Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Stalemates (Discussion)  (Read 3319 times)

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Stalemates (Discussion)
« on: December 10, 2015, 07:49:10 AM »

As the title says above, how should this type of situation be handled? Imagine this. You're going up against the host of the nine tails, you're up against incredible odds even with the Gate of Wonder opened and just happened to decide it is time to take it to the next level. You activate the Gate of Death and now possess *far* more power then your opponent--at a deep price--you will die after a certain amount of time has passed. This can create the event of a tie/stalemate between both players should this route be taken in a match.
I haven't seen it yet but needless to say with the way speed boosts are being handled nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if someone decided to use it to create this scenario. If this were to happen in a bijuu match then it would lead to the council having to intervene and a gamemaster would either make it re-spawn or something else being done; such as giving it to next challenger or etc.
Please discuss and be friendly with one another, no hostilities please.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 08:52:08 PM by Camel »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Stalemates (Discussion)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 11:25:07 AM »

hmmm....

well...if both participants are destroyed?

snort...that is just hilarious. permit me to laugh in glee for 5 minutes. I love it!

Oh my...

Ok

ROFLMAO

no no...I can't breath

oh god. straight face...

right!

well how about we follow what, hopefully, is to soon be a completed and approved set of host stripping rules by going through those steps?

to the village head -->if approved
to the next on the challenge list
to the council if no challenge list
and so on and so forth as put forth over there in the stripping a host rule, reply #4?

to kind of keep these...delightful situations...uniform across the board?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 09:58:25 PM »

In the result of a do, count out, or draw the champion retains the title.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 11:28:06 PM »

As the title says above, how should this type of situation be handled? Imagine this. You're going up against the host of the nine tails, you're up against incredible odds even with the Gate of Wonder opened and just happened to decide it is time to take it to the next level. You activate the Gate of Death and now possess *far* more power then your opponent--at a deep price--you will die after a certain amount of time has passed. This can create the event of a tie/stalemate between both players should this route be taken in a match.
I haven't seen it yet but needless to say with the way speed boosts are being handled nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if someone decided to use it to create this scenario. If this were to happen in a bijuu match then it would lead to the council having to intervene and a gamemaster would either make it re-spawn or something else being done; such as giving it to next challenger or etc.
Please discuss and be friendly with one another, no hostilities please.  ;)

This is probably one instance where I would totally advocated giving it to the village/organization, in the case of a draw. Otherwise, I say give it to the Council and have them pass it off according to the stripped rules.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 12:10:04 AM »

For real though why make more work and butt hurt for people? Should you really lose your bijuu because you weren't equipped to tank a C0? Would this apply to ooc fights too? Because then people could challenge people explicitly to kamikaze them and make them still lose their bijuu as a troll. I don't like it I can see it doing more harm than good. In a draw the jinchuriki should keep it

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 01:04:19 AM »

Sounds like something I Would do.  8)

ok so...stalemate/double death dealing matches...hmmm, another exploitable event encase of just sending it back to the village/organization or council for unaffiliated hosts...we are tasked with filling loopholes here...

what if a one time, reset prior to the stalemating event in the match for a redo? with the stipulation, however unnecessary it may seem...not to pull that scenario again or offending member will be punished, not both parties.

sigh...i am not really satisfied by that notion either.
awaits brilliant minds to comment.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 01:28:30 AM »

The entire notion of a 'stalemate' actually occurring has bewildered and puzzled me to say the least. Naturally I just assume in my own mind after reading the *old* rules that if this scenario were to occur then the champion retains the beast but his cool-down period is much shorter (Significantly cut down in half) and the challenger is put down on the bottom of the hosts' preference and challenge list. I'm befuzzled to say the least on how this issue should be handled. The thought of the village head gaining it could actually lead to more issues then solutions. (As in the case of Amegakure) The council is another option but *how* would the beast re-issued back into role play that is fair to the community?

