Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Gedo Mazo Item or Beast?  (Read 4989 times)

Nekomaru

• View Profile
Re: Gedo Mazo Item or Beast?
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2016, 04:20:35 AM »

Ah yup after re-reading I did find that I skipped it my bad, but thats because it goes against some of the rules of SL which are ignored as it is, so if you ignore those rules and enforce these ones then I see no point of any rules?
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why it's called the present.

-Master Oogway

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2016, 04:26:27 AM »

In a sense yes, you don't have to follow a single rule outside of SL's own ones set by Neji. If you do that however you basically lose all backing for any public RP's, leaving whether you're acknowledge or not completely up to the people.

In short, if you deal with them and they say you can't do something, then you can't, and you have nothing to point at to try prove them otherwise. All you'll have is your word >>

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2016, 04:29:20 AM »

I put anything juubi related under void because at the time the juubi was not allowed so it was impossible to get any of them. I don't think anyone has a problem with me just making it in an ooc event with no consequences though.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2016, 04:34:17 AM »

Well I did tell you ages ago that there's absolutely nothing stopping you from declaring yourself the juubi host and having your grand apocalypse battle with whoever would be interested in such. Its OOC so you can do whatever the hell you want.

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2016, 04:36:21 AM »

So why not do it that way or better yet why not just put it that the Juubi that it can be summoned using the Gedo Mazo if the user has a portion of the power from the other nine? Yes that means Warren if he wanted to could summon the Juubi but thats all they did in the Anime as well coulden't get the whole beast so used the power it did get from them to summon it. So in terms of power since it's all nine combined to make it just make it slightly stronger than the nine tails nerf its omega attacks and leave it to that, plus make the gedo mazo only IC with rules like a bijuu IC you have to make a post every seven days stating you left the village, bunker, kamui world and such so that those who hunt for the thing can get it.

Does that sound nice to you guys? I think it does and I'd like to know what you guys think of doing it this way? Yes it breaks a rule but that rule is being broken already just take it out then.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why it's called the present.

-Master Oogway

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2016, 04:50:52 AM »

No x_x nobody wants to deal with the thing, so there is zero reason trying to forcibly cram it in anyway, especially in a weird nerfed form and bucketload of illogical responsibilities. There's only ever been less than five people who've wanted much less tried to find and get the thing anyway, you can't officially make the juubi and the mazo is such a stupidly highly niche item that it functions perfectly well as what it is; an item.

If I ever go inactive for too long or quit, it'll go to someone else. Otherwise you'll have to get it from me IC, without trying to strong-arm it with rules, challenges or whatever, just as you would any other claimed item from someone else like the kiri swords or who knows what.

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2016, 04:54:59 AM »

So why not do it that way or better yet why not just put it that the Juubi that it can be summoned using the Gedo Mazo if the user has a portion of the power from the other nine? Yes that means Warren if he wanted to could summon the Juubi but thats all they did in the Anime as well coulden't get the whole beast so used the power it did get from them to summon it. So in terms of power since it's all nine combined to make it just make it slightly stronger than the nine tails nerf its omega attacks and leave it to that, plus make the gedo mazo only IC with rules like a bijuu IC you have to make a post every seven days stating you left the village, bunker, kamui world and such so that those who hunt for the thing can get it.

Does that sound nice to you guys? I think it does and I'd like to know what you guys think of doing it this way? Yes it breaks a rule but that rule is being broken already just take it out then.

I'm not trying to strong arm you Warren I'm just trying to figure out if it was an item or beast since I was looking into acquiring it, and I wanted to know but now that it's coming to this big argument I'm trying to solve it. Now what does everyone else think of what I said before since it can work it will just take some work. I'll help with nerfing since I'm proposing it.

-Master Oogway

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2016, 05:16:23 AM »

...that ~is~ strong-arming though, because you're trying to force it into a defense obligated thing anyway, despite having been already told its treated on SL as just a claimed item, regardless of what its canon nature is. You can't make the juubi with it, and the mazo itself is a largely useless statue, so there is no basis for trying to make up all sorts of loopholes for acquiring it that make no sense IC.

And if you still want it so bad despite all that, then come try get it from me IC like you would any other claimed item. Don't beg to have it held out to you for no reason, you're supposed to be a ninja for gods sake.

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2016, 05:22:07 AM »

Now what I'm doing is not trying to get it handed to me, I was trying to figure out what it was exactly and now that your blowing it up like this I'm just trying to calmly get this situation back to calm. I'm not the only one who wants it and neither is  Bocc, and obviously it's not just some usless statue so yea. Now then what do the other guys think of the vote thing, since Warren has posted what he thinks what does the other guys think?

-Master Oogway

Suishou Koji

• Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2016, 07:06:14 AM »

The Gedo Mazo is an item. It has been explained in the canon that it is an empty husk, meant to revive the ten tails. But if I recall there are other things that go into that revival, not just using the Gedo Mazo to do so.

The Ten Tails in SL has to be taken in OOC otherwise the community of SL would have to start anew. The sheer power in that blasted thing would take out most of the population of shinobi.

You can nerf it all you want, but you have to consider that it has to be stronger than all of the tailed beasts because it is all ten of them into one.

Obviously Bocchi and Warren know these things already otherwise they would not have purposed that to be in OOC.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2016, 07:52:58 AM »

Alright I get that now I wasne't really thinking to much on the IC destruction when I thought about it at first but now that I have I see OOC would be the only way to do it.

-Master Oogway
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 16 queries.