Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Rules for Multiple Bijuu Summons (Discussion)  (Read 2163 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Rules for Multiple Bijuu Summons (Discussion)
« on: December 23, 2015, 03:23:58 AM »

So since we agreed someone can have multiple bijuu than that means you can have multiple bijuu that are summons. So what rules do we want to put in place for someone with more than one bijuu available to summon? These are the current summon rules for reference.

ºChakra Costº
Bijū cost 20% of the user's total (not current) chakra to summon, even in succession.

ºControlling Mechanismº
Bijū must be under the influence of genjutsu at all times while used as a summon. Regardless of the genjutsu's potency, it will tax 5% of the summoner's total (not current) chakra while it's actively being used as a summon, the taxation only ceasing when the bijū has been removed from the field. Techniques capable of transferring chakra from the bijū to the summoner are strictly prohibited from being used in this context.

ºRestrictionsº
Summoners are restricted to one action per post, be it offensive or defensive so long as the bijū is summoned.

ºProhibitionsº
Enhancements to the bijū, such as encasing it in Susanoo are prohibited.

ºDrawbacksº
Bijū utilized in this manner will always possess a hateful disposition towards their summoner, this is static. Should a chance ever arise and they gain the ability to act of their own volition, they will prioritize slaying their ex-summoner first, regardless of the presence of any other actors.

ºDeath of Summonerº
If the summoner dies while the bijū is unsummoned and located in inaccessible territory (such as a pocket dimension), it will re-spawn within a week's time where the summoner was slain.

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Rules for Multiple Bijuu Summons (Discussion)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 03:52:41 AM »

I propose that only one biju may be actively summoned at a time. Other than that I can't think of anything off the top of my head to be added to the summoning rules.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 07:23:41 AM »

Yeah not too sure myself. I'm fine with one summon at a time. Any more is redundant.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 01:38:56 PM »

Well since we are going to be dealing with a huge chakra cost here. how about a means of monitoring the available chakra?

20% of total chakra to summon, + 5% to keep it controlled, putting the user down to 75% of his total chakra.

Now...given you cannot exceed a minimum amount of total chakra in order to sustain life...what is that min?

Which would make only what % available for use?

To have chakra cost mentioned without a means of actually measuring and monitoring the chakra pool is going to be pretty pointless and just hyperbole. More of a 'for show' drawback that has no real world application. It makes it look like it would be tough, or a hindrance...some inherent flaw...but in reality it is just talk.

I think it would be cool to see, if a user falls below a certain total available chakra level, the genjutsu will fail and the beast will go into the drawback state mentioned of attacking their summoner.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 02:25:07 PM »

Respawning of summons bijuu due to character death.

Summons do not die when a contract holder does. I understand you are not saying this is what happened to the bijuu summons but are trying to account for what to do with it. But this scenario doesn't sit well with me. Too many variables. who controls the respawning event. How will it all be handled and so forth.

I propose that in the event of character death while a summons bijuu is called or even when it has not been called forth, it just goes to the council and then defaults to the stripping rules as to how they handle it.

But...let's say the bijuu is summons...called forth...and the challenger kills the host. HE has to deal with failure to extract the bijuu from a live host...is this being held to anymore? or ever? Once upon a time in my memory land, if you killed the host the bijuu respawned?

anyway...so you might have a respawn going on for failure to extract bijuu from a live host...and a freed summons with no host to turn on that suddenly sees the challenger as the next best target to vent its rage upon? And have an immediate attack situation on your hands too.

So it is a precarious situation there. Would/should/could the challenger be offered the opportunity to fight to capture that freed summons right then and there...provided it had been called forth and on the field during character death? And who controls that freed summons during the battle? The dead host player?

IS this too much BS and just match over...skip what might actually be going on in RP and just council bound for both bijuu? I am seriously against being able to extract a bijuu from a dead host. I know...side topic but here is where it came to mind for me.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 08:38:31 PM »

The chakra costs are there so your opponent can count that you've summoned a bijuu, an Edo Tensei zombie, and made 5 bunshin that you should only have 10% of your chakra left so if you shoot off 100 fireballs they have a good argument to the judge that you should be out of chakra.

We've been making a lot of rules with the thought in mind of making things clear and concise. I think those ideas might be more trouble than they are worth when we can just say the person who wins the fight gets the bijuu they challenged for.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 08:32:25 AM »

Well since we are going to be dealing with a huge chakra cost here. how about a means of monitoring the available chakra?

20% of total chakra to summon, + 5% to keep it controlled, putting the user down to 75% of his total chakra.

Now...given you cannot exceed a minimum amount of total chakra in order to sustain life...what is that min?

Which would make only what % available for use?

To have chakra cost mentioned without a means of actually measuring and monitoring the chakra pool is going to be pretty pointless and just hyperbole. More of a 'for show' drawback that has no real world application. It makes it look like it would be tough, or a hindrance...some inherent flaw...but in reality it is just talk.

