Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: So is everyone ok with never resolving the Kiri Sword Situation?  (Read 11192 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: So is everyone ok with never resolving the Kiri Sword Situation?
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2016, 05:24:30 PM »

We shall see. I am wondering what screen shots he has because he made it seem like if he got any they'd be from the SSM forum. Which is an entirely different website where they do their SSM tests and such and I can't help but wonder if that should count or not.

Nope. I have an account on that website and there hasn't been any recent posts since....last year. It's been a long time.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2016, 05:42:23 PM »

Well alright then.

We might as well wait the last two days to see if they can find any substantial evidence and once that is done we'll look over everything

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2016, 05:04:11 AM »

Well if Kiri's word was worth anything to me I wouldn't have made this topic, I don't know about anyone else. Like we couldn't even get a screen shot? Just a pm from Gitsune that for all we know she wrote on the spot?

None of this proves anything, I say strip both swords.

Why is it necessary to have a screenshot, may I ask? Now I don't know for the rest of you folks, but I for one do not screenshot rp. From my own experience, I have pieces my rp saved on a Word doc because I know that the rp will eventually disappear by either a flood of rp on the public board or a dwelling I was using being deleted.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On my end, their forum's last post was for an application on March 2016. Also from what I've been told, Gitsune is pushing for activity among the Seven Swordsmen so maybe that's why you've seen herself, Hachiman, and Tai participating in the event on the public board.

On a whole and my opinion in this matter (because I feel it's necessary since I haven't commented much on this before) I support Gitsune's word/side and I don't believe we shouldn't discredit her. She's active, she's been with the site for years, and she hasn't shown any reason for me to strike her with hate. 

Again, the last bit was my opinion. Thought it best to say how I feel in this.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 05:14:38 AM by Suishou Koji »
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2016, 05:26:16 AM »

Question: how is having SSM tests done on the SSM web site any different than Having bijuu matches on the forum?

You know back when the RP was still in the zones where Gitsune was being active with the swords...and that was told here on the forum...that evidence was shouted down cause it wasn't in the hands of other SSM members.

now that it no longer exists it is suddenly what you will accept and the proof you need to drop this mess?

it really is contradictory and kind of annoying.

Yomi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Agony's Embrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2016, 05:28:32 AM »

Why is it necessary to have a screenshot, may I ask? Now I don't know for the rest of you folks, but I for one do not screenshot rp. From my own experience, I have pieces my rp saved on a Word doc because I know that the rp will eventually disappear by either a flood of rp on the public board or a dwelling I was using being deleted.
This.

I do the same word doc/notepad thing. Sometimes, if I can, I try to update my character's wikia page to reflect the said training/rp. I don't screenshot everything I do on-site.

I'm a straight up villain.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2016, 01:29:31 PM »

Personally I don't care if you do the SSM stuff on the SSM site. It's all stored there and archived easily. You've held most of the tests for SSM there for years. If any rp other than the applications and stuff happen on there, I'm not down with it, but that's never been done so not an issue. As for Yomi I have a higher tier of respect for her. Not in comparison to anyone. But she takes care of the Wiki and will update things if you ask her. She's a very generous person.

Now about the screenshot thing. We've all said that we don't screenshot SL rp. I'm pretty sure I only have a max of 10 screenshots of SL and that's when I broke the exp bar with Shadow years ago and popped a balloon that gave me 50 def or something. None of any rp I've done. Nearly all of my rp has been done with others in public.

The whole reason for a screenshot now is to prove if said things really happened. It really isn't hard to copy the sl format and say 'this was 10 months ago!'

The whole Kiri thing started way back in 2014 when their scroll was voted publicly to be edited. Never happened. Then it was re-sparked earlier this year around March when the inactivity thing for claimed items was brought into play. Which was voted on more than once by various people to be official. There's like 3 topics that were made.

The site now keeps posts and PMs all the way to around 6 months back. That's half a year and there's no proof of any rp still left? That means you can look all the way back to February/March on sl.

From what I saw of Mioku's screenshots. (Please never make me go to PB ever again. Site takes literally more than 10 seconds to load. Feel my pain! ;-;)

The first screenshot shows a post from 11/02 at 10 A.M. Which is month/day/time in the timestamps option. So that was in November and then the next one was in December.

I made the inactivity rule for the canon items for a reason. I've said several times that rp posting just to keep an item from being claimed was a no-no.

If Kiba was given to someone before I claimed it then sure go right ahead, but it didn't play out like that. There were 4 swords without an owner and the two that were claimed by people not in Kiri suddenly got given to Kiri members. Funny how that works out.

