Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The IC Hunt [Discussion]  (Read 3872 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: The IC Hunt [Discussion]
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 12:57:24 AM »

With regards to this section:

7] Be advised that the downside of choosing this option means that all your story lines are subject to being driven by your life as a host. You will not be permitted to complete current role play but risk the interruption by hunters wherever you go and whatever you do.

Me thinks the total interruption of the ongoing plot, if you are found, might be a bigger issue than the flight or fight question tho. I mean, say me and whoever are duking it out with some bad guy over the literal fate of the world, it would make basically zero sense to expect either party to just obediently drop it if some hopeful showed up in between and went 'no no, stop it, I want my fight now'.

This is not what I meant. The hunter showing up, finding you while you are engaged in a storyline, would be interrupted by their entry into the event adding the extra dimension of this guy wanting to take your bijuu. What ever you are doing would now include this other dynamic...surprise! Trying to save the world? Well now you got some kook up your back trying to take your beast at the same time. The super villain you are fighting could just as easily turn on the hunter too for getting in the way, NO NO Mr. Bijuu hunter. I GET TO KILL THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD> MWahahahhaha...and what the heck, you too! He is NOT just to stand there and shlump off. Oh well, I will go rp someplace else now. Whah Whah.

AND ALSO:

RP locked is a major issue, since jinchurikii can just claim to be RP locked indefinitely in order to avoid a fight. With that in mind, we should probably set a limit on how long a jinchurikii can remain RP locked (though set it somewhat high, like maybe a month or 3 weeks or something).

The section in question does not permit RP lock. Because that also does not make sense. The hunter is not just going to stand around and say, "Oh well...my quarry is trying to save the world so I have to take a number and go watch paint dry in the park." Actually it would be the perfect distraction for the hunter to try and make a move on the host.

Anyway....it seems that so far this part is alright.

1] A host/summoner/owner must make a public role playing post at least once every 14 days and is subject to all the normal rules. They do not have to post a challenger list but must maintain an activity thread on the forum for all other purposes listed in the forum account clause.
2] Acceptable public locations include village boards, the gardens, and all general access zones. They do not include restricted access villages [Hoshigakure], dwellings, restricted access zones [Sannin and Kage level], private zones, forest access boards [the curry shop, the bijuu resting meadow], and sub-boards of the gardens [the bar, the meadows, the game room].
6] Hunters may not use information obtained out of character and out of context to roll play for finding the host. No metagaming.

This one may or may not need to have additions concerning space time jutsu use/prevention methods.
3] These hosts are subject to character death. However, they may flea from a fight, as running away is a valid RP option. If running away is done, the attempt and successful getaway cannot occur in the same post. The host must make another public post within 1 day.

These may have to be removed as they only serve to complicate the issue:
4] In the interest of simplicity and timeliness, hunters can be of any number but only one person can do the actual fight. As such, the host is the only player who can defend himself. All other character player participants in the RP serve a supplementary aspect and may not engage in actual combat. Once a host is engaged in battle, no other character can interrupt the match to make an attempt at stealing the bijuu or saving the host.
5] Supplementary player characters are useful in employing hunting techniques that the challenging player character does not possess. Acceptable techniques to be employed while hunting for a host include: bijuu chakra sensing, AND WHAT ELSE?

This was already voided and needs to stay in place:
Unacceptable techniques that may not be employed while hunting for a host include: Telescopic Technique

Proposing to replace #7 with this:

7] Be advised that since the host is choosing to run all aspects of his term with the beast in context of a storyline, that Hunters may enter into that RP adding a twist to the current event by their presence. Rp should continue as usual upon his entry.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 06:55:01 AM »

I'm talking about RP locked where you literally cannot post because you are waiting on someone else to post in your RP. Regardless, unless that RP is unlocked and shifted, normal time cannot flow and the hunter can't exactly engage an opponent literally stuck in time (unless your name is Kyutu of course).

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 03:15:22 PM »

Hmmm...good point.

Well we do have the posting in a timely manner rule. Once the hunter enters the rp...the whole rp would be subject to that rule too.

I suppose we need to be adding in something about time limits for posting. We have this from the main rules:

During a match, hosts and challengers must make a post to the RP once every 7 days.

Seeing as this could become a multi-character event, what if we do something like this:

During an event hosts and challengers, as well as other character participants, must make a post to the RP once every 7 days. Non-hunter/host participants' turns will be skipped after such time as to keep the RP moving along. Should the inactivity of the non-hunter/host continue a second time, this character will be 'character controlled' out of the event in order to avoid an RP-lock situation.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 02:55:31 AM »

Hmmm...good point.

Well we do have the posting in a timely manner rule. Once the hunter enters the rp...the whole rp would be subject to that rule too.

I suppose we need to be adding in something about time limits for posting. We have this from the main rules:

During a match, hosts and challengers must make a post to the RP once every 7 days.

Seeing as this could become a multi-character event, what if we do something like this:

During an event hosts and challengers, as well as other character participants, must make a post to the RP once every 7 days. Non-hunter/host participants' turns will be skipped after such time as to keep the RP moving along. Should the inactivity of the non-hunter/host continue a second time, this character will be 'character controlled' out of the event in order to avoid an RP-lock situation.

Whatever attacks the controlled person had executed (or had been in the process of executing) during that time should also be CC'd. Otherwise we'll end up with hosts having to respond to an attack from a character who is no longer in the RP.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2016, 03:49:07 AM »

I think that to be effected by a person, and or his jutsu, after he is unable to continue and exited from the RP by others through character control, is something I do not wish to see. Meaning, like for instance the chakra eating rain to be posted as continuing after the character is exited from the rp...no good.

If a person can't make it, and this had to happen, then their jutsu should just be ended...dispelled...cease operating at that point. NOT BE VOIDED...for the action had occurred and for at least one round people have already reacted to it...then one round their first turn was skipped...the second round they are CC'd out of the event. At that point the jutsu should fade away as the person's chakra is no longer present to sustain it.

Something that might be different, and would continue once the character was gone, is a permanent effect jutsu. However, its completion would have to have been made by the character himself and not CC'd by anyone prior to missing the first round.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 17 queries.