Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Tomoe Rinnegan  (Read 2181 times)

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Tomoe Rinnegan
« on: January 12, 2016, 05:18:15 PM »

So, I know for awhile the Tomoe Rinnegan has been a no go for the site. But I was wondering if we could perhaps include it into the site now, perhaps with some proper nerfs? Here's what I was thinking..

- Amenotejikara can be used but only in place of another path, meaning the Tomoe Rinnegan user would have to give up usage of a different path in place of this technique.
        - Range is limited, lets say 10 feet at acquisition, and can be trained up but to a specific limit, perhaps 40 or 50 feet max?
        - Switching places with objects and or people requires physical contact, marking them in a manner similar to hiraishin
        - Sasuke's inter dimensional ability is banned,
        - I was thinking instead of giving the entire Doujutsu a cooldown rate like Sasuke's is shown to have, Amenotejikara could instead have a cooldown rate, that way the other paths are still usable and it is on par with the regular rinnegan. The cooldown rate for Amenotejikara could vary depending on distance, closer ranges like 10 feet and under could have a cool down of 1 turn, and farther ranges like 15 and up could have a 2 to 3 turn cooldown depending on the full distance. This would it from being a bootleg Hiraishin, due to the inability to consistently use it.

- Genjutsu: Rinnegan can be used, but is pretty much just a stronger version of Genjutsu: Sharingan, being harder to release from instead of being able to do things like put all the tailed beasts in a Genjutsu at once

Outside of that everything else could remain the same as standard Rinnegan protocol, No Border Jail, stationary Preta path, etc.

I bring this up because I intend to utilize the Tomoe Rinnegan with my other character and I figured I would share the nerfs that I would be placing on the Doujutsu so it's not as overpowered as it could be, I hope there aren't any issues with it. I like the idea of having new things to bring into the rp on the site, and with the Tenseigan being added in I figured 'hey, why not?'

If there's any other things about the Tomoe rinnegan that you think should be addressed ability wise, feel free to bring it up and we'll see if we can hash it out.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 05:18:59 PM by Garō, Ichirou »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: Tomoe Rinnegan
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 09:00:33 PM »

I'm 100% against this. SL has enough overpowered people and we banned everything after episode (Insert the number here was it 400 or 600 or something?) for a reason.

This just allows for everyone and their grandma to FTG (it is still a bootleg FTG even with the restrictions in place) I wasn't for everyone having FTG hence all my posts previous before this about who has it and who can teach it.

If this is allowed everyone will FTG all over the place in the fight. No thank you.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 09:43:20 PM »

Then it just needs regulation, don't have to let everyone and their mom have it. The ban on episodes whatever through whatever hasn't been panning out anyway,

MaliciousWolf

• View Profile
    • Hummingbird.me (Anime Community)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 10:29:38 PM »

I suppose regulation would be similar to the tailed beast regulations, as in only so many can have it at one time and those that hold it can be challenged for the ability.

I honestly could care less though, such powerful techniques bore me RP wise.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 10:41:52 PM »

They pretty much bore me too, Wolf.

I don't see the point in becoming impossible to interact with other players on a level that negates skill and chance as part of the mix. Might as well just declare yourself a God and be done with it.

"I am always gonna have success in what I do and no one will be able to give me a proper challenge so just let me walk around and CC everyone, as long as you play my glorified npcs everything will be fine."

One could just as well go write fan fic as to build a character that way. Games are supposed to be exercises in chance, not certainty.

As it stands, the 'regulation' is to ban it.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 11:40:49 PM »

Yeah Ban 8 Gates on people with Jinogu because it's too strong but also I'm going to rp with Tomoe Rinnegan. Seems legit.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 02:11:02 AM »

Yeah Ban 8 Gates on people with Jinogu because it's too strong but also I'm going to rp with Tomoe Rinnegan. Seems legit.

A.) didn't say anything about banning anything, just made a topic for discussion.
B.) because of the feedback i've already recieved on this topic, i'm not going to rp with it. It's already been removed from bio's and everything. Happy Hanukkah

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 22 queries.