I just woke up so I'mma keep it at that for now.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2016, 04:19:49 PM »

Well then you all operate differently. Likely as you've never had to prove that things have happened and such. I take a screen shot of anythig people might question. I've had some fights where I have Desare set up his mind switch puppet curse beforehand. Obviously anyone who  actually triggers that is going to complain and say I cheated, so I show them the screenshot (switch the time to date and time not relative time). It's pretty easy to do.

and whether we like/dislike or trust/distrust Gitsune or anyone else involved is irrelevant. I set this up so we would not get into a personal fight merely show is evidence or do not.

They now have some, with the caveat being there is nothing proving its legitimacy. Now I've never actually been to a trial but I have beaten every Phoenix Wright video game so that has to be worth something, and I think that is some bad evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2016, 06:12:40 PM »

So this is everything I could gather by messaging the people active/around around that time. If you guys think it's enough.. Cool, I'll talk to everyone and make sure nothing like this happens again to keep everyone happy.. If it's not enough well then.. It is what it is. I'll be happy it's all over.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/MadM/SSM%201.png

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/MadM/SSM%202.png

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/MadM/SSM%204.png

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/MadM/SSM%203_1.png

This is the evidence being presented right? It's authenticity aside for a moment, what do they actually show that changes the intended outcome? To my understanding the RP's were done quite some time ago (12/19 had to have at least been 2015) and while it shows that the swords have been trained with within the past calender year, I am pretty sure the activity rule has a window smaller than that.

The issue first cropped up awhile ago, but have the swords in question been in consistent use since that time? What about the last month or two? I don't have the answer to those to questions but I'm sure someone here does.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2016, 07:06:49 PM »

I was basing the 90 day window off of the day Xia first made his topic on the wiki which was back in March of this year. The November dates do not fall in the 90 period but the December ones do, barely.

Mioku

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2016, 07:22:06 PM »

From what I saw of Mioku's screenshots. (Please never make me go to PB ever again. Site takes literally more than 10 seconds to load. Feel my pain! ;-;)

Yeah it's been a long time since I've been on the forum here and for me it was the best way to get the screenshots here. >.>

Also, yeah I didn't use any SSM forum things since mainly it's for tests and records/tracking purposes. (Records and tracking similar to using the wiki) But I respected the fact that it wasn't allowed to be used/won't be accepted/whatever in this, personal thoughts aside or whether it had anything or not.

I have to start getting ready for work so I'll have to look through everything and respond accordingly after that, I'm trying to follow along best I can.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2016, 07:48:31 PM »

So since no new evidence was presented I don't think there is anything else to discuss. Does anyone have any logical argument for why Kiri's evidence, which is really just hearsay, is acceptable before we finish this? By logical I mean things other than I like/trust Gitsune, I like being contrarion to Bocchiere, etc etc. my feelings on the matter at hand are no secret but I'm being completely unbiased on my reasoning here, even if I loved Kiri their evidence wouldn't be any better than hearsay.

GooshGoosh

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2016, 05:00:39 AM »

In a completely unbiased outlook, I can't even really see a "devils advocate" way of looking at this. Even if the evidence wasn't hearsay as bocc says, or easily doctored as most PM messages could be, the dates presented in the messages place their usage of the tools at almost a year ago. (At least how I am seeing it.)

Obviously this far exceeds the 90 day limit by a huge margin and no new evidence was presented when our concern for the messages validity arose. Unless someone can burst into this case with groundbreaking evidence, I don't see much that can be argued.
"This is the way the world ends, not with a whimper but with a bang..."
― T.S. Eliot

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2016, 05:54:43 AM »

Not really sure if my comment will really matter, but I have been keeping updated myself on these things by simply reading the happenings, from times back with past Kiri things as well, but I will say that based on the rules set, and the evidence provided, which is by all legal terms hearsay, then the swords in question should have no owner. Unless new evidence is brought forth on a platform in which everyone can see nothing was doctored in anyway and shows the swords in use then it should be that these swords are in a limbo of sorts and can be fought over or however people wish to compete for the swords.
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2016, 10:58:15 PM »

time limit?

way back whenever the heck it was, I went and read the rp in the zones where she had actively been using them. the objections were made then that individuals were not using them and her activity was poo poo'd away. And it was even said by her accusers that the only reason she used then at all was because she saw a time limit coming up and had to wave them around once or twice to keep them from being grabbed up on the claims list. It was argued that, that kind of activity was not fair because it was not doing anything to promote activity or progressing rp and so on and so forth.

now the demand to prove this really happened seems to be the sticking point. And that seriously annoys me.

