Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Should people be allowed to host/own more than 1 bijuu? (Discussion  (Read 8844 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile

I think yes of course. IC I want to collect the bijuu. So if it is character control to kill someone against their will I don't see how it isn't character control to tell me I can capture a Jinchuriki, know they are a Jinchuriki, and then I just have the shrug and do nothing till I can find someone to give it to.

It is not fair because the bijuu take so long to capture. When I last did Akatsuki we had most of the bijuu. Suddenly though Madara challenges Sabu and, in spite of my efforts to prevent it, Sabu just doesn't respond and loses the seven tails. So now months of effort needs to be expended again for no reason. And don't tell me "Well pick more reliable hosts" because I didn't willingly give it to Sabu anyway, I had to because you were only supposed to have 2 bijuu one hosted and one summon.

I'm of course willing to make rules for it. You should still only be able to summon one bijuu in a fight. And as I mentioned before you should be required to defend them simultaneously. If I have the 4 and 9 tails and Billy Joe challenges me for the 4 tails and Joey Bill challenges me for the 9 tails I have to fight them both at the same time 2v1 (or 1v1v1 depending on how much they want to work together).

Any other ideas for rules for owning multiple bijuu?

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
Re: Should people be allowed to host/own more than 1 bijuu? (Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 12:21:02 AM »

While I agree that owning multiple beasts should be a thing, I do not think if you are challenged for both, you MUST take em both on at once. I can see the loopholes a comin'.

So, Billy Joe has the 9, and 8 tails cause he is a godamm boss. Robbie Rotten challenges him for the 9 cause he want's to be foxy. Joe Billy is good friends with Billy Joe and agrees to 'Challenge' Billy Joe for his eight tails, and now Billy Joe/Joe Billy proceed to to give Robbie the meanest fisting he has ever been apart of. >> And now that Robbie is dead, Joe Billy falls to the ground in 'exhaustion' and goes unconscious, thus losing the fight as well.

I think, if you are challenged by two people for two separate bijuu you can choose to fight them both, if they are willing, but I don't think it should be mandatory.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 02:40:12 AM by Riku »
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 12:51:44 AM »

Of course you should be a able to have more than one beast. I also think it should be possible to combine them into the ten tails, consider the Mazou is an actual claimed thing here on SL. What is the point of that even being around if we cannot combine the beasts? It makes no IC sense, and I know how much all of you love making sense IC.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 01:20:14 AM »

I am not a fan of beast hording, summoning, or any other variant of multi-beasts. Why?
basically a host should be Boss enough to fight a match without an extra bijuu. A challenger should not have to face the potential double threat just because the one beast he wishes to try for is owned by someone with two or more at their command.

Finding good hosts is an issue, believe me I know.
@ Riku...I think maybe you meant owning/hosting two bijuu...cause near as I know you can only host one inside you?

However, for the sake of discussion:

IF the fights are OOC: no problem with two separate matches at once. Challengers should not have to add the wait time of the other challenge match to conclude before they can start their own. If a person is going to hold more than one, he needs to stick to the activity clause that everyone else is held to for each beast in question.

I feel that includes the 1v1 for OOC matches. A person who uses two bijuu should be twice as committed to the job, if he is good enough to run one bijuu, then he should be twice as good to run two. :)

Challengers should also not have to deal with the distraction of that other challenger and his interactions with the host within his own challenge match.

Can it be an option? Sure, but something that must be agreed upon by all parties involved.

For instance: Mary Sue has the one tail and the two tail and Todd wants the one tail and they are fighting. Then Johnny Rotten comes along to try for the two tails? Mary Sue is like, fine jump on in Johnny, but Todd is more exclusive and like...nope...get your own room, cause Johnny just might throw off my stride.

Mary Sue would then have to conduct two separate matches at the same time, in an OOC manner. However, if Todd is up to the diversity too, then go for it.

I feel that each beast should keep its own challenge list thread. If one is used as a summons during a match and a challenger on its list appears...it should be un-summoned from the current, separate, battle and a match for it commence separately.

So I propose...even though i say no no no...that IF multi-beast/summoning is voted in one day...that it be part of the options discussed during the match arrangements phase between host and challenger with the understanding that the challenger does not have to agree to face 2 bijuu at once...but can if he wishes to.

People have made numerous complaints about the IC hunt being too difficult while at the same time supporting the one up bijuu for their use. The difficulties involved with the IC hunt are no more numerous than those created by the multi-beast issue. It would be nice to see the community involved in this discussion make some compromise here concerning these two issues.