I think it would be cool to see, if a user falls below a certain total available chakra level, the genjutsu will fail and the beast will go into the drawback state mentioned of attacking their summoner.

It would take numerical limits and a finite series of jutsu/moves that can be performed with a varying chakra drain, creating a curve that would look something like a wave. Such a thing is not widely used in SL RP, and would likely have to be eithre invented from scratch or introduce a whole new system for zoning in general. Without there being general guidelines for the actual fighting (that proposal was soundly shot down) doing anything more than % would require revisiting the regulating the fights themselves part.

Respawning of summons bijuu due to character death.

Summons do not die when a contract holder does. I understand you are not saying this is what happened to the bijuu summons but are trying to account for what to do with it. But this scenario doesn't sit well with me. Too many variables. who controls the respawning event. How will it all be handled and so forth.

I propose that in the event of character death while a summons bijuu is called or even when it has not been called forth, it just goes to the council and then defaults to the stripping rules as to how they handle it.

But...let's say the bijuu is summons...called forth...and the challenger kills the host. HE has to deal with failure to extract the bijuu from a live host...is this being held to anymore? or ever? Once upon a time in my memory land, if you killed the host the bijuu respawned?

anyway...so you might have a respawn going on for failure to extract bijuu from a live host...and a freed summons with no host to turn on that suddenly sees the challenger as the next best target to vent its rage upon? And have an immediate attack situation on your hands too.

So it is a precarious situation there. Would/should/could the challenger be offered the opportunity to fight to capture that freed summons right then and there...provided it had been called forth and on the field during character death? And who controls that freed summons during the battle? The dead host player?

IS this too much BS and just match over...skip what might actually be going on in RP and just council bound for both bijuu? I am seriously against being able to extract a bijuu from a dead host. I know...side topic but here is where it came to mind for me.

Out of character, I think killing the host should be the primary objective, if I understand correctly. Kill the host, take the tattoo or whatever mechanism that we settled on, and then be the new master.

In an IC situation I guess something a little more "logical" would be needed, dependent on the state of the beast at the time of the original summoner's death. If never summoned, then tattoo/contract theft/inheritance goes as if the challenger won the match. If the beast had been summoned and had not been taken away prior to the death of the challenger, I imagine allowing the champion to GM the beast for the remainder of the fight is the quickest solution.

Not necessarily the best though. That's all I can think of at the moment though regarding that situation.

*P.S

If the summoner was ALSO a host, then the beast that he/she was hosting would go to the Council in the case of host death in an IC situation. In an OOC battle isn't that counted as a victory for the challenger?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 08:33:59 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 11:29:31 PM »

If the summoner was ALSO a host, then the beast that he/she was hosting would go to the Council in the case of host death in an IC situation. In an OOC battle isn't that counted as a victory for the challenger?

I don't see why another beast should be up for grabs. You are of course, fighting for the rights over the contract of that specific bijū. Not that host specifically and if anything should be up for grabs, it is that beast they're defending. Maybe a compromise can be made between the two participants that if they're defending a contract and coincidentally is a host of a bijū, then that host should be up his/her beast for grabs.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 07:27:44 AM »

I don't see why another beast should be up for grabs. You are of course, fighting for the rights over the contract of that specific bijū. Not that host specifically and if anything should be up for grabs, it is that beast they're defending. Maybe a compromise can be made between the two participants that if they're defending a contract and coincidentally is a host of a bijū, then that host should be up his/her beast for grabs.

If the host is killed in an IC situation then the beast dies too (hence the need for something to be done with it). In an OOC battle the host doesn't explicitly lose the beast that he/she is hunting, onlly the battle for the tattoo beast.

I dunno, should it be a rule that it's all or nothin' with these fights?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2015, 07:56:41 AM »

If the host is killed in an IC situation then the beast dies too (hence the need for something to be done with it). In an OOC battle the host doesn't explicitly lose the beast that he/she is hunting, onlly the battle for the tattoo beast.

Not all the time no. What if I have two bijuu and two people challenge me, one for each bijuu. Does the first person to win get both of them and screw the other challenger? I'd say no. It shouldn't be a rule that it's all or nothing.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 07:07:42 PM by Bocchiere »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2015, 04:25:54 PM »

Not all the time no. What if I have two bijuu and two people challenge me, one for each bijuu. Does the first person to win get both of them and screw the other challenger? I'd say no. It should be a rule that it's all or nothing.

I'm confused, what are you suggesting? Because the first person to win getting both is kind of all or nothing.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2015, 07:13:27 PM »

Not all the time no. What if I have two bijuu and two people challenge me, one for each bijuu. Does the first person to win get both of them and screw the other challenger? I'd say no. It should be a rule that it's all or nothing.

I'm confused, what are you suggesting? Because the first person to win getting both is kind of all or nothing.

Sorry meant to say shouldn't.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 16 queries.