Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Cookin up Good Things!  (Read 5765 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Cheater's Supper
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 03:02:55 AM »

Why is it a Cheater's Supper?

Feeling lazy tonight...most everything was...*le gasp*...store bought!

French Bread with sesame seeds, Spinach and artichoke dip, red pepper humus...all store bought.

Spinach ravioli...
I just cut up tomatoes, rubbed about a tablespoon of basil I grew last summer over top, splashed it with olive oil, salt, garlic, and pepper then heated it through in a sauce pan to let the basil release its flavor. Threw it over top the ravioli [that I had boiled done from frozen, also store bought] in a pie pan and baked at 350 'F for 20 mins, covered with foil.

Chicken...
I cut up some chicken boob and browned it in that cast iron skillet I told you to buy. I used coconut oil for that in the pan; it heats up quick so watch you don't walk away and fill your house with smoke thinking it will take forever to heat like vegetable oil does. Stuck the chicken in a cake pan and poured...store bought...bleh...orange/ginger sauce over it. Baked at 350 'F for 20 mins, covered with foil.

Healthy Oils Salad...
store bought lettuce medley...got iceberg, some purple variety, spinach and some frilly shit lettuce...cut up carrots real thin, chopped English walnuts, diced tomato, sliced avocado, sliced kalamata olive. It doesn't need a dressing. Feta cheese, not crumbled but a block you dice to hot-dog-onion size, would have made it perfect but alas, didn't have any.

And yes, it was too much food. I couldn't finish my supper. Will have to try again in a few hours or just have it for lunch tomorrow.

And god my hands just smell amazing from rubbing the basil...the smell just intoxicates me. I want a pot of basil growing in the living room to just be an air freshener. Piss on Glade and their toxins in a spray can!

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Cookin up Good Things!
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2016, 07:08:40 AM »

Too much food? I'll have to take a picture of what I eat in a sitting whenever I go to the chow hall :)

But that looks pretty good save for the lettuce and olives. I would have substituted the lettuce for raw spinach for that leafy crunch and just gotten rid of the olives (mainly because I hate olives). Also, goat cheese probably would have been a good topping to your bread. But still, it looks pretty tasty. And I'm all about taking less time to cook something, because then you have more time to just waste.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2016, 05:11:31 AM »

Bec's Bachelor Meal

https://i.imgsafe.org/badf04e0db.jpg

I didn't post the image because it was just too big. But basically, it's just steak and rice.

For the rice, take a cup of rice and throw it in the rice cooker with a cup and a half of water and a teaspoon of chicken/beef bouillon. Mix it until the bouillon is evenly mixed. Then turn on your rice cooker and let it work.

For the steak (I had to cut it in two because my pan wasn't big enough), give it a dry rub of seasoning salt, pepper, and a small bit of sarriette. Then, prep the pan with any kind of oil (I usually use coconut, but I had some olive oil I needed to use) and toss the steak in. Cook the steak to the amount you want it (medium rare for me) and enjoy.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2016, 07:32:10 AM »

cool. I never heard of sarriette before. It looks kind of like rosemary...

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2016, 03:29:25 PM »

Yeah, I think it's Summer Savory in english and it has a very unique taste. Too much can overpower a dish. I would say it kind of tastes like chorizo in a way, because when you put some into scrambled eggs it makes it taste like there's chorizo (except it's missing the greasy, spicy, meaty taste). It might be hard to find because I ended up finding it in some specialized European food store.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 10:41:20 PM »

So for memorial Day I was sick as a dog. Stress from drama in the family of the lady I take care of through my home health care job. But...I managed to cookout anyway. Whoot!

Food really does cure all the world's evils.

I started out by making some pasta salad.