IF we can accommodate multi-beasts into our imagination and into our efforts to make them work, then clearly we can also accommodate IC hunting into our efforts and imaginations to also make those work.

@ the Gedo Mazo:

RP sense? Perhaps another thread one day? May we agree that Juubi/Gedo Mazo matters are not part of this process at this time and place, please?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 02:27:45 AM »

I don't really see multiple beasts being the same thing as the ic hunt because someone having multiple beasts has never really caused any notable problems as far as I know. I don't want to do ic hunts because they've failed again and again and been taken advantage of again and again. I want to be able to have multiple bijuu because I don't see any reason to be character controlled out of it however many I am able to capture and willing to defend.

Though as I said I'd be glad to make rules for a new IC hunt system just like I'd be glad to make rules for having multiple bijuu. The multi fight thing as just my idea of a fair disadvantage to go along with having multiple bijuu.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 03:03:47 AM »

fair enough. I will keep IC hunt discussion where they belong. :D

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 03:57:13 AM »

I think the 10-tails should still continually be considered void, and as such, I don't think anyone should be running around with more than 2-3 biju max. There is really no reason for stacking higher than 2 other than hoarding, what with the Mazo either inaccessible in RP or the 10-tails still considered void.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 03:59:44 AM »

Thanks Bocc for creating a discussion thread for this matter! =)
Keep on leading the way.

I must agree with Eric (max 2).
I think the 10-tails should still continually be considered void, and as such, I don't think anyone should be running around with more than 2-3 biju max. There is really no reason for stacking higher than 2 other than hoarding, what with the Mazo either inaccessible in RP or the 10-tails still considered void.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 04:11:51 AM »

I'm okay with owning more than one bijuu.
I'm not okay with the possibility of having a 10 tails.

Can it be an option? Sure, but something that must be agreed upon by all parties involved.

For instance: Mary Sue has the one tail and the two tail and Todd wants the one tail and they are fighting. Then Johnny Rotten comes along to try for the two tails? Mary Sue is like, fine jump on in Johnny, but Todd is more exclusive and like...nope...get your own room, cause Johnny just might throw off my stride.

Mary Sue would then have to conduct two separate matches at the same time, in an OOC manner. However, if Todd is up to the diversity too, then go for it.

I would assumed each would have their own OOC matches.
Has a host really allowed a 2v1 against him/herself in the past? Just curious.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 04:18:02 AM »

Ok I'll get two and then kill the other jinchuriki forever since you want to void my endgame goal. That's cool screw my character.

I'm going to get it. If that means I need to get all 9 bijuu across 5 characters and then combine them in the mazo I will also be getting then so be it.

Like I said though I don't know why this particular character control is acceptable if I'm not even allowed to kill people with out their express permission in triplicate. Just seems like eff you if you want to be a villain.

I mean the consensus seems to be either partially or completely screw my IC goals in which case I'm just going to do them anyway since that would make you all massive hypocrites.

Character control isn't ok just because someone wants to rp as a villain.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 04:28:21 AM »

I'm of course willing to make rules for it. You should still only be able to summon one bijuu in a fight. And as I mentioned before you should be required to defend them simultaneously. If I have the 4 and 9 tails and Billy Joe challenges me for the 4 tails and Joey Bill challenges me for the 9 tails I have to fight them both at the same time 2v1 (or 1v1v1 depending on how much they want to work together).

Any other ideas for rules for owning multiple bijuu?

I'll admit that I did not read this part of your post, Bocc.
Can you PM me your endgoal again? I forgot what it was.

And I'm confused, isn't what putting 9 bijuu into mazo is what makes a ten tail which most of us disagree on?

In regards to Eric's post, they can still make a custom jutsu that will equal world destruction with all 9 bijuu at their disposal. But I disagree with the 2-3 max bijuu ownership rule.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 05:55:05 AM »

Ok I'll get two and then kill the other jinchuriki forever since you want to void my endgame goal. That's cool screw my character.

I'm going to get it. If that means I need to get all 9 bijuu across 5 characters and then combine them in the mazo I will also be getting then so be it.

Like I said though I don't know why this particular character control is acceptable if I'm not even allowed to kill people with out their express permission in triplicate. Just seems like eff you if you want to be a villain.

I mean the consensus seems to be either partially or completely screw my IC goals in which case I'm just going to do them anyway since that would make you all massive hypocrites.

please excuse me but i was wondering something....

are you participating so that you can screw rules to suit your needs, or are you being objective to try and create a rule set that will work for the community?

