Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Proficiency with the Beast [Paused]  (Read 1802 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Proficiency with the Beast [Paused]
« on: December 06, 2015, 12:10:35 AM »

Please make one reply with a yes or no vote. If no, please state which section, or all of them, that is objectionable to you and include a short explanation of your vote if you wish. If other items need to be included here concerning 'beast proficiency' and its purpose, please include those with your vote.
~Note: This may be voting too soon and require discussion. So if that is the case, someone, please make a thread for that purpose and we will pause this vote pending in-depth discussion there. Mostly due to the issue of resets applying to proficiency? I have worded these rules on the basis of RP alone and do not acknowledge forest fighting acquired KGs in RP.

• 30 days per tail. You must post rp to this effect during that time pertaining to communing and/or training with your beast.
  • Beast taming ability KGs will be RP based only. Resets do not decrease number of days to proficiency as that is an OOC issue.
  • Each level claimed in RP in Sharingan, Mokuton, and Rinnegan can reduce the days required by one per level, due to those KG’s beast taming abilities. Ex: if you rp with a 3 Path Eye than you can knock three days off the time limit. These can all be stacked together to reduce the time per tail down to 16 days. It cannot be reduced to less time than that.
  • The beast must be completely mastered before the Jinchuriki can access Tailed Beast Mode. The Bijuu Bomb can only be used while in Tailed Beast Mode. The Bijuu’s passive ability can be accessed immediately upon being sealed with the beast, but the power will be weaker than someone who has mastered the beast.
  • If a Jinchuriki attempts to access more tails than they have mastered they will lose control of the beast. If they were not already in a V2 cloak they will immediately ascend to such at the level of tails they attempted to access. They must then rp is much the same way as Naruto having lost control of Kurama. The host is unconscious and subject to the whims of a furious bijuu. They will attack perpetually until anything that could be perceived as an opponent is killed, this includes their own summons, such as animals or Edo Tensei zombies. The host will gain a tail each turn starting after the turn they first lost control. After reaching the maximum number of tails in the V2 state the host will ascend to the full bijuu form on the next turn. If this happens the host is killed and the challenger need only subdue the rampaging bijuu to win the match. [Note: This is a stopping the match issue, until the consequences of accessing powers that have not been acquired are included.]
  • And so...each host must include upon his bio on SL, and in his forum preference thread, his tail level mastery.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 01:22:22 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Proficiency with the Beast [vote]
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 03:53:07 AM »

No:

Beast taming ability KGs will be RP based only. Resets do not decrease number of days to proficiency as that is an OOC issue.

Each level claimed in RP in Sharingan, Mokuton, and Rinnegan can reduce the days required by one per level, due to those KG’s beast taming abilities. Ex: if you rp with a 3 Path Eye than you can knock three days off the time limit. These can all be stacked together to reduce the time per tail down to 16 days. It cannot be reduced to less time than that.

These two are very contradictory. Like, very. For Mokuton how do you even measure "level" without taking a peak at resets? Similar for Rinnegan. Additionally, it should be explicitly noted that this is for beast summoners only; hosts should not have increased mastery (if mastery is being equated to communion and not just brute force controlled) just because of these KG, or any KG for that matter.

If a Jinchuriki attempts to access more tails than they have mastered they will lose control of the beast. If they were not already in a V2 cloak they will immediately ascend to such at the level of tails they attempted to access. They must then rp is much the same way as Naruto having lost control of Kurama. The host is unconscious and subject to the whims of a furious bijuu. They will attack perpetually until anything that could be perceived as an opponent is killed, this includes their own summons, such as animals or Edo Tensei zombies. The host will gain a tail each turn starting after the turn they first lost control. After reaching the maximum number of tails in the V2 state the host will ascend to the full bijuu form on the next turn. If this happens the host is killed and the challenger need only subdue the rampaging bijuu to win the match. [Note: This is a stopping the match issue, until the consequences of accessing powers that have not been acquired are included.]

I think this is a little, well, not heavy-handed, but too handy. I mean, just think about it, you have a challenger barely hanging on in a 1v1 match, and then the host decides to forcefully use more than usual as an actual strategy to kill off the challenger and have the biju either be turned over to the village (preservation of village beast) or be under their GMing.

I think it would be better to just not allow it all, and consider that god-modding.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 05:02:24 AM »

• 30 days per tail. You must post rp to this effect during that time pertaining to communing and/or training with your beast.
  • Beast taming ability KGs will be RP based only. Resets do not decrease number of days to proficiency as that is an OOC issue.
Call me messed up but I don't want to be 'forced' to RP anything that I'm not interested in. For example, bijuu training. I think some people would rather just count the days and when it's up, they edit their profile. >.>

And I would imagine it would easier to 'tame' a beast than to 'master' it. The Naruto manga showed us that.

