided link on the proposed standards. Changing my vote to no.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 12:59:32 AM »

No.

This

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 04:08:44 AM »

Nah. As warren said, there are too many things to consider to possibly make a "Standard of fighting". I do think there can be guidelines as to what is/n't allowed (I.E. suddenly leaving battlefield without the opponent having a chance to stop you).

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2015, 04:37:16 AM »

No
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile

Mortiferous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2015, 06:20:04 AM »

No. I agree with Warren.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 16 queries.