Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

Should the Inactivity Clause be Official or Not?

Yes, make it Official as is
- 8 (44.4%)
Yes, make it Official with edits
- 5 (27.8%)
No, throw out the current version
- 5 (27.8%)
No, throw it out no matter the edits made
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: March 13, 2016, 02:53:47 PM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The Inactivity Clause: Official or Not?  (Read 8466 times)

Kite

• View Profile
Re: The Inactivity Clause: Official or Not?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 03:48:23 AM »

While I do like to idea of being able to reclaim a canon item/jutsu/summon so that it doesn't sit in inactivity for all oblivion I don't really like the first come first served mentality. I feel like taking that approach leaves people running for the gates as soon as they open and leaves a lot of people upset and very few satisfied.

In cases like these why not submit the items to the Game Masters that we all just voted for? Have them set up an event that is open to anyone that is interested in obtaining the item. It doesn't have to be a free for all battle and the last one standing gets the item. It can be a small story based RP and have the item found during the RP, or the jutsu learned, or the summoning contract signed or whatever it is.

This way items aren't arbitrarily ripped away from people. The Game Master can do a bit of research on the items and talk to anyone currently/previously associated with the items. If they determine that the item is indeed inactive then they can create some RP as noted above. If they determine that creating an inactivity event isn't a good idea for that particular item then they can talk to the current owner that may not be using the items (like what was happening with the swords) and try and come up with a way to put that item back into RP circulation without just taking them away magically.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 04:31:26 AM »

So you say we give them to a game master and then have people fight for them? No. That will cause WAY more issues. Trust me. Battling for anything only will insure more fighting verbally. Like the bijuu nonsense.

First one to see it is up for grabs will get it. And then they can decide whether or not to do an rp with it.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Kite

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2016, 05:46:35 AM »

No I'm not saying they fight for it. I'm saying the Game Master does an RP with it which results in it being redistributed to someone by the conclusion of said RP.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2016, 06:28:29 AM »

Not a fan of the activity clause as is.

Should someone leave sl, then they should still be listed as a user owner, but the new user owner be bold faced on the wikia to indicate present day conditions.

Should that original person return and wish to make an issue of it, that can be handled on an individual basis through RP.

No item should be taken from anyone who is still a member. Period. Not without RP being the incentive.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2016, 06:39:04 AM »

I actually brought this up in my post regarding the Wiki issue. I'm not sure about any of the other game-masters, but I know I would be perfectly fine with creating an RP in order to procure canon items. And there's a bit of a problem with what you're talking about, Shadow. I'll make an example.

The Legendary Shovel is a canon item that was claimed by Kage Schmukatelli, who has not been on for 91 days. This means the TLS goes back into circulation.
Hunter Nin Established starts an RP event in the Land of Gardening's public board to claim TLS. The RP will take about a week to finish with the players involved. At the 6th day, as HNE waits for their partner to post in order to finally 'claim' TLS, Academy Student Recruit edits the wiki page and starts saying that they claimed TLS without any proof because 'first come first serve'. That obviously leaves the parties involved in the RP a little bit unhappy because they've been working for it.

Another scenario that could happen would be the same as what I just described, but with several people doing an RP at the same time all unknown to each other. Who gets it in that situation? The first person to 'get it' or the first person to 'initiate' RP? Having the items handed to the GMs would allow for much easier control in these types of situations because there will just be ONE RP for ONE item, instead of several RPs all going on to get that ONE item. It would allow for anyone to get involved as well, instead of some people who might choose to exclude people from joining their group. And, it would avoid having the "poof" mentality when it comes to claimed things.

And I know I mentioned doing away with claims in those previous topics as well. I just wanted to throw it out there as an option :) There are benefits by doing that, but that would be its own topic.

And regarding what you're talking about, Kayenta, I feel the same way. If I had some cool thing, (The Legendary Shovel, for example) and had to go away for an extended period of time that would put me over the 90-day period (a short-notice deployment makes this a real possibility, unfortunately) I would be a bit bummed to find out when I got back that I no longer have TLS. I know rules are rules, but if we keep logs of who has what (by bolding the current user and leaving the others plain or in italics) then I would be able to see who has TLS now and talk to them about the problem.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Kite

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2016, 06:45:15 AM »

I actually brought this up in my post regarding the Wiki issue. I'm not sure about any of the other game-masters, but I know I would be perfectly fine with creating an RP in order to procure canon items. And there's a bit of a problem with what you're talking about, Shadow. I'll make an example.

The Legendary Shovel is a canon item that was claimed by Kage Schmukatelli, who has not been on for 91 days. This means the TLS goes back into circulation.
Hunter Nin Established starts an RP event in the Land of Gardening's public board to claim TLS. The RP will take about a week to finish with the players involved. At the 6th day, as HNE waits for their partner to post in order to finally 'claim' TLS, Academy Student Recruit edits the wiki page and starts saying that they claimed TLS without any proof because 'first come first serve'. That obviously leaves the parties involved in the RP a little bit unhappy because they've been working for it.

Another scenario that could happen would be the same as what I just described, but with several people doing an RP at the same time all unknown to each other. Who gets it in that situation? The first person to 'get it' or the first person to 'initiate' RP? Having the items handed to the GMs would allow for much easier control in these types of situations because there will just be ONE RP for ONE item, instead of several RPs all going on to get that ONE item. It would allow for anyone to get involved as well, instead of some people who might choose to exclude people from joining their group. And, it would avoid having the "poof" mentality when it comes to claimed things.

And I know I mentioned doing away with claims in those previous topics as well. I just wanted to throw it out there as an option :) There are benefits by doing that, but that would be its own topic.

