Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: So is everyone ok with never resolving the Kiri Sword Situation?  (Read 11190 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: So is everyone ok with never resolving the Kiri Sword Situation?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2016, 07:33:04 AM »

has lost my politeness once again.

sign me up Mioku!

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2016, 07:41:53 AM »

Slander, by definition, has to be untrue and nothing I've said is untrue.

So as we've said, we are now just waiting for Kiri to provide the evidence or not.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2016, 11:07:47 AM »

The reassignment of claimed items needs to be handled differently. I RP'd with Evoth him getting a scroll and yes...he is inactive now...but Shadow just claimed it so no one else would...and had i not happen to go looking at the list, I would still think that it was with Evoth and that messes up my RP.

Yeah we talked about that and I said I would gladly do an rp to work out any rp you had going with Evoth. He hasn't been logged in 108 days. That's shy of almost 1/3 of a year of not being on. You said no it's fine. If it's fine why bring it up again? Just to try and label me as a bad guy?

I usually am not around the forums too much and maybe I should be since a lot of these issues are caused by miscommunication or the lack of..

You're telling me. We've voiced our concerns via these topics and each time you guys come here. Spit some words and then leave without giving us anything other than 'Oh yeah we'll get to that'
The miscommunication isn't on our end, it's on yours. We've had no update, nothing. And now that we're asking for an update it's come full circle with the same lines as last time.

Can we get a straight answer?

Nothing like this claims list is stupid or you guys(Us) are terrible people or anything that constitutes as debate. Yes or no? Have you guys done anything regarding the swords that have been talked about in these topics?
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2016, 02:58:05 PM »

who is that rep anyway?

That would be this guy. Since I am no longer on deployment I decided to start the clean up of this mess...

I send a prayer for your soul. "Mess" is one way of putting it for sure.

... I want the wiki changed to reflect this, that Kiba and Hiramekarie no longer belong to them. Obviously Kiri will still claim whatever they want but i want an actual decision made on the issue...

Okay, so the last time you wanted something similar to this, the changes were made, Englishmen became Americans, and the wikia's very legitimacy regarding claims came into question. This time, you're asking for a decision of some sort to be made in a fairly public setting before presumably changing it again in order to keep another Revolution from setting Fort Sumter on fire...

Gotcha.

I think it is safe to say that most of the lines are going to be drawn along the same cracks as last time. To my knowledge, the narutoprofile wikia mods are the ones with the power to enforce a claims change on there without an edit war, so ultimately your best bet for closure is going to be through them. Public opinion, naturally, can be persuasive when other avenues are not.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2016, 03:41:18 PM »

No it isn't literally that simple.

And I would be insulted to have to prove to you or anyone that I wasn't being a big fat liar with you. This isn't Isaribi we are talking about but Gitsune.
If she tells me she was suing the stupid swords then I know it is fact and I don't have to see the rps.

"The deepest sin against the human mind is to believe things without evidence." - Aldous Huxley

I don't see what's so hard about providing the evidence and keeping them, or admitting that there is none and giving them up. I mean, I don't personally care about who has the swords, but I do care about people being able to back up their claims. The way Kiri has handled this situation so far has been pretty shameful.

GooshGoosh

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2016, 07:29:19 PM »

Having just recently joined SL and discovering just how things are handled here, I find it asinine to sit on the weapons without them even being used in RP. That essentially bars anyone from ever getting a hold of them for their own stories. Though it's not just Kirigakure that does it from what I am seeing. Literally every person who has a reputable cannon tool will throw the entire kitchen sink at you if it means keeping their precious little claims, even when they are not important to their overall character. This is a flaw of SL that needs to be addressed.

To those who say "You need to RP something for once" obviously need to rethink their lives, because apparently that almost never works. Having discussed with several people, whenever it comes to plundering a Village/Shinobi for their goods, the RP will more than likely be voided before any headway can be made in actually getting the desired items. So what's the point of even trying to RP in the first place? Why waste potentially months only to be met with vicious arguments after 2 rounds of posts? It's actually stupid. It's substantially easier to dedicate - what like a couple weeks? - to stripping them of those items so other people can actually get the chance to distinguish their character and move on with their lives.