Ingredients:

tri-colored fusilli [egg, tomato, spinach noodles]
Italian Sausage
Colby Jack Cheese
Valdallia Onion
Green Bell Pepper
Pepperoni
Pimento stuffed green olives, black olives
diced raw tomato
olive oil
dried tomato and Parmesan seasoning blend with oregano and basil

SO I cook the noodles done in boiling water, 8-10 minutes. Drain and chill in the fridge. I brown the Italian sausage in that cast iron skillet, slice lengthwise down the center, then cut those down the center, and then slice off small chunks---essentially quartering the sausage and then dicing that up from there.
Meanwhile I dice up a block of cheese, tomato, onion, and green bell pepper.
Slice the olives, quarter the pepperoni slices.
mix it together over the chilled pasta, you don't want to do this hot cause your cheese will melt and be gross. pour over some olive oil, just enough to coat...not so much as to pool in the bottom of the bowl, and sprinkle in the spice till it taste how you like it. chill and serve.

Tip of the day: your hands are the best cooking utensil out there. So mix this with your bare hands. The pasta will not get tore up by a spoon and the olive oil is good for your skin!. CLEAN HANDS if you please!!

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2016, 10:58:55 PM »

Hmmm, then made some Cream Horn Fruit Bites.

Ingredients:

Store bought cream horns, vanilla cream filled and chocolate too.
spearmint from the garden
strawberries.

So I cut each cream horn into 5 slices.
wash the mint leaves.
wash the strawberries, cut off the stem leaf thing, and slice in half.
put a mint leaf on top of the cream horn slice.
put a strawberry half on top of that.
chill and serve.
Any fruit will do. and the mint is a delayed flavor that washes up through your mouth after the sweetness of the cream horn and the fruit explode.
mmmm

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2016, 11:17:34 PM »

Deviled Eggs. Kind of a cook out must in these parts. For some reason these just get in my mouth, quality control. I must eat the defective ones. So make sure you fix enough to have some when you serve them up.

Ingredients:
Eggs
Yellow mustard
Miracle Whip...I hate the way mayonnaise tastes...generic is ok, but the particular blend of vinegar in the miracle whip suits me best.
Paprika

So boil your eggs a full ten minutes after the water starts to boil. I put the eggs in the water before I start to cook rather than after it begins to boil. Safer that way.
Then immediately drain and quench by covering in cold water. Peel once the eggs are cool enough to handle.
Slice eggs lengthwise in half. Pop out the hard yolks into a bowl to save. Arrange the egg whites on a serving dish.

Mash the egg yolks wit a fork until it is powdery granules. The more you mash the less lumpy your filling will be. Add yellow mustard just until a stiff paste forms blending it into the egg with your fork. Add the miracle whip until a smooth spreadable paste forms.
Fill the egg halves with the paste. Sprinkle the paprika on top for color. Sadly I had none. For added devilment, use cayenne pepper instead! Chill and serve. Do not let sit out and get warm. FOOD POISONING IS REAL FOLKS. And it is the pasta salad and deviled eggs at a picnic that will get you. Never take some if it is warm.

Some people get fancy and use a pastry icing thingy...an icing bag? it makes it come out with neat patterns all perfect and pretty. Don't have one, Perfect Christmas gift for all you shoppers out there who just stay up all night wondering what to buy me! oooh, or even a matching set of dishes!

Some people use a bit of sweet pickle juice to cut the vinegar taste, sugar, or brown sugar, or even pickle relish to add some color and extra flavor. I am not a fan of sweets in certain foods. This is one. At most I might do a teaspoon of the sweet pickle juice to cause the flavors to blend more cohesively as one.

you can see those cream horn fruit bites and some slice Italian sausage here too. Those were really good on hot dog buns with some hot and sweet mustard packets left over from the Chinese restaurant!

« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 11:22:44 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2016, 11:30:07 PM »

Grilled Chicken boob!

Ingredients:
boneless chicken breast. For me the bone in takes longer to cook, a grill's heat is hard to regulate, sometimes you burn the chicken and it is still raw near the bone. So I don't do bone in unless I boil the meat first. Not a fan of making people ill.
Spices...this time I used McCormick's Espresso Grill Rub. Anything will do.

