Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Just have no ic hunts for now (discussions)  (Read 1962 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Just have no ic hunts for now (discussions)
« on: December 08, 2015, 09:58:19 PM »

For the people voting on should there be ic hunts think of it like this. Think of how much time and effort we will save by not having them. We can make all the other rules and put them into effect so bijuu fights are actually happening for a change and then we can focus entirely on rules for ic hunts because I think that will be as expansive as the rest of the rules combined

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Just have no ic hunts for now (discussions)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 11:15:28 PM »

Is there anything from permitting the current hosts who are not interested in doing IC hunts from carrying out their bijuu matches?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 01:35:07 AM »

Is there anything from permitting the current hosts who are not interested in doing IC hunts from carrying out their bijuu matches?

Nothing currently, unless you live in Kiri and think the whole bijuu system has been turned off for as long as we're talking. Nothing has changed yet the old rules are in effect till we are done.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 03:30:03 AM »

Let me ask it again...

Something Keeping Hosts from carrying out their challenges. Kiri Hosts do IC hunts. I believe the bijuu system was basically turned off by the void vote, and not these talks?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 03:42:00 AM »

Let me ask it again...

Something Keeping Hosts from carrying out their challenges. Kiri Hosts do IC hunts. I believe the bijuu system was basically turned off by the void vote, and not these talks?

If you wanted to void bijuu you could void bijuu. I don't Know how that translates to I can keep my bijuu and ignore the bijuu rules now. Then again I'm not looking for excuses to not have to defend my bijuu either.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 04:30:16 AM »

More to the point, there are a wide variety of issues with the IC rules. And it's not just the people who don't want IC hunts because they're more difficult to work with. Folks who don't mind IC hunts, but understand that 80% of recent tailed beast issue topics have come from IC hunts and the related, reason that the IC hunt can be sidelined (I.E, voided) for the time being.

In that breath, if a host is not able to deny an OOC challenge even if the preference is IC, then there is really no hindrance to challengers challenging OOC (and most probably will) and voiding IC challenges is kind of unnecessary except for a quicker passing of the biju rules. And as Kay said in the other thread some progress has been made on the topic.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 05:29:24 AM »

More to the point, there are a wide variety of issues with the IC rules. And it's not just the people who don't want IC hunts because they're more difficult to work with. Folks who don't mind IC hunts, but understand that 80% of recent tailed beast issue topics have come from IC hunts and the related, reason that the IC hunt can be sidelined (I.E, voided) for the time being.

In that breath, if a host is not able to deny an OOC challenge even if the preference is IC, then there is really no hindrance to challengers challenging OOC (and most probably will) and voiding IC challenges is kind of unnecessary except for a quicker passing of the biju rules. And as Kay said in the other thread some progress has been made on the topic.

I agree we should work on IC rules, people should be able to do the hunts that way if they agree on it. I just think it would be much easier to save it for later and get working bijuu rules up and running before worrying about closing the 1001 loopholes in the IC hunt. I feel it is an unnecessary drain on our resources at this current time.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 07:32:29 AM »

Rather than starting the blame game again, this is fairly simple yes/no matter, which is why I also mentioned it in the vote thread because imo doing this'd be far smarter than just trying to get rid of the IC outright before we've even got a base set up.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 09:14:27 PM »

speaking of the vote thread...

It would be nice to actually have a rule set for IC hunts before you all decide to vote on voiding them. How do you even know what you are getting rid of until we have something to use?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 03:44:57 AM »

It would be nice to actually have a rule set for IC hunts before you all decide to vote on voiding them. How do you even know what you are getting rid of until we have something to use?

Because as I mentioned it is going to be as much work making rules for IC hunts as all the other rules combined. I'd just as soon void them with how much trouble they cause but instead I am saying let's just do those rules last. Roll all the other rules out and have a working bijuu challenge system, then worry about IC hunts.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 03:58:41 AM »

At the end of the day "patching" this with OOC fights only might even prove to be the desired meta for us. It may seriously just work well. If it doesn't, well, more reason for us to hurry on up and work together to knock out some rules.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 04:17:59 AM »

I don't wanna make the Trump metaphor, so I'll just simply say that I think it's wise not to accept IC hunt until we know how to deal with problems involving it.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 16 queries.