Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Gedo Mazo Item or Beast?  (Read 4988 times)

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Gedo Mazo Item or Beast?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 03:21:11 AM »

Well, I think it could be used this way. Of course, this is only what I think, maybe someone else has another idea. I'll use an example.

• Nonja has the Gedo Mazo and the M-Tails.
  • He decides to store the M-Tails inside of the Gedo Mazo.
  • Doing this, he loses the benefits the M-Tails gave him (Mustard jutsu) and gains the benefits that the Gedo Mazo gives him (chakra chains/dragons/etc) as a summon.
  • The Gedo Mazo could be lost through normal RP, but can't be specifically 'challenged' for it in the sense of a bijuu challenge.
  • If Minja decides to challenge Nonja for the M-Tails, the two can agree on whether or not the Gedo Mazo could be used just like they would agree on any specific abilities/jutsu/tools.
  • If the Gedo Mazo is banned from their fight, then they'll just fight as they would normally without it which means that Nonja could use Mustard Jutsu to its fullest ability.

Plus having Chakra=being alive was true in the anime when Naruto used up all his chakra he was warned that he could die if he ran out of it, therefore stating that chakra=alive.
So what happens with things like the Samehada when they don't have any chakra inside of them or get the chakra siphoned out? It doesn't die, it just kind of becomes dormant. Unless you want to use some sort of floppy rotting shark sword as a weapon.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 03:25:19 AM »

It'd still stay a statue/item, cause all that does is give it physical strength and ability to fire off a tenpenchii proportionate to the power stored. Doesn't transform lest you cram all beasts in there. Also as Bec said yes, if there'd be anything challengeable it'd be whatever full official beast was put in there, if that was done as say OOC fight and Nonja lost the M-tails would go to winner, and Nonja's mazo would basically just return to state how it was before putting the M-tails in there.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 03:30:29 AM »

Yes because we currently have rules that state you can challenge for and have to defend anything that is alive. That is clearly what I'm arguing for here. If you have to defend the mazo because it's alive, and totally not because it's heavily related to the bijuu, then everything else that's alive has to be defended too. Hey I challenge you for your mother.

Definitely not just trying to derail any actual discussion on the matter by throwing nonsense at it.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 03:31:25 AM »

There's a lot of conclusion-jumping here.

The Gedo Mazo is and isn't a Tailed Beast. It's the body of the combined form of Kaguya and the Shinju without the Tailed Beast's collective chakra within it. When they're in it, it's the Ten-Tails.

But even though it is a husk of it's former self, it still has chakra of it's own. Even more-so, it's been treated just like a Tailed Beast in the series. When it remained within Obito after the Tailed Beasts were ripped out of him, he is kept alive by it and it's chakra and life force. And when it's not sealed within someone, it's summon-able and control-able.

Currently on SL, we don't treat it like a Tailed Beast. But it's properties shown in the series shows it to act just like one, even down to having a great amount of chakra, strength and gargantuan size. Heck, it's probably the most dangerous one to go against, since it can spit-out insta-kill chakra-absorbing dragons.

It is very clearly alive and a powerful being. Whether it should be treated as an item, claimable summon, all-around common summon for Rinnegan wielders or added to the Tailed Beast list is up to the community.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2016, 03:34:57 AM »

Also, isn't everything after a certain chapter banned anyway? Would the Gedo Mazo fall into that rule? Technically it was shown early on as just a bijuu extractor, but its abilities later on were revealed. So, would that mean that it could only be used as a bijuu extractor?

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 03:35:47 AM »

The way Kage just put it is the way it should go, a poll can be set up for this right? Why not set up one for it let the community decide do we go cannon and make it a tailed beast that can be fought for or just keep it an item that you have to hunt for IC? And if you make it IC hunt only should there be rules like the Bijuu and make it so every seven days or so you have to leave the confines of a village and make yourself attackable once it's found out you have the Gedo or nah?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 03:36:48 AM by Nekomaru »
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why it's called the present.

-Master Oogway

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2016, 03:45:40 AM »

'Powerful being' that has no mind nor soul lest it has chakras from every beast, and can't even  move a pinky finger lest its controlled by somebody with either rod impalement or authentic rinnegan, if not both. Hell, without any bijuu chakras it basically can't do anything whatsoever except punch people, and prolong their lifespan if they're willing to stay constantly hooked to it. Even the dragons take either a crapton of people or borderline lethal amounts of chakra and lifeforce to use.

If everyone and their mom wants to say they've got their own mazo then go ahead, I don't care. It may happen to be a ingredient for juubi, which basically everyone voids, but on its own its just a fancy item more danger to its user than its worth. I'm going to keep mine anyway.

@Bec if memory serves its chap 600 mark from whereon people void stuff. Before that it had shown the ability to punch stuff and extract bijuu...and that's basically it. Transformation to juubi came later.

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2016, 03:49:03 AM »

So why is it that you void ch 600 and on? Even those chapters beyond 600 are still cannon even if you try to void them I don't see why you would tho, can you explain as to why you void it?
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why it's called the present.

-Master Oogway

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2016, 03:50:44 AM »

"Let's collectively ban everything past chapter 600."

Yeah, that worked out well.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2016, 03:51:56 AM »

So why is it that you void ch 600 and on? Even those chapters beyond 600 are still cannon even if you try to void them I don't see why you would tho, can you explain as to why you void it?

I think it was generally agreed upon by the community that all the stuff beyond 600 is just too crazy and wacky in its own tier level regarding power. It is easier to just void it all than try to regulate the craziness that could occur. Though, some people still do things on that level of craziness regarding jutsu and no one bats an eye. That's what I was told when I first got here. It's a silly place. But you give people an inch and they take a mile, so it makes sense in a way.

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2016, 03:55:24 AM »

Then if people still do it then why not just take that void ch600 beyond and say nah fam? I mean idk anymore I was just curious if it was from what I read it's a Beast treated as a beast but also and item, why not just leave it as an IC item but give it the bijuu rules for IC cap? Can that work so we can settle this matter on an easy note?

-Master Oogway

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2016, 03:59:50 AM »

Hey I remember that discussion...seeing as how I made it. We went through (Well Bocc did) but we all agreed on what was banned and left alone. Not everything was automatically banned. Read up.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7997.msg214567.html#msg214567
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2016, 04:08:22 AM »

They basically do say 'nah fam', because outside of Bocchi there's basically nobody who wants to acknowledge much less deal with juubi. So in short it indeed is just an item, and for all intents and purposes is officially going to stay as such too. I'm no king of RP though so if you want then by all means be the host of 20 tails and king of greeland in your personal RPs for all I care, you've every liberty to do so.

If you want to deal with mine however then try learn I have it and come say hi I suppose. However don't start waving around 'challenge' like its a magic word because there's no substantial basis for obligating anybody to defend the stupid thing lest they want to. Rather go bug somebody for their summon or something, those at least won't try kill you for using them.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 04:16:06 AM by Warren »

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2016, 04:15:37 AM »

So after looking through what Madara posted I didn't find anywhere in there that the ten tails can't be summoned into the statue. Unless I missed it, did I miss it Madara or did I just read right? But then it should be allowed to be made since people seem to ignore the rules for Bijuu as it is.

-Master Oogway

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2016, 04:17:04 AM »

You did miss it. Everything juubi related was placed into N/A section as being not even a question if its ok or not, because everyone even Bocchi himself was basically 'lol no screw juubi, won't happen on SL'.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 16 queries.