Then there is the "Custom tool" argument that was made earlier. While it sounds good on paper, it's a fairly naive sentiment. With how the show progressed the power scaling became absolutely ridiculous, so naturally people are going to want items/tools that rival those powers so they can be relevant. The problem with that is, making special abilities like that draws a fine line between god mod and acceptable. It's incredibly easy to make something that is broken without even thinking about it, which in of itself can lead to their own set of arguments and voids. It's just easier to say "Oh I have Samehada, it's in the canon so it's just accepted."

I'm on Bocc/Shadow/Vail's side on this; Provide some modicum of evidence that the tools were used during the time the original strip was enacted and the topic will be dropped. If no evidence can be provided, then the tools will be given to those who are attempting to claim them.         
"This is the way the world ends, not with a whimper but with a bang..."
― T.S. Eliot

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2016, 10:29:50 PM »

Mioku and Bocc seem to have have this, so I say lock until the 14 days are up. Then unlock and post the findings.

Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2016, 11:20:11 PM »

Mioku and Bocc seem to have have this, so I say lock until the 14 days are up. Then unlock and post the findings.

Fair enough. If anyone has anything they feel the need to add to this topic merely message me and I will unlock it.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2016, 03:43:34 PM »

Mioku has told me he has all he is going to get, so let's all wait with bated breath to see what he has.

GooshGoosh

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2016, 07:52:16 PM »

― T.S. Eliot

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2016, 02:34:48 AM »

Having just recently joined SL and discovering just how things are handled here, I find it asinine to sit on the weapons without them even being used in RP. That essentially bars anyone from ever getting a hold of them for their own stories. Though it's not just Kirigakure that does it from what I am seeing. Literally every person who has a reputable cannon tool will throw the entire kitchen sink at you if it means keeping their precious little claims, even when they are not important to their overall character. This is a flaw of SL that needs to be addressed.

To those who say "You need to RP something for once" obviously need to rethink their lives, because apparently that almost never works. Having discussed with several people, whenever it comes to plundering a Village/Shinobi for their goods, the RP will more than likely be voided before any headway can be made in actually getting the desired items. So what's the point of even trying to RP in the first place? Why waste potentially months only to be met with vicious arguments after 2 rounds of posts? It's actually stupid. It's substantially easier to dedicate - what like a couple weeks? - to stripping them of those items so other people can actually get the chance to distinguish their character and move on with their lives.

Then there is the "Custom tool" argument that was made earlier. While it sounds good on paper, it's a fairly naive sentiment. With how the show progressed the power scaling became absolutely ridiculous, so naturally people are going to want items/tools that rival those powers so they can be relevant. The problem with that is, making special abilities like that draws a fine line between god mod and acceptable. It's incredibly easy to make something that is broken without even thinking about it, which in of itself can lead to their own set of arguments and voids. It's just easier to say "Oh I have Samehada, it's in the canon so it's just accepted."

I'm on Bocc/Shadow/Vail's side on this; Provide some modicum of evidence that the tools were used during the time the original strip was enacted and the topic will be dropped. If no evidence can be provided, then the tools will be given to those who are attempting to claim them.       

You, I like you.

I'm also just posting to show I'm interested in all this.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2016, 02:52:26 AM »

We shall see. I am wondering what screen shots he has because he made it seem like if he got any they'd be from the SSM forum. Which is an entirely different website where they do their SSM tests and such and I can't help but wonder if that should count or not.

GooshGoosh

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2016, 04:20:41 AM »

We shall see. I am wondering what screen shots he has because he made it seem like if he got any they'd be from the SSM forum. Which is an entirely different website where they do their SSM tests and such and I can't help but wonder if that should count or not.

It shouldn't. They might as well say, "Oh I was playing Ninja Storm 4 and used Kisame, so I get to keep Samehada despite never using it on SL. I mean, I was using it in spirit!" If their special snowflake forum is not here, or SL, then it does not count. 
― T.S. Eliot

Mioku

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2016, 08:34:15 AM »

So this is everything I could gather by messaging the people active/around around that time. If you guys think it's enough.. Cool, I'll talk to everyone and make sure nothing like this happens again to keep everyone happy.. If it's not enough well then.. It is what it is. I'll be happy it's all over.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/MadM/SSM%201.png

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/MadM/SSM%202.png

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/MadM/SSM%204.png

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/MadM/SSM%203_1.png

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2016, 09:14:34 AM »

Well if Kiri's word was worth anything to me I wouldn't have made this topic, I don't know about anyone else. Like we couldn't even get a screen shot? Just a pm from Gitsune that for all we know she wrote on the spot?

None of this proves anything, I say strip both swords.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 17 queries.