Maybe you could separate the two issues somehow and keep personal end game goals out of this?

I know that my goals are not centered around keeping you in line. or anyone for that matter. I would expect the same consideration on your end.

I hope that was polite enough.

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 06:01:51 AM »

I'm not really one for people hosting/summoning more than one bijuu, or having an alt with a bijuu too, but that's just me, I guess. Give someone else an opportunity, but that might just be a forum/fair mind-set I'm used to.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 06:14:01 AM »

He wants to make and host the juubi, and murder everyone by dropping the moon to the earth, force a SL-wide 'reset'. Chakra from all 9 into mazo is also required for making juubi, yes.

In any case though, I suppose I'd be for the ability to have multiple beasts. Summoning only one per fights a no-brainer, nobody has chakra for multiples on their own. Hosting multiple ones...I suppose you could do that too, I've no idea at least on the fly what people would consider actually acceptable drawbacks for such. Plus well I'd have to void many RL months' amount of my own work and RP if I said no to this.

Combining all of them into juubi though...probably not?

I mean in Bocchi's case if hypothetically he succeeded, wouldn't that mean he'd effectively be removing all of them from the intended circulation? Which would make all these talks, votes and the like basically pointless.

Now before someone calls me a hypocrite for having been claiming I could make the juubi if I wanted a while ago now, yet saying this now...I'm quite aware. I however never was claiming I'd be combining all the full beasts if I did do it, plus even then people'd be free to just ignore that bit of my RP if they so desired.

Sooo...take my words as you will I guess.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2015, 06:38:48 AM »

please excuse me but i was wondering something....

are you participating so that you can screw rules to suit your needs, or are you being objective to try and create a rule set that will work for the community?

Maybe you could separate the two issues somehow and keep personal end game goals out of this?

I know that my goals are not centered around keeping you in line. or anyone for that matter. I would expect the same consideration on your end.

I hope that was polite enough.

Excuse me but how the hell are you not all over this?

When I kill someone else in an IC match you nearly rip my head off but when people want to make it a rule that neither I nor anyone else can ever successfully rp a major villain that's just a matter of course?

And I'm sorry but a rule restricting the amount of bijuu you can have, like it or not, is going to effect just myself and maybe the Uzumaki.

Screw that, it is not god-modding, meta-gaming, or character control to have multiple bijuu so there's no reason to make a rule against it.

When I succeed in making the Juubi it would remove the 9 bijuu but only for as long as that event takes. That's what I want to do. Me crashing the moon into the planet would be the the "game over" if I  was not stopped. I actually want to do an rp with it. Not like Zenaku who wanted to get all 9 and just go, "Woo!" and pass them back out doing absolutely nothing of worth with it, which people had no problem with. I don't want to get the Juubi to remove it and the bijuu from rp because I think I should be able to decide on my own that major items of importance should all but be removed from rp.

I just want to do a freakin rp. And yeah I want to try and have my moment. If no one wants to go along with the reset should I win I'll just rewind time to before the Juubi event and then pass the other bijuu back out and keep my 9 tails. I'll know I did it and that's good enough for me.

So can anyone explain to me how me wanting to do this rp is unfair? It's unfair that I can beat the other hosts? It's not like I automatically gain all 9 bijuu if it is made a rule that it is possible. I have to do all the work, and I'm going to do it myself this time because having to rely on other people who can lapse at anytime and rebound my progress back literal months of time is not fair. It is again character control to force me to work with people I have no reason to.

I try not to take this personally but when I'm the only one with the means and the desire to actually do this event and people feel the need to make it an iron-clad rule that I cannot be successful than it is pretty hard not to take it personally.

You say we don't want people hoarding the bijuu. How am I hoarding them? I have to defend them all, if I got all 9 I could have to defend all 9 of them in 9 separate matches simultaneously.  And I'm totally willing to do that, so why wouldn't I be able to? If it irks you all so much that I might have them all then you can challenge me any time for the 4 tails.

No one has actually given an explanation for why this shouldn't be a thing. Everyone has just said I don't want it, I don't want people to have multiple bijuu, I don't want people to be able to make the Juubi, I want to limit every villains rp to what I feel is acceptable.

Make what I've said the rule then. If you make the Juubi you get to do your world take over attempt and then win or lose everything goes back to normal. Who is that hurting?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 06:39:22 AM by Bocchiere »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 16 queries.