Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Poll

Should the list be fixed?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Claimed list restructuring  (Read 11193 times)

GooshGoosh

• View Profile
Re: Claimed list restructuring
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2016, 05:22:29 AM »

The only one I ever saw that was strip 'happy' was Asadi. I think you all can relate.

I will assume this is a joke I would have needed to be here for a bit longer to understand >.>
"This is the way the world ends, not with a whimper but with a bang..."
― T.S. Eliot

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2016, 05:28:53 AM »

He streaked everywhere. And I mean everywhere. During the whole Kumo event he was naked...well mostly...I think he acquired some clothes in a village before making it to Kumo proper.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2016, 05:44:04 AM »

but i am thinking about the retention of prior 'owners' and had to smile at the Gooshgoosh remark:

Looking over the claims list, I see numerous techniques and Items that have no real reason for being on there, other than showing off that some people peruse the Naruto wikia for random jutsu more than others.

I agree. Much of what is listed would be fine to be mentioned on each person's profile page.

However, some folk do not have a profile. And it is the filing system for SL, not obligatory and should not mandate a thing. The wikia is a tool for our RP use. Period.

I do not agree with...

expanding upon the activity rules to match the Biju rules. If you do not post at least every two - three weeks, you lose your fancy item.

Big brother mind set needs to take a hike when it comes to my leisure activities of recreation. You know? Rule matron this site right into the grave.

How about a name change for the claims list?

You don't own certain things...other than an item...which only one person can wield at a time, for jutsu, summons, and such...a knowledge list. And yes, summons. We already had that huge fight years ago. And it was decided that people need the freedom to get what summons they want.

Who know this and that? Would not matter if inactives were on it then. Just a record of people and their techs you might have rp'd with and can check out for future rp references. We do rp getting together and reminiscing from time to time. Or relate our histories in other means through rp on the site. And yes, I save my rps and can wade through some. Most have went the way of hard drive failure though. Having it safe from such a future event would be nice. a data base I can scan readily with some organization to it, for detail in future rp events.

I exclude custom jutsu from ownership though. Just talking about canon stuff here.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2016, 02:47:13 AM »

Coughs
It's been a while since my side of crazy has visited the forums but I mean with a header like this I just had to join. Now speaking as someone who's name is prolly plastered on the 'Claimed List' I am still, have still and will continue to stand for the death of the claimed list! It is nothing but a popularity contest to which those who wish to get their name on said list must pull strings here and there to climb to the top. I mean truthfully, some Hijutsu and Kinjutsu should be kept for a select few individuals, knowledgeable to know the risks of their techniques and overall effect. Not just people who are bestfriends with so and so and get to have their name on a list. There are various arts and trades that found themselves clan oriented and such but then people spoof such claims like, 'Oh I'm 5% Uzumaki, 10% Inuzuka, 15% Aburame, 20% Nara, 25% Uchiha and 25% Senju just to have every prefix and trump card ready' which is just as absurd as the list is. Even the summoning list is out of hand. I was never one to accept that ninja held the summoning scrolls, to me it was always the animals of said group. Now there could be a limit to how many animals you can contract with to help said case but the worst is when that one person who held a 'contract' was so spiteful and never wished to let anyone sign because even then there were 'too many summoners' while the holder themselves were inactive. Not sure where I'm going with this as its being typed but, Death to the Claimed List! Or some of it.... even then there are those who hold summoning contracts who haven't been in the game for years on end.

Side note for those who say just make custom items that are like the cannon items....we all know how that gets treated in the realm so thats avoidable for sure. If there truly is a dispute in which the claimed item hasn't been used for weeks on end then perhaps a respawn of said item can occur in the game where not only one but many people can race to get it (perhaps even a GM'ed event! Ohhh I'd host that ish) since you know this is a virtual game where we are the creators of what we see-read. Thats just a thought. >>;

GooshGoosh

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2016, 03:29:10 AM »

So there are people who want more regulation, and people who want less regulation. Unlike most video games, this site lacks separate areas for the two worlds to exist simultaneously. Normally games would have a Ranked area, and a Quick play, for lack of a better term, but here on SL there is no separation between the two. That's where the issue lies, not in the claims list.

The casual players want to have their items without anyone telling them when they need to post or trying to take what they have, but the ranked players want to have those items as well in order to help them grow in the rank they seek out. Both routes are perfectly acceptable, but clash horribly in execution. Though, with this realization, I have came to understand a certain level of futility in attempting to even create a system that allows them both to exist happily. It honestly just can't happen. Ranked players will want more rules in order to subjugate the masses. Don't post? Stripped. Gimme gimme. Can't weave the perfect response to a cleverly written attack? You're dead, gimme gimme. I assume they do this because history has proven it's the only way to progress effectively. Like with Kiri, who are obviously casual players. They refused to abide by the rules established by the ranked players, and for that they lost their tools. They don't feel the rules should apply to them, because they play the game differently, but that's just not the case. So we end up with situations like this, and people's fun is being ruined. 

I honestly have to admit, I'm stumped. I understand and empathize the casual players desire to be left alone, but being a career ranked player in nearly everything I do, I want more rules, regulations and challenge opportunities. All I can say is that neither party is wrong here, it's just that this game is not made to harbor both parties comfortably and that's unfortunate.
― T.S. Eliot

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2016, 04:14:16 AM »

...All I can say is that neither party is wrong here, it's just that this game is not made to harbor both parties comfortably and that's unfortunate.

That's, not true. There have always been casuals and rankers. They tended to group into clans and interact with other clans that played like them. In-game Oro kills often were ways of showing power and experience and prestige, but it was not absolute. There were many people who played legend of naruto (RP'd with in-game realities in mind such as Shinigami and the Land of Shades).

Then the rankers, for lack of a better term, created a different outlet and tried to link them together; said outlet returned to SL and started trying to force the rules of that other world onto the one they had temporarily left behind, that reality onto the one that they had lifted from. Not surprisingly, many casuals both resisted and simply left; what clans (and I mean actual clans, not the label shells that most clans have become) began to be left with were rankers.

Of course, narutoverse stuff changing also contributed, but many of the faces of SL began to slowly turn over to the ones you are now famaliar with.

Long story short, this game can handle both types of players. It can't handle an eternal power struggle between them.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2016, 09:30:15 AM »

Long story short, this game can handle both types of players. It can't handle an eternal power struggle between them.

I think this is very true. If only a middle ground could be reached. Abolishing the claimed list and turning it into a reference list would likely do exactly that, but would probably cause all those people who are just here for prestige to leave. But I do also agree with the whole summoning thing. For example, I'm the contract holder of raptors and