Start your grill. Rub the meat with the spice. Cook till done.
but not too done. Dry chicken sucks. You can poke it with a fork and if clear juice runs out, not bloody, then you are good to go!

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2016, 11:48:43 PM »

Burnt Hot dogs and Chili Sauce

So you need hot dogs, so burn the crap out of them. These were not quite burnt enough. But not everyone at my gathering is a fan of the burnt dog so...you must please the guests.

For the chili sauce, the following ingredients were used...this time. >.>

Ingredients:
ground beef, any ground meat will do. Deer is especially nice.
green bell pepper
sweet onion
canned chipolte peppers in adobo sauce
chili powder
very fine ground corn meal...like flour consistency. I use about 1-2 tablespoons. This is to bind the juices up a bit and give it a rich thickness.
salt, pepper
fresh tomato or canned diced tomato.

so you brown the meat and drain the grease off. Stir often to break up the meat rather than letting it form clumps all over the place.
Add the raw peppers and onions and sautee that until they get tender.
Add the chili powder, salt, pepper, and corn meal flour. Stir and cook a couple minutes to unlock the spices before adding the liquidy part.
Add the tomato and cook down until a sauce forms.

Now...you just spice it up at hot as you like. Start with a little bit though cause it gets hotter as you cook and you can't take it back out, you can always add more. so this is something you will taste from time to time to check your seasoning levels are just right to suit you. Oh yes...mustard is another good ingredient to add, but i think it goes best when i use honey too.

I make one where I put honey in it too, but this is not it. Or brown sugar. Was not into that sweetness though so did not go there.

Serve hot over the dogs. Provide drinks. I like it hot!
Ooooh yes, and I grated cheddar cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, and diced onions to top mine with!

Hmm, so that was it for the memorial day cook out. forgot to do the corn on the cob but nobody cared! Gotta use that up with supper tonight before it goes to waste!

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2016, 12:10:01 AM »

Happy Accident.

So I was making chicken Parmesan, only *le gasp* all I had was provolone. And Mine gott! Just look at how well that cheese melted and spread all over the dish? Permesan just kind of melts in a lump in place. But this even did the stringy stretch thing when you dished it up from the cake pan to the plate! Who knew?

Ingredients:

boneless skinless chicken breast
Italian bread crumbs and a tablespoon of flour
2 eggs
provolone cheese, sammich slices style!
fresh or canned diced tomato
olive oil
olives
onions
green bell peppers
minced garlic
mushrooms
basil
frozen or fresh ravioli stuffed with whatever you like.

So...

mix some bread crumbs with the four in a bowl. set aside.
beat the eggs in a bowl and set aside as an egg wash.
wash the chicken in cold water, pat dry. wet chicken doesn't hold the egg wash as well.
dip chicken in egg wash, then in bread crumbs, then in egg wash, then in bread crumbs.
I like the double dip.

brown in skillet in olive oil. coconut oil is good too, but it is overpowering with chicken, in my opinion. If I was making coconut chicken...well ok.
set aside.

start a kettle of water boiling...

saute the onion, garlic, and pepper in olive oil. Add diced tomato, sliced olives, and basil. Add mushrooms last cause they turn to rubber if overcooked. Fresh basil is best.

once the water boils cook the ravioli just a bit to soften up. blanch it, or even longer to al dente.

drain and lay in your baking dish. I used a glass cake pan. Top with the sauce and lift the ravioli here and there to let the sauce run down through. top with browned chicken. top with cheese slices.
bake at 350'F for 30 mins covered with foil.

eat hot!

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2016, 01:03:26 AM »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2016, 02:38:16 AM »

ah god. what is not to love about that big hairy man and his cheesy grin??

Ethaniel

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2016, 07:30:05 AM »

Taiyaki and Dango with strawberry daifuku and a cup of ramune! Made from a Kracie Happy Kitchen set.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2016, 04:46:29 PM »

arhg. I have never had dango or daifuku! I am so jealous!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 5.044 seconds with 17 queries.