She was using them. she said it, i saw it...that was not good enough. Now it is being put forth as the pivotal point that will keep the swords from being stolen and that rock hard proof is demanded, now that it no longer exists. When the evidence was NOT HEARSAY and could be pointed to by everyone with eyes to see!

I am not against this cause it is the hate on bocc week or anything like oh my best friend is being raked over the coals so i gotta be all biased and put a stop to it. I think it is safe to say that my axe to grind against events in kiri is as big as anyone's. and I have raged about that on numerous occasions so no need to birth them again when I am finally past all that. i am against this because the accusation of inactivity is false.

since then...since the initial theft was made, during a time when the inactivity time frame for claimed items had not been exceeded...this battle of wills over them has been going on for how long?

the long and the short of it is that being forced to provide proof and saying it could have been edited is really just too insulting for me to be silent.

get a reality hold on yourselves for crying out loud. why do we have to abuse her and assume she could be lying and making edits to falsify proof that wasn't accepted the first time the issue was brought up anyway?

seriously...is her word not good enough? is my word not good enough? since when would either one of us bother to lie about this sort of thing? I seriously do not understand why it became acceptable to behave this way over a game and when we had to start screen shotting our every waking move in order to be legit.

Oh yes, I know that tempers have risen, that issue were great and large and more than frustrating...
but that was ...

everyone's fault

and you know what? The biggest criminals in that department who set the standard of shoving the shaft up everyone's rear end either don't even belong to SL anymore or bother to actively rp!

well he did this to me, and she did that to him, and the both of them got their six cousins to stand around and do it to each other, but that was not until he went and started the whole thing by acting like she didn't do that one thing, when everyone i know stepped up and said she sure the heck did.
>.< seriously, is this third grade or what?

there are none here free of that sin. But enough is enough.

just stop it already.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 11:14:43 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

GooshGoosh

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2016, 12:29:27 AM »

time limit?

way back whenever the heck it was, I went and read the rp in the zones where she had actively been using them. the objections were made then that individuals were not using them and her activity was poo poo'd away. And it was even said by her accusers that the only reason she used then at all was because she saw a time limit coming up and had to wave them around once or twice to keep them from being grabbed up on the claims list. It was argued that, that kind of activity was not fair because it was not doing anything to promote activity or progressing rp and so on and so forth.

now the demand to prove this really happened seems to be the sticking point. And that seriously annoys me.

She was using them. she said it, i saw it...that was not good enough. Now it is being put forth as the pivotal point that will keep the swords from being stolen and that rock hard proof is demanded, now that it no longer exists. When the evidence was NOT HEARSAY and could be pointed to by everyone with eyes to see!

I am not against this cause it is the hate on bocc week or anything like oh my best friend is being raked over the coals so i gotta be all biased and put a stop to it. I think it is safe to say that my axe to grind against events in kiri is as big as anyone's. and I have raged about that on numerous occasions so no need to birth them again when I am finally past all that. i am against this because the accusation of inactivity is false.

since then...since the initial theft was made, during a time when the inactivity time frame for claimed items had not been exceeded...this battle of wills over them has been going on for how long?

the long and the short of it is that being forced to provide proof and saying it could have been edited is really just too insulting for me to be silent.

get a reality hold on yourselves for crying out loud. why do we have to abuse her and assume she could be lying and making edits to falsify proof that wasn't accepted the first time the issue was brought up anyway?

seriously...is her word not good enough? is my word not good enough? since when would either one of us bother to lie about this sort of thing? I seriously do not understand why it became acceptable to behave this way over a game and when we had to start screen shotting our every waking move in order to be legit.

Oh yes, I know that tempers have risen, that issue were great and large and more than frustrating...
but that was ...

everyone's fault

and you know what? The biggest criminals in that department who set the standard of shoving the shaft up everyone's rear end either don't even belong to SL anymore or bother to actively rp!

well he did this to me, and she did that to him, and the both of them got their six cousins to stand around and do it to each other, but that was not until he went and started the whole thing by acting like she didn't do that one thing, when everyone i know stepped up and said she sure the heck did.
>.< seriously, is this third grade or what?

there are none here free of that sin. But enough is enough.

just stop it already.

TL;DR - You guys are a bunch of meanies and we should just take everyone's word at face value no matter their muddy past!

Thanks for the uhh, contribution, but no thanks. 
"This is the way the world ends, not with a whimper but with a bang..."
― T.S. Eliot
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.