Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 Remake  (Read 1345 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
« on: December 13, 2015, 08:24:07 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3sBZ5Nr4hc

I'm surprised no one here's talking about it. I'm sure most of us are roughly the same age and grew up with this game when it first came out. While not my favorite Final Fantasy game, I can't deny the gravity of the game. So, for any of the other Final Fantasy fans, what's your opinion on this game based on the information we know?
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 7 Remake
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 04:37:50 AM »

It's being partially made by CC2 -- guys who make the Naruto games -- so I expect there to be boss battles on a grand scale, and the battle system seems to be like Crisis Core which I'm fine with. CC:FF7 was my first FF game, so as you'd expect I wanted to jump right into FF7 to see how the story continued after Zack, but I never got past the first disc. Pretty excited that I can finally play the game in updated graphics so that I'll probably finish it, but that may not be the case. They could change the story, they could include Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, Advent Children, etc. among other things instead of just recreating the original game with better graphics. We'll just have to wait and see, but regardless I'm kinda hyped for it.

TBH, I'm more hyped for FF15. Enjoyed the demo and that game has been a long time coming.

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 05:26:47 AM »

We have to remember the console generation gap here. What the systems could do then and what they can do now. 18 years is a long time. This remake is jumping three generations. And the PC has only increased as well dramatically.

Taking in the fact that due to such a gap voice actors and certain other actor orientated positions will no doubt be different. Still the main thing is the technology.

The graphics are obviously going to be a lot clearer and better than the original and since tech now can handle GBs of data (instead of KB/MB) that means the developers are going to add more places that weren't there before. Add more cut scenes and general stuff to fill in all that space. I hope they don't mess with the story, but odds are they will no doubt alter it like everything else. Maybe add a side story or whatnot.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 11:00:46 AM »

I'm looking forward to the story as well, but I've never played Crisis Core so the gameplay will be different for me. But what is your opinions on the fact that it's going to be episodic? Hopefully we won't have to pay for each episode and if you buy one, you get the others as timed releases included. Otherwise, $40 bucks a game would be pretty terrible.

But maybe it'll be a disk an episode. I just wonder if every enemy will make the cut, because FF7 had its fair share of strange enemies.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

MaliciousWolf

• View Profile
    • Hummingbird.me (Anime Community)
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 12:22:50 PM »

I was not aware this remake was going to be an episodic release. I personally cannot stand episodic releases, it is like DLC for an online game, except instead of providing new content each release this merely continues the single player story when the story should have already been completed. In the case of FF 7, this does not make sense where the story the remake is based around has already concluded. Surely then I expect they are going to be loosely following the original story, and instead pretty much have their own new story being developed otherwise episodic releases will lead to cries of foul by some who are familiar with the original.

Episodic releases would work fairly well though if they plan to add a good amount alternate endings with extremely varying plot lines throughout each 'episode' based on player choices, that is if they are planning the story to be loosely based around the original. This would open a large amount of replay value with a complete collection as one gets to experience a lot of unique cut scenes and battles that vary greatly from their choices. I do not mean just a few changes here and there to a similar set piece either which should be possible to include all in one release alone like previous iterations, but grossly varying set pieces and events episode to episode based on one's actions. It would be well worth it then in my opinion to pay for each episode if they maximize content with each release.

If the game ends up being too linear in the end, well I will be a bit upset. Will be buying regardless though because it's a Final Fantasy Game.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 12:24:23 PM by MaliciousWolf »

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 17 queries.