Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Is the chakra pathway system physically present?  (Read 10304 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Is the chakra pathway system physically present?
« on: August 04, 2016, 12:11:07 AM »

What I mean by that is, if you dissect someone, could you pull it out and hold it in your hand? Like you could with the vascular system.

I've always thought that the system itself is energy based and isn't  physically there. my thought is that since people did not always have chakra did they spontaneously grow a vascular-esque system when hagoromo gifted it to everyone? I would think it not being a physical structure makes more sense

Teostra

• View Profile
Re: Is the chakra pathway system physically present?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 12:57:13 AM »

I think in the beginning of the series, it was a physical thing considering there was a whole chakra pathway system and the byakugan was the strongest eye jutsu because it allowed you to see and shut off this system...But then as ninja got thrown to the side in favor of wizards as time went on, I think it just kind of became this energy that just exists within you. >_>

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 12:58:52 AM »

I think in the beginning of the series, it was a physical thing considering there was a whole chakra pathway system and the byakugan was the strongest eye jutsu because it allowed you to see and shut off this system...But then as ninja got thrown to the side in favor of wizards as time went on, I think it just kind of became this energy that just exists within you. >_>

The only thing able to see and or interact with it seems to be chakra though. Which again makes me think it does not physically exist.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 01:09:05 AM »

Since this is basically the facts here,
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Chakra
Produced within the "chakra coils" that mainly surround and connect to each chakra-producing organ, the energy circulates throughout the body in a network called the "Chakra Pathway System", which is similar to the cardiovascular system. Certain groups, such as shinobi, have learned to generate more chakra and release it outside their bodies through pressure points called tenketsu in order to perform jutsu. Chakra is not normally visible to the human eye, though it can be seen in situations where a person releases as much of their chakra as possible.

Like I said, it probably started like a physical thing but then Kishi just forgot about it.

Early Naruto had this whole thing in it, but don't really think it was there later on.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 01:58:11 AM »

Chakras Pathway System = Cardiovascular System

Teostra pretty much explained the gist of it. Kishi like many other mangaka will forget minuscule details from time to time. Akira Toriyama is the same way, as the mangaka from HunterxHunter.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 02:26:21 AM »

It says like the cardiovascular system not that it is.

And nothing Teostra citied would be wrong if the system was ethereal, which honestly makes much more sense.

How does Yoroi's absoprtion work if it is physical? He touches you and chakra just teleports out of your "veins" and into his? Imagine someone claiming to be a vampire who just touches you and your blood just appears in his stomach.

I mean we know that it's a fact people have a soul in naruto. Their soul is very much attached to them, but there isn't a soul organ, or anything physical doing that.

How would Kaguya work? It says you can't repair damage to the chakra system so if they shredded themselves apart they'd destroy their chakra system, unless we want to just assume they can regenerate damage to their chakra system, which is baseless. Naruto also has regeneration and his rasenshuriken damaged his own chakra system, if it was physical why would the damage not eventually regenerate? It's not like Tsunade didn't know he was the 9 tails jinchuriki when she told him that.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 02:48:22 AM »

It'sMagicMeme.jpg

Seriously though, there's lots of stuff that that doesn't make sense. Like how mixing Earth, Wind, & Fire destroys matter instead of making smooth R&B for your soul. Or how a ninja can increase their body size to be like a mountain.

I like to imagine the body like a giant doughnut and chakra like jello pudding that fills it. So when someone is absorbing it, it's like Bill Cosby taking a straw and taking all of your jello pudding out. It doesn't need to make sense because the source material is a Manga about the descendants of a moon wizard fighting over giant monsters made from his jello pudding. Also, spandex and eyebrows.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 03:01:46 AM »

That's fair, it has come up in fights for me though.

Someone had a poison, entirely natural not chakra based poison (so I couldn't absorb it) and claimed if I swallowed it that it would somehow seep into and destroy my chakra system. So it comes up more than you might think.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 03:13:49 AM »

Man, even when I had the poison poison devil fruit, I still kept rules with how it works.

Natural should affect natural and chakra should affect chakra. Natural poison might be able to disrupt/damage chakra networks by damaging the body and maybe making you too intoxicated to actually use chakra well, like how being drunk makes it hard for you to drive. But it shouldn't really be able to get into your chakra system and mess up your actual chakra because chakra is like ki =/

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 05:21:32 AM »

Man, even when I had the poison poison devil fruit, I still kept rules with how it works.

Natural should affect natural and chakra should affect chakra. Natural poison might be able to disrupt/damage chakra networks by damaging the body and maybe making you too intoxicated to actually use chakra well, like how being drunk makes it hard for you to drive. But it shouldn't really be able to get into your chakra system and mess up your actual chakra because chakra is like ki =/

I agree with you completely and one would think that was common sense but, it's SL, and the bar really can't get set low enough.

Some people just make up any old thing and don't care if it makes any sense or not, and when questioned they just say that since they made it it does whatever they want. Fun times trying to bijuu fight those people I tell you what.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 05:51:59 AM »

Sounds kinda like how the force used to be in Star Wars. Originally it was just some sort of energy that people could control like telekinesis...Then it got based off of bacteria in your blood, and the more you had the stronger your force control was :( But I think that it is still technically a physical thing in your body.

Makes you wonder if there's an upper threshold as far as capacity goes though. I know that Naruto has 'limitless' chakra, but if it's physical then it probably has some kind of mass...So that means it would be compressed inside the body. It's all so confusing. Just easier to go off of fictional rules :)
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2016, 06:52:42 AM »

Well chakra certainly isn't a new concept. Though this iteration of it is greatly fantasized from spiritual power centers in the body.

Is it physical? yes and no. Certainly if your body is not well or injured the spiritual power will be effected, and vice versa. But could a poison be created to disrupt the ability to wield this power?

