Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Challenging a Host (CLOSED)  (Read 2080 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Challenging a Host (CLOSED)
« on: December 05, 2015, 11:38:32 PM »

Please make one reply with a yes or no vote. If no, please state which section, or all of them, that is objectionable to you and include a short explanation of your vote if you wish. If other items need to be included here concerning 'challenging a host' and its purpose, please include those with your vote.

Again, IC hunts are not included at this time pending a resolved discussion.

• You cannot challenge any host until after their 14 day grace period is over.
  • You must check forum host preference threads to stay informed.
  • You must post to the host's preference thread to make a valid challenge. Notify the host through a pm on SL that you have issued a formal challenge.
  • You must begin to discuss match particulars with host within 7 days of notification or you will be bumped to the bottom of his/her challenge list. You then have 7 days to come to terms. Failure to come to terms within 14 days of notification will require the council to facilitate an agreement. It is encouraged to come to terms much sooner.
  • You are bound by the activity rules too. Notify host of inactivity in pm and his preference thread or forum match if applicable. After 14 days in a notified inactivity you will bow out gracefully and may challenge this host for this bijuu again after 3 months.
  • You must post to match every 7 days. After 7 days from a non-notified inactivity, you will bow out gracefully and may challenge this host for this bijuu again after 3 months.
  • After Inactivity or defeat you may challenge a different host, or the same host for a different bijuu right away.
  • OOC matches are 1v1. Preferences can alter this upon agreement of all parties involved.
  • You may have more than one OOC match going at the same time.

I do not think anyone should have more than one beast, hosted or 'owned'. But I have included the fighting more than one at a time, OOC-ly, just because others do.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 07:43:45 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Challenging a Host [vote]
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 12:06:49 AM »

I vote yes.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 12:11:02 AM »

Agreed.

Though the posting activity clause should be spoken about. I think hosts should be allowed to chose their times, obviously a maximum and minimum should be placed upon those preferences. Like min = 5 days, Max = 10. Some hosts have busier lives than some, and others just don't have the urgency to complete fights quickly.

Just an idea, but otherwise my vote goes yes.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 01:53:49 AM »

Yes.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 02:22:35 AM »

Yes.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 03:46:36 AM »

No:

After Inactivity or defeat you may challenge a different host, or the same host for a different bijuu right away.

Doesn't this risk conflicting with the "you cannot challenge the same host for 3 months" thing? Or is the general consensus that you are challenging for the biju and not for the host?

You must check forum host preference threads to stay informed.

Informed of what, exactly? I don't think preferences should be changing mid-match, so unless you're talking other additions to the challenge list or the host replying to the challenger, I don't get what the challenger needs to stay on top of in that thread.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 05:09:38 AM »

No:

After Inactivity or defeat you may challenge a different host, or the same host for a different bijuu right away.

Doesn't this risk conflicting with the "you cannot challenge the same host for 3 months" thing? Or is the general consensus that you are challenging for the biju and not for the host?

You must check forum host preference threads to stay informed.

Informed of what, exactly? I don't think preferences should be changing mid-match, so unless you're talking other additions to the challenge list or the host replying to the challenger, I don't get what the challenger needs to stay on top of in that thread.

+1
In regards to the 'staying informed with host's preferences', is that not considered automatically done prior to the challenge and match? 'Knowing' is half the battle.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 07:36:00 AM »

Yes.

I took it as she meaning check it before issueing the challenge not after it has been accepted and all that jazz. Perhaps the wording here can be altered to better suit that?

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 12:35:28 AM »

Yes.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 09:00:00 PM »

ok. the whole staying informed part is keeping in mind that the hosts will be using their thread for more than listing their preferences. It is their bulletin board to use for posting everything: grace periods, challenger lists, activity status, leave of absences...everything. Who is next. So yes, it is important that as a challenger you check these things. Some responsibility must lie with the challenger as well, they can't just be hand held through the whole ordeal.

I want to send this vote to done.
Object soon or next week it shall be so.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 01:41:51 AM »

I suppose yes, except the activity thing, host - challenger agreeing on a time by the two of them would work better than iron 7 days I think. Basically what Yujo said.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 04:15:16 AM »

again...we can strike through objectionable parts and pass what we agree on. then discuss that item, vote and amend the strike through with how we decide it will be?

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 04:17:54 AM »

Yes.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 07:42:59 PM »

Sent to done. Reworking time limit to arrange match and challenging same host for different bijuu.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 17 queries.