If a Jinchuriki attempts to access more tails than they have mastered they will lose control of the beast. If they were not already in a V2 cloak they will immediately ascend to such at the level of tails they attempted to access. They must then rp is much the same way as Naruto having lost control of Kurama. The host is unconscious and subject to the whims of a furious bijuu. They will attack perpetually until anything that could be perceived as an opponent is killed, this includes their own summons, such as animals or Edo Tensei zombies. The host will gain a tail each turn starting after the turn they first lost control. After reaching the maximum number of tails in the V2 state the host will ascend to the full bijuu form on the next turn. If this happens the host is killed and the challenger need only subdue the rampaging bijuu to win the match. [Note: This is a stopping the match issue, until the consequences of accessing powers that have not been acquired are included.]

I think this is a little, well, not heavy-handed, but too handy. I mean, just think about it, you have a challenger barely hanging on in a 1v1 match, and then the host decides to forcefully use more than usual as an actual strategy to kill off the challenger and have the biju either be turned over to the village (preservation of village beast) or be under their GMing.

I think it would be better to just not allow it all, and consider that god-modding.

I agree with this.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 07:15:30 AM »

I vote, Yes on everything except the whole subject of '30-days per tail'.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 04:38:00 PM by Camel »

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 07:45:45 AM »

RPing bijuu training is not gonna work. I've been calling people out on it for ages, but all they still do is sit on their asses and bag tails. 30 days is good otherwise though.

Using tails/cloak above your mastery should just be a loss and kill you, otherwise people will abuse it for convenience.

KG's shortening the 30 day time should probably be a separate thread? Due to the whole IC vs forest thing.

Rest I agree with.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 07:47:54 AM »

RPing bijuu training is not gonna work. I've been calling people out on it for ages, but all they still do is sit on their asses and bag tails. 30 days is good otherwise though.

Using tails/cloak above your mastery should just be a loss and kill you, otherwise people will abuse it for convenience.

KG's shortening the 30 day time should probably be a separate thread? Due to the whole IC vs forest thing.

Rest I agree with.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 08:00:04 AM »

Yes to 4 & 6.

I say if you use above you tails mastered then you auto lose the fight. It is cheating in my thoughts. Don't use powers you don't have. I say this because one can easily say well I just lose control but can still fight like a mad person and win. If this is an OOC death match by the way they work this would be a legit way to win.

I also say just cut out the whole rp for tails bs and the whole in game reset for quicker tails bs. To me this is a compromise from both sides who like to duke it out on the issue so much. Just make it 30 days for each tail... simple as that. No shorting time needed. Not everyone may want to actually rp their beast as strange as that may sound. Of course what route to take between IC and OOC options still has a lot of debating and voting to go. I'm simply speaking on the off chance someone wishes to only defend their beast through OOC 1vs1 matches to do so they wouldn't ever truly rp their beast, as doing so means they could lose it in rp by rp nature itself, thus how can they earn tails by rping it? Why would in game resets even matter to said person? It may be a standing point no one has considered to arise as of yet but very possible to do so.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 07:02:15 AM »

I vote yes.

Losing the ability to form any rational thought and just running around trying to rip things apart is too good of an ability? It is basically is an auto-lose unless the person you're fighting is weak as dirt. *anyone with Wood Release makes a hand sign and has Wood Human step on them, fight over* I just thought it was a cool idea for something that had no rules so if we want to ax it we're not really losing anything. Just my two cents.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2015, 12:38:06 AM »

Yes.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 08:40:09 PM »

ok...so far we have

Yes to all = 3
Yes to all but 30 days is too long = 1
Yes to 4 and 6 = 1
No to rp training, yes to 30 day access per tail = 3 maybe 4 if that was what Mei was saying.
Yes to instant loss/kill for using over tail mastery = 3 or 4 if I read Eric's reply correctly

Now Eric makes a very good point:
'These two are very contradictory. Like, very. For Mokuton how do you even measure "level" without taking a peak at resets? Similar for Rinnegan. Additionally, it should be explicitly noted that this is for beast summoners only; hosts should not have increased mastery (if mastery is being equated to communion and not just brute force controlled) just because of these KG, or any KG for that matter.'

Mastering a Summons? You are controlling them under duress, correct? Will you be able to grow in power over the beast? Seems like a pretty weak bijuu if you can. To my understanding, it is ones relationship with the beast that makes them willing to give more power. So should we even have mastery of tails being an issue for summons bijuu?

Clearly this issue will require more discussion and is no where near voting stage yet.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8792.0.html
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 01:23:19 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 21 queries.