Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Amendmet Process  (Read 984 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Amendmet Process
« on: March 14, 2016, 03:28:17 AM »

So here is my proposal for the amendment process, defined as adding new rules to the rules that we already have (this is NOT for the community to debate about whether the rules we voted on here go into effect upon us deciding to publish, that is not up for debate whatsoever) or altering the ones that we already have.

1) Make thread in the village square to introduce, discuss, and iron out the proposal. This is primarily discussion, and is fairly informal, as it can be done by anyone who has a forum account.

2) If a week passes without an overwhelming rejection of the proposal (out of 7 thread participants, 5 reject the amendment), then an official thread is made by a Council Member outlining the full details of the proposed amendment. A vote is held for a time period of one week. Votes are counted if and only if it is in a reply to the thread with a clear yes or no answer. Maybes will not be counted, and any votes made after thread closing will not be counted.

3) When voting closes, the votes are tallied and the amendment either passes or is rejected. A majority (with a minimum of 15 total eligible votes) will pass the amendment. Otherwise the amendment is rejected.

- If an amendment is rejected, then it has to go back to the discussion/drawing board. If enough changes in the voting populace climate or if the amendment is modified significantly, it can then be resubmitted by a Council Member.

- If an amendment is approved, it is added to the rules.

- An amendment may be made that nullifies another amendment.

- An accepted amendment must be put into force no later than 3 days after the posting of the vote tally. When it is put into force, it is considered a rule, is to be enforced as such, and must be added to the rules page as an amendment.

- An amendment that is nullified by another amendment is struck through, not completely deleted, from the rules page.

Yes to this or no to this. Yes means yes, obviously, but no means that, as of right now, we don't have a formal process for changing the rules once we publish them, which could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your point of view.

I vote yes.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.