Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Does chakra really matter?  (Read 5784 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Does chakra really matter?
« on: March 28, 2016, 05:55:47 AM »

Occasionally, I'll go through the zones and villages and just read what goes on. Even though I've been here for only a little while, the whole time I've been here I've kinda seen the same thing. People seem to throw out all sorts of jutsu without any regard to chakra usage and only show signs of fatigue if the plot of their event dictates.

Even if people do burn through chakra, some people have ways to get around this. Chakra seals, chakra tattoos, chakra scrolls, chakra candy bars, etc...And even if they don't have any of those, everything they do absorbs chakra from other sources. Of course, not everyone's guilty of this and even I've guilty as well because I can think of one time where I did something similar with one of my NPCs...

But, I was wondering, what is everyone's opinion on the topic of chakra? I know that there's plenty of people who have come up with ideas and ways to quantify chakra, but it always falls through. Plus, things only work if everyone follows the rule, and the community of this place comes together as well as water and oil. [but the same can be said about so many communities]

So, do chakra points matter?

100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Rusaku

• View Profile
Re: Does chakra really matter?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 05:59:45 AM »

Honestly? I have come to believe that none of the more active zone fighters have any intention of ever running out of chakra. There are just too many ways not too. I genuinely believe that chakra actually does not matter anymore when it comes to that group. 
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 06:01:42 AM »

Chakra does not matter at all. Only way chakra exhaustion ever comes up is if you use an ability that forces your chakra to be quantified, like Kage Bunshin. Say you split your chakra into 9 clones so you only have 10% of your chakra left. Well if you go on firing off giant fireballs and lasers for post after post than your oppnent can be like, "Hey Judge, that's a little much for 10% chakra." Than of course it's up to them to determine what the 10% is and if that is viable or not.

Only other time is if someone just forcibly drains you of all your chakra with the Preta Path or something, than you really have no choice.

In short though, no, chakra doesn't matter.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 12:19:58 AM »

It really depends on what a person classifies themselves as. Like they can say they're of kage-level power and chakra reserves, but that usually implies the ones from the series. Our current kage and other notable individuals have already far-exceeded that.

I just go with saying I have a stupidly-massive chakra reserve because of Senju, Uchiha, Six Paths Chakra, Tailed Beast Chakra and seniority hacks. I do some physical training to up my Physical Energy, and meditate to up my Spiritual Energy too.

I haven't really seen the chakra candy bars, pills, etc. thing gone out of hand, since logically they'll only replenish a certain amount of chakra. Realistically when it comes to consuming stuff, it should only help replenish your Physical Energy. Calming yourself down and gathering your thoughts through that or some quick meditation would help replenish your Spiritual Energy.

I would want people to just keep in mind that 20% of their chakra may only amount to 5% of another's chakra, before chakra-type-enhancing multipliers go into effect.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 12:43:55 AM »

For certain group of people, no, it doesn't matter one bit.

For the rest it varies a bit from person to person, but for the most part I find they mainly follow the same overall idea. No matter how stupidly huge you claim your chakra is, you're eventually gonna collapse from either mental or physical exhaustion, if not both.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 01:06:33 AM »

In a similar way to the story, it is a plot device for most people. In the metagame, these massive fights have no limit. In RP, it is a fun tool to tell a story.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 03:53:07 AM »

I don't see it has playing a big role myself. Unless you are aiming yo rp a character that way. For example if I created a genin character and wanted to stay as closer to canon genin  as I could.

Really it doesn't matter at this point though. It has simply became the SL style of fighting. Some don't like it but really I do t see ikt changing.

For me it kinda makes things more fun.

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 06:13:12 AM »

I don't see it has playing a big role myself. Unless you are aiming yo rp a character that way. For example if I created a genin character and wanted to stay as closer to canon genin  as I could.

Really it doesn't matter at this point though. It has simply became the SL style of fighting. Some don't like it but really I do t see ikt changing.

For me it kinda makes things more fun.

In my opinion, this has partially become a metagame. For example as to what I mean by that, the Pokemon metagame involves picking any Pokemon you want, from any game, and having them be lvl100 with a choice moveset, nature, stats, everything.
This is the same, you get to choose your KG, and even make up abilities (like Kenton) to explore every combative option that the universe in which we play will allow. Chakra pretty quickly fell out because it's a fairly considerable "limit" when it comes to the things that I personally throw around at least.
And also, how do you measure some of these techniques? My fight with Ryoji I did this crazy pressure-based move. What's the chakra cost there? Well, it could be argued to cost a ridiculous amount and also almost none at all, and I don't want to go into the details but I could easily argue both.
Buuuut why? Why get into that kind of a debate? I think it subtracts from the challenge of beating Ryoji with intelligence, techniques and plans that matter more than "well u spent 2 much nrg so ur ded lol".

But like you said, if I wanted to play a genin then I would limit myself with what I could do, for plot's or character's sake.

EDIT: By the way, if you want to play the Pokemon metagame, it does exist. I can link it to anyone who wants it I don't think I'm just allowed to link other sites. Maybe I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 09:49:53 PM by Sabumaru »

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 12:40:05 AM »

I know we had talked about this before.... Although, these new Acads that think they can beat a Kage is quite annoying, and that chakra system should be put in place to prevent that.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 01:19:23 AM »

I know we had talked about this before.... Although, these new Acads that think they can beat a Kage is quite annoying, and that chakra system should be put in place to prevent that.

Not sure why giving a new Acad infinite chakra would be a problem anyway. Let them think they can beat the top guys, no reason to ruin their fun by reinforcing that they are scrubs and don't deserve chakra.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 01:26:23 AM »

I kind of agree with Riki, and I kind of agree with Xia. I'm all about character buildings, and I feel that if an academy student starts at the top of the mountain already then they'll probably end up being pretty bored and quit relatively quickly considering they won't have any room to improve...
But, I also understand the annoyance of being underestimated just because of your rank (Even in the military, it happens). It's kind of hard to play along with the big boys (who, for all intents and purposes, are the active ones) if you're as powerful as a fly's fart during a hurricane compared to them. (and people really do write their characters to be super powerful, but then again, I'm not much better in that aspect)

I believe there should be a happy medium, and it should apply when the plot dictates.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2016, 07:59:43 PM »

So yeah, chakra is a choice. Like it says right in the SL rules, you can pwn everyone with the Rasendori, and become the king of zones in a single post. Buuuut who will play with you at that point?

The amount of chakra you have should be dictated by you and only you, to a certain point. Obviously I'm not just going to use infinite chakra to create infinite amounts of water so I can be infinitely more powerful physically, because again that would let me pwn everyone and become the king of zones which is just no fun.

All in favor, do what ever you want I'm not a cop.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 09:04:37 PM »

Like others have said, there are exploits to having basically unlimited chakra.

I’ll use Ryoji as an example.

He is an Uzumaki and an Uchiha, two clans that have notoriously high chakra reserves. At the same time he uses Jiongu which grants the user the chakra pools of each heart he assimilates. Each heart in his collection belonged to a previous tailed beast host while also being of a clan that boasted amazing chakra. Be it Uzumaki, Uchiha, or Otsutsuki.

On top of that he is the host of a tailed beast, albeit the weakest one in terms of chakra levels. Despite this, the special ability of the Zero tails is to create Dark chakra by feeding off negative emotion. Ryoji is linked the the Shinigami who can feed him negative emotion in almost limitless quantities, thus granting him limitless reserves of his Biju’s chakra.

That puts Ryoji’s chakra levels around 6x that of anyone base shinobi at minimum. It’s actually stupid how easy it is to exploit things like this. Needs a nerf, but won’t get one.

It’s just easier to forget about chakra entirely, or wait for the opponent to make a move where they quantify it and take advantage of those numbers.

This is just one of the many flaws of SL, and the Naruto-verse as a whole. Unfortunately there is no effective way to remedy this ailment.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2016, 09:58:28 PM »

Like others have said, there are exploits to having basically unlimited chakra.

I’ll use Ryoji as an example.

He is an Uzumaki and an Uchiha, two clans that have notoriously high chakra reserves. At the same time he uses Jiongu which grants the user the chakra pools of each heart he assimilates. Each heart in his collection belonged to a previous tailed beast host while also being of a clan that boasted amazing chakra. Be it Uzumaki, Uchiha, or Otsutsuki.

On top of that he is the host of a tailed beast, albeit the weakest one in terms of chakra levels. Despite this, the special ability of the Zero tails is to create Dark chakra by feeding off negative emotion. Ryoji is linked the the Shinigami who can feed him negative emotion in almost limitless quantities, thus granting him limitless reserves of his Biju’s chakra.

That puts Ryoji’s chakra levels around 6x that of anyone base shinobi at minimum. It’s actually stupid how easy it is to exploit things like this. Needs a nerf, but won’t get one.

It’s just easier to forget about chakra entirely, or wait for the opponent to make a move where they quantify it and take advantage of those numbers.

This is just one of the many flaws of SL, and the Naruto-verse as a whole. Unfortunately there is no effective way to remedy this ailment.

Friggin' yes this is hilarious because we're definitely just a bunch of weirdos (no offense) who are finding the honestly easily exploitable tricks, the holes in logic, lore, and content before building characters with subsequent abilities. Then, RPing it because we can and other people will still fight us.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2016, 11:48:04 PM »

I thought it was just other LoTGD games we can't link.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 17 queries.