And regarding what you're talking about, Kayenta, I feel the same way. If I had some cool thing, (The Legendary Shovel, for example) and had to go away for an extended period of time that would put me over the 90-day period (a short-notice deployment makes this a real possibility, unfortunately) I would be a bit bummed to find out when I got back that I no longer have TLS. I know rules are rules, but if we keep logs of who has what (by bolding the current user and leaving the others plain or in italics) then I would be able to see who has TLS now and talk to them about the problem.

I support this post.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2016, 06:54:17 AM »

If we were all like Bec this place would be amazing. Might lose a little bit of its gritty charm but hell, you actually seem like a robot sometimes man, you're way too nice to be here.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2016, 08:03:48 AM »

I vote for the first option. Why? Because its just a smart vote.

Like my vote for Trump the other day in the Louisiana primaries. #ThumpTheTrump.

And because I'm tired of the Kiri bs. I didn't get to get I to that but that issue at hand has a lot to do with my vote choice here.

And sense I don't post on the wiki I'd like to vote on Bocc staying admin. Truly the guy did nothing wrong in my mind. He was making a move to promote rp as he should do. Not hinder it as the other party seems to play a large role in doing. So that's my vote there as well. Someone can screen shot it and put it there are some shit.

In the end this is all stupid though. But I love my SL hard-headed, dumb-dumbs all the way to the hot headed Bocc to the libiral flip-floppidy Kay, to the arrogant communist Kiri peeps to the hippy free loading Uzu but holes. We're just a big disfunctionable family. You guys make me happy to be apart of this place.
P.s. you to Eric, you overly contradicting bastard and you Sabu, you blasphemy spewing demonic figure.
P.s.s. and you to Ace, Kamui, Ice, ect. You natzi camp leading staff scum.

Hehehehehehehehehe

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2016, 01:02:41 PM »

Yeah. IF an activity clause is what we end up with, The GM scenario would be the least problematic and give you slackers something to do with your lives!
I would expect the RP to make sense though. It the Shovel was last in Suna...I can't imagine you holding an RP about it in Oto all of a sudden.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2016, 01:26:57 PM »

That would come into play with what Kite said when he mentioned
The Game Master can do a bit of research on the items and talk to anyone currently/previously associated with the items.
We, as game masters, would make sure that the RP made as much sense as possible if this were to come about :) Now, that doesn't mean that items can't move. What if The Legendary Shovel was last used in Suna and entered inactivity. Well, Bob Vela managed to steal it from whatever garden shack it was hiding in and is attempting to move it to Konoha. If no one tries to stop Bob Vela's attempt, then the RP will move to another area!
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2016, 03:49:43 PM »

I vote for the first option. Why? Because its just a smart vote.

Like my vote for Trump the other day in the Louisiana primaries. #ThumpTheTrump.

And because I'm tired of the Kiri bs. I didn't get to get I to that but that issue at hand has a lot to do with my vote choice here.

And sense I don't post on the wiki I'd like to vote on Bocc staying admin. Truly the guy did nothing wrong in my mind. He was making a move to promote rp as he should do. Not hinder it as the other party seems to play a large role in doing. So that's my vote there as well. Someone can screen shot it and put it there are some shit.

In the end this is all stupid though. But I love my SL hard-headed, dumb-dumbs all the way to the hot headed Bocc to the libiral flip-floppidy Kay, to the arrogant communist Kiri peeps to the hippy free loading Uzu but holes. We're just a big disfunctionable family. You guys make me happy to be apart of this place.
P.s. you to Eric, you overly contradicting bastard and you Sabu, you blasphemy spewing demonic figure.
P.s.s. and you to Ace, Kamui, Ice, ect. You natzi camp leading staff scum.

Hehehehehehehehehe

The wiki thing is not affected by posts here on SLF.

This vote is not just about Kiri, but canon items all over the realm, including jutsu. If Uetto remains dead long enough and he didn't pass it down to someone else, at some point the whole Zetzu thing can be claimed (perhaps not with custom attachments, but the zetzu thing in general).

If an individual hiraishin user is gone long enough, the first one to notice suddenly can lay claim to it without doing any RP whatsoever. Same with Edo, the Mazo, canon Uzumaki fuinjutsu, etc. RP is not a current requirement for the activity clause, only that the current owner(s) are demonstratively not active for a certain amount of time.

Everyone who is advocating for RP attachments should not be voting for this to be left and passed as it currently is, because how it is written at this very moment is how it would go into effect by the first vote.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2016, 06:16:23 PM »

"If an individual hiraishin user is gone long enough, the first one to notice suddenly can lay claim to it without doing any RP whatsoever." - Eric

That is untrue. Since there are multiple Hiraishin users every one of them would have to be inactive for someone to claim it. Since the whole point of the rule is the keep canon things in the world if there are 6 other active users the rule does not need to be used.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2016, 07:32:56 PM »

"If an individual hiraishin user is gone long enough, the first one to notice suddenly can lay claim to it without doing any RP whatsoever." - Eric

That is untrue. Since there are multiple Hiraishin users every one of them would have to be inactive for someone to claim it. Since the whole point of the rule is the keep canon things in the world if there are 6 other active users the rule does not need to be used.

So even if there is one active user then the rule would not be invoked? Then why was it invoked for the swords when their claimants (the SSM/Kirigakure) had at least one active character? And what of dead characters, do they keep things from being claimed as well, or the death of all claimants be viable for this rule as well?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2016, 09:54:10 PM »

I don't care if people claim white zestu. Mine are custom more or or and anyone can claim what they want.

A for FTG each person had a custom scroll. You can't lay claim to a custom thing. That the way I we it. If no one at l knew it anymore then I would at it could be claimed by magically forming a new custom scroll

The swords are each single objects.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2016, 10:03:35 PM »

Sabu, you blasphemy spewing demonic figure.

Thanks.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.