Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Gedo Mazo Item or Beast?  (Read 4987 times)

Nekomaru

• View Profile
Gedo Mazo Item or Beast?
« on: June 01, 2016, 12:19:56 AM »

Okay so the Gedo Mazo has it's own chakra granted it needs another person to activate it from what I've read I might have been mis reading tho. But it basically states anything with Chakra is a living being since when you run out of chakra your basically dead or going to be dead if you don't stop using it all up. So does that mean the Gedo Mazo is sorta like the zero tails then? A tailless beast and there fore should fall under the challenge for OOC one v one. Or am I just over thinking this to much and therefore I'm wrong? Or can you just you know be like bam here is the papers that "husk" is still alive since it's not really a husk it's body since it was used as the body for the ten tails so yea the gedo should be something you can either hunt for ic or challenge for ooc style just like a tailed beast.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why it's called the present.

-Master Oogway

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Gedo Mazo Item or Beast?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 12:43:51 AM »

Its got no chakra on its own lest some is put inside of it, otherwise all it has is lifeforce from a bazillion zetsus. Its the empty husk of shinju which is basically a plant anyway so the usual circumstances of 'death' don't really apply to it either. Furthermore it has no sentience on its own, grants no powers to its owner as a beast would, and not only does almost nobody acknowledge the existence of juubi but it was basically universally voted to be just an item a long while ago anyway.

Plus well, combining the beasts into juubi would break the no form alteration rule 9 times over, so it'd never be treated as something that 'officially' exists.

So yah, its just an item.

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 12:48:12 AM »

Ah okay, I was just thinking since from what I've read on it, it does have it's own chakra. But to use it you have to put more chakra into the thing before it can be used therefore wouldn't it still be a "living" being still tho. Or are alot of sites just wrong now?
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why it's called the present.

-Master Oogway

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 12:58:54 AM »

It does have chakra of its own. Madara put himself on life support by hooking himself up to it.

And since when do you care about rules Warren? One I don't think the alteration part is in the rules anymore anyway, two, you don't follow that rule either. You have portions of the bijuu's chakra sealed in you and it's against the rule to divide their power. And three, it used to say no changing from a known canon form, and that wording was intentional, because at the time we didn't know how the 10 tails was made, so it was left open so it could be patched in later if we decided to.

You are literally just ignoring and enforcing a rule simultaneously as it suits your ends.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 01:13:52 AM »

It depends a bit on ones interpritation, I butcher that word every time, but chakra or not in general its as its name says; just a nasty statue. Not gonna do jack shit unless you put power in, basically just a mindless empty chakra container with a few tricks, you could cleave it in two and it wouldn't even twitch.

And so? Of course I know I broke it, "officially" my "chibijuus" don't exist so its up to the individual whether to acknowledge them or not. As for the rest, thats real rich coming from you lol, not only has it been established as just a non challengeable item but the idea of juubi been voted down almost unanimously as something not wanted either too, both on multiple occasions.

You are literally just blowing hot air and trying to enforce things which aren't there and never will be, because of your obsession with the thing.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 01:30:38 AM by Warren »

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 01:30:48 AM »

But what Bocchiere is saying would be right tho? It has its own chakra of sorts yes it needs someone elses chakra to pull it out but still its own so that makes it a living being. What I've read it basically acts as shell like a metapod from pokemon it's only a shell but still alive so therefore it should be like the Bijuu something to challenge for.

-Master Oogway

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 01:33:16 AM »

Hot, correct, well-informed air, yeah.

It's not literally a statue.

It has been in the past but we didn't know about it then what we do now. In fact you and Kay aggressively shut down my attempts to discuss this during the bijuu rules discussions, I can find the topics if you want.

It would certainly make a lot more sense to remove the zero tails and replace it the the mazo as a bijuu.

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 01:42:53 AM »

I second this notion even tho my vote doesn't matter T.T

-Master Oogway

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 01:43:42 AM »

By that logic basically every single special item would be alive too and challengeable...which not to be an ass but that would be kinda stupid. That's why items and the like are governed only by the claimed lists activity clause.