We might as well cover all of our bases and talk about it before such an issue arises.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 01:28:58 AM by Camel »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 01:59:19 AM »

hmmm....

the old rules of host retention and challenger hitting the bottom of the list does seem reasonable.

this would avoid involving a village/head that could indeed cause more problems. If we just do a halved cool down time, then it is not a stripping issue and would require no other interference.

If the council had to handle it, then by lottery, challenger tourney, or wild bijuu event?

speaking of cool down times between matches, I do not believe that has been included in the activity clause and should be addressed. People need to have time to train and such with their host and recover from battles.

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 04:08:42 AM »

Have stalemates/draws actually happened before?

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2015, 05:50:33 PM »

Just an idea, but there has been that rule going around where a judge can look over an rp, and decide a winner based on who was genuinely better during the course of the fight. This normally happens after a certain amount of time has passed since the fight started, but I'm sure it can be applied here as well?
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2015, 07:35:38 PM »

If a draw or stalemate, the holder of the beast retains it.
Let's not make this difficult.

Get 50 plus 1...
If you can't defeat the holder, then you do not get it. It is I think that simple.
Goal is to defeat, if not the holder has continued to protect it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2015, 08:15:47 PM »

Get 50 plus 1...
If you can't defeat the holder, then you do not get it. It is I think that simple.

If Sasuke had not survived C0, can it be argued that Deidara beat Sasuke? Or that Sasuke beat Deidara? It is clear when there is a winner at the end, but it gets less clear otherwise. In an IC match it would obviously be a loss cause, herp a derp, you just killed the biju too, but in an OOC match such things are hardly a concern.

In the case of a draw, recall, the champion did not fend off the challenger either for all intents and purposes, by definition. If the champion gets to keep it then that is the same as saying that the challenger loses, not really a draw.

Semantics aside, for OOC challenges, it might be best to discourage suicide attempt from BOTH parties. If a host can get away with both dying and he/she keeping the beast, he/she might try to kamikaze both participants. So what occurs should depend on who initiated the suicide; the challenger or the champion.

My battles with Ichirou (especially the first one) nudge me in the direction of forcing the judge to declare a winner, even if by a small margin. Let there be no draws to begin with. I know how the word "forcing" sounds but if we can get the judge to declare a winner based on how the two fought, I think that could wrap this issue.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2015, 04:27:11 AM »

Get 50 plus 1...

I feel this is a very valid point. As a host, I DO NOT HAVE to beat the challenger, I just have to keep him from beating me. HE is the one who must conquer me to take the beast. Failing that. well...he failed, right?

I am not sure I explicitly understand the stale mate scenario as presented.

However, from my/Yugito's experience as the host of the Nibi and fighting Luka. There came a point after long hard hours/days of combat and interminable posts that I simply said to him, "Listen...I am not obligated to fight you for the rest of my life. If you have not demonstrated by now that you can take Nibi[the names were not revealed at that time] away from me then you never will. I have more than demonstrated that you cannot at this time defeat me and it is time to end this match with myself as the victor. I have defended my beast and you have not moved me into a position where you have taken it."

That did not go over too good but during our last meeting we had fought with back to back posting for over 12 hours straight. Enough was enough.

I have often thought that a number of rounds would be a good thing, but do not feel that the bijuu hunts really fit that criteria...where as a tourney match certainly would.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2015, 12:11:39 AM »

... If you have not demonstrated by now that you can take Nibi[the names were not revealed at that time] away from me then you never will. I have more than demonstrated that you cannot at this time defeat me and it is time to end this match with myself as the victor. I have defended my beast and you have not moved me into a position where you have taken it."

That did not go over too good...

Well, yeah, if you said it exactly like that I can see why it didn't go over too well.  :oops:

All he needed was a slip-up. Tire your mind out with fatigue or something. Tire your patience maybe. I wasn't there so I don't know the extent of the drawn-out-ness, but all he probably needed was for you to make one capitalizable (that should be a word btw) mistake to have it.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2015, 01:33:42 AM »

Eric trust me luka pulls so much nonsensical bullshit that the maximum amount of time anyone should be forced to deal with him is 15 minutes or less
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 17 queries.