Hmmm, well we now have the whole Kagura and her son's origin for its wide spread usage. And in that we are told that instead of using our spiritual energy to connect with one another, we combined our spiritual and our physical energy to make and then use chakra as weapons, totally screwing up the whole concept from the get go. Go humans.

We are also told that the energy is created in chakra coils that surround and connect together our chakra producing organs. The physical energy[increased through  training, stimulants, and exercise] is collected from each of our cells, while the spiritual energy[increased through studying, meditation, and experience] is collected from that produced by our consciousness.  Maybe attacking the physical half of chakra production is possible...tainting the cells in such a way so that physical energy collection fails and it is not stored for use. Changing the make up so that the body attacks this energy with an immune response to kill it. Disrupting the ability of the cells to give up this physical energy for harvesting. We are told that now, without chakra, the body will die. Yeah evolution!

I would think that it would be possible to create a specialized poison that would disrupt the physical energy production and possibly the spiritual as well, though I would not accept a physical poison for that unless it was specifically crafted to attack the consciousness. And once you have someone unconscious why waste time with the chakra anyway when they are helpless to react anyway? Nice rock to the skull should suffice.

I am leaning toward saying that you could disrupt the physical energy production, taint it enough to cease the production of the combination of physical and spiritual for chakra production, but that you would not be able to alter ones ability to just do pure Ninshuu as intended by Hagoromo. But how many SL nin have bothered to learn that at this stage?

I know of maybe 3, Athos, Warren, and Mai to a very limited degree. there may well be more out there.

If that poisoner in question, Bocchiere, did not specify the how in these precise terms but is just saying it works cause, then I would not buy it in the least. And I have had to stretch quite a bit here to come up with a semi-half assed notion as to why it might work in the first place.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2016, 05:07:29 PM »

Chakra is a combination of the physical and spiritual energies of the body. The physical chakra network (I am a believer in it being a physical system) brings these two together to make and circulate chakra. Yoroi's chakra absorption technique was also specified to be "unnatural", so while you could attribute that to the ability to absorb chakra through the skin, you have to also take into effect the Preta Path which can also directly absorb chakra from the body.

Though the chakra network itself is within the body, chakra, especially while at full strength, is not necessarily within the body at all times:

Chakra itself does not stay inside of the body at all times, and can surround a user etherally like a shroud, similar to how ATP (the body's primary source of energy in the real world) is converted to heat and radiates from the body. By "law", energy can neither be destroyed nor conserved, only converted into different forms, so absorbing said heat would be similar to absorbing the ATP, akin to how a wind chill saps the heat from the body and indirectly saps at the body's energy.

Just check out how a chakra sensor views chakra:

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Sensor_Type

An entirely filler virus had the ability to affect chakra as well:

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Chakra_Virus

Also, the pathway system can be damaged by physical attacks like the rasenshuriken; the thing has never been mentioned to be able to cut through the soul or anything:

Those black coils with the circle points on them? The chakra pathway system.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 05:09:19 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2016, 05:47:49 PM »

I think we both know that they did not, Kay.

Rasenshuriken is not a physical attack it is a chakra based attack.

I also don't think that how they choose to visually represent a sensors powers or explain how the rasenshuriken damages someone is good evidence as to how the chakra system works. I don't believe it's ever been stated that your chakra just clouds around your body, for instance, so it would not be a good thing to assume just because of how something was animated.

There's just so many times it could have come up if it was physical and did not. When Lee had his surgery after the Konoha Crush it was problematic because fragments of bone were lodged in his spine. Extracting them from his spine was the problem, not the chakra system that is supposed to be tied to every cell of your body.

Again how did Hagoromo giving people chakra work if it requires a physical structure for transport? Did every living creature just instantly grow one? That's a little much even for Naruto.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2016, 06:23:09 PM »

Chakra is a combination of the physical and spiritual energies of the body. The physical chakra network (I am a believer in it being a physical system) brings these two together to make and circulate chakra. Yoroi's chakra absorption technique was also specified to be "unnatural", so while you could attribute that to the ability to absorb chakra through the skin, you have to also take into effect the Preta Path which can also directly absorb chakra from the body.

Though the chakra network itself is within the body, chakra, especially while at full strength, is not necessarily within the body at all times:

Chakra itself does not stay inside of the body at all times, and can surround a user etherally like a shroud, similar to how ATP (the body's primary source of energy in the real world) is converted to heat and radiates from the body. By "law", energy can neither be destroyed nor conserved, only converted into different forms, so absorbing said heat would be similar to absorbing the ATP, akin to how a wind chill saps the heat from the body and indirectly saps at the body's energy.

Just check out how a chakra sensor views chakra:

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Sensor_Type

An entirely filler virus had the ability to affect chakra as well:

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Chakra_Virus

Also, the pathway system can be damaged by physical attacks like the rasenshuriken; the thing has never been mentioned to be able to cut through the soul or anything:

Those black coils with the circle points on them? The chakra pathway system.

I wasn't going to jump in on this discussion because it doesn't really interest me, but you've butchered some concepts in your post so I felt compelled to do so.

1) ATP is the molecular unit of intracellular energy transfer. It's not directly converted to heat. Heat is the transfer of energy from a hotter object to a colder object.

2) You said, "energy is neither destroyed nor created". That's incorrect. The First Law of Thermodynamics dictates that energy is neither created nor destroyed, but simply changes form. The Law of Conservation of Energy dictates that the total energy of an isolated system remains constant.

3) Absorbing heat is not similar to "absorbing" ATP (cells don't absorb ATP, that would be a gross oversimplification). When heat is absorbed by an object, the velocity of that object's molecules increases, thus increasing the temperature--temperature is a measure of the average kinetic energy of the molecules in an object.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 16 queries.