And considering mazo's literally just a mindless statue made of hardened plant goop or whatever one wishes to call it, its just one of those items too. Even bocchis mazo rip off jashin statue thing is more alive than the mazo itself.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 01:50:32 AM »

By that logic basically every single special item would be alive too and challengeable...which not to be an ass but that would be kinda stupid. That's why items and the like are governed only by the claimed lists activity clause.

And considering mazo's literally just a mindless statue made of hardened plant goop or whatever one wishes to call it, its just one of those items too. Even bocchis mazo rip off jashin statue thing is more alive than the mazo itself.

What even? How does that make any sense? I'm saying it should be challengeable because it's basically a bijuu not just that it's alive, and I don't see how anything is making every special item alive.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 01:54:09 AM by Bocchiere »

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 01:56:05 AM »

But the Gedo Mazo isn't an item persay it's a shell with chakra so still a living thing and not even a shell it's the body of the ten tails so even tho it's a statue looking thing with chakra it's still considered alive since the ten tails was split up not killed and made nine other bijuu causing the body to become like it is at the moment so still a body still alive with it's own chakra inside sooooo I'm thinking still alive and should take the place of zero tails or at least share with it since it can be summoned to attack like a summons.

-Master Oogway

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 01:59:16 AM »

I have various replies I was going to post, but I'll take 'em one step at a time...

Warren why are you keeping the Mazo? I already have a pretty solid answer in my head, but I may be wrong.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 02:13:45 AM »

By Neko's logic anything that has its own chakra is alive, which is something that many items and every summon at that do. While on one hand that'd turn every single such thing challengeable, on the other it also proves its no more alive than those other things. Hell, its actually less, since it has no mind nor soul either really, while many other things are fully living with complete personalities and such even.

Its no beast, its an empty husk, a statue. The "beast" is all the 9 bijuu combined. Hell you don't even need the mazo to combine them if you pull a sasuke with susanoo, so in that sense the jashin mazo rip off could work just the same.

@shadow I'm keeping it cause I've done lengthy plotlines involving zetsu and have more in mind, not to mention various al-kahtar related things. Possibly evil plans related to the events I've been doing as well, but I'm not decided yet.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 02:49:20 AM »

This place is pretty contradictory. :( For one, it looks like people are saying that having chakra=being alive. That should mean that once something is out of chakra, it is no longer alive. But, several members came to the conclusion that chakra doesn't really matter in the first place. Meaning that everyone has infinite chakra unless the plot determines that you don't, so there's shouldn't be a case where something runs out of chakra. By that logic, the Gedo Mazo could be powered by a single squirrel or generic farmer.
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8891.0.html

On the other hand, the wiki states the following.
Madara believed that the Demonic Statue and Hashirama's DNA produced artificial humans, when in actuality Black Zetsu was removing them from within the Demonic Statue, where they had been stored for centuries.
So technically, even when Madara was using it as life support, he was still using the contents of the statue. (think of the Gedo as a vase and the zetsus as the water/plants that fill it).
But then there's this quote,
The Demonic Statue emanates a tremendous life force, enabling a jinchūriki of the Ten-Tails to survive the extraction of all nine tailed beasts as long as the statue remains inside them, though they will still be greatly weakened and rendered paralysed for several months.
that basically states the thing is living. But, at that point, it already had the power of several tailed beasts inside of it that could have been keeping it alive.

Personally, I think it should be an item because unless you have some kind of battery for it, it's just a fancy item. If you want to give it the same rules as a beast just because it has chakra, you'd have to do the same for countless items on the wiki because there are several sentient weapons/items that have their own chakra. And for anything that can absorb chakra, as soon as it has some chakra inside of it then it would also fall under that classification.

It's all just tricky business and word manipulation, like we're lawyers trying to win a case by finding every single loophole that might have appeared thanks to a missing word or letter.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 03:12:33 AM »

Hmm well Bec with you stating it like that it sounds rather right, but still if Warren were to get his hands on another Bijuu and since the Gedo is a container of sorts as it seems to be now you can store the Bijuu in there giving it power and "lifeforce" therefore having it being alive then what would you clasify it as? Just an Item that can move and kill anything and everything on it's own or a beast?

Plus having Chakra=being alive was true in the anime when Naruto used up all his chakra he was warned that he could die if he ran out of it, therefore stating that chakra=alive.

-Master Oogway
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 16 queries.