Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Poll

Should "Village Items" be a thing?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Village Items  (Read 6489 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Village Items
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2016, 04:40:18 AM »

Yeah why would I be talking about kiri in these talks about things Kiri is doing. Bizarre.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2016, 04:57:26 AM »

All I know is that I want Kiri to be active. It is a great village and a fun place to rp.

On the other hand Xia, I noticed that the last time you posted RP, not ooc remarks, in Kiri was november of last year. Maybe you could help get your village active again? I certainly would love to help out in that area. I have even brought SHima back to RP to try and do that very thing. But it is no fun rping alone.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2016, 06:26:31 AM »

sorry but you do not get a chance to participate. It was done 3 week ago behind your back and I get to pick my RP partner, you do not. So if I bring Warren with me and you do not show up, too bad.
so now the Nara forest is mine. Nyah Nyah.

anyway, my point is that...I make a village  from the naruto world, right? you can by god guarantee it has all its bits and pieces without me having to list each of those and claim them for all the world to see.

by saying...i have created Sunagakure...you know right away that it has hot chicks and sand all over the place. And so someone else don't get to claim hot chicks and sand keeping us from having them. cause it is part of the total vacation package of the land...the base line of operations, the ground floor, the first pancake, the blue prints, the yeast starter, the big bang, the shizz!

and hey! I resent you implying I am predictable. I was gone for like one week that one time in that one place when i was doing that one thing!!!!

It's a new RP, not the same one that was crafted some time ago. ^_^

I was more implying that you were reliably on rather than "predictable" :P But those exceptions are literally one time in one place at that one thing (was that a sentence I just wrote up?).

Someone answer me this, why does Bocchiere always put Kiri on a lot of replies? What is it with Kiri this? Kiri that? Kiri blah blah blah..... Why is Boccheire so OBSESSED with Kiri? I don't know what has gotten into Boccheire, but I question his judgement and the way he has handled things...

In a less sarcastic fashion I will answer. In the topic of village items, as I mentioned earlier, Kiri is one of the few exceptions of villages that have kept "village items" within the village on a fairly regular basis, except for the exceptions already mentioned by I believe Kayenta.

Needless to be said, this also goes back to the whole activity rule thing for claimed items.

The issue with having claimed village items but not having any active people using them, is that it indefinitely takes them out of RP rotation (can't steal something that is not accesible ya know) and very much rubs certain people the wrong way that detail.

There is only so much a clan/village head can do. If the folks are inactive they're inactive, can't go uncomplicate their RL and chain them to a chair (I dunno about some of you who know each other in RL, that would be some freaky stuff) for the sake of activity.

If you're a potential thief here in SL, you have a few options for stealing what you want. Infiltration, snatch and grab, kill the owner and take it then, or claim to have done so with no opposition to such claim. It makes no RP sense for any of the village items to be completely and utterly inaccesible to a potential thief and be connected to an active player.

"Why not just join the SSM and earn one?"

'cause my character wouldn't exactly be welcome in Kirigakure? (In Bocc's case, Bocchiere definitely would not be welcome come character or player, and neither would Eric in my own case) and unless I make an alt and build it from the ground-up, play my cards right so no one suspects that it's me (and if people are really on the hunt for alts of thieves then I gotta change my RP style to fit the cover) it is literally impossible to "earn" a SSMS. Now, if you have to create an alternate and rebuild it from the ground-up in order to be eligible for SSM, it's at that point that folks start to get a little fiesty, especially since, to my knowledge, no other canon item requires that kind of labor to get at.

Not Edo Tensei, not hiraishin, not three pronged kunai, not Sword of Totsuka, not Kumo (Sage) Treasures, not Yata Mirror, not Gedo Mazou (this one aint exactly in the convenient pile either, but it's primary purpose as the husk of the 10-tails is somewhat null since the beast itself is voided), not chakra blades, not sword of kusanagi (both versions), not senbon launcher, not chakra pills, not Uzumaki Shinigami cut-up mask(s), not scrolls detailing certain forbidden, secret techniques (mouths on hands for clay destruction), not even the curse seal and all its variants.

It being difficult and the swords being used at least infrequently might would make it less of a resonating point to bring home, but the swords really aren't used that often; Xia can't force his swordsmen to utilize the swords, especially since the realm is not at war nor is Kirigakure in any particular danger from a conventional threat (Serean could pay them a visit, and that's anything but conventional).
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 06:27:59 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2016, 07:19:06 PM »

This topic.

I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2016, 11:07:03 AM »

I've sent word to Xia and the current listed SSM about activity/rping and such.

Please lock the topic before it gets out of hand; We'll bring it up again once things have settled. :)

*edited a typo.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 01:27:19 PM by Asadi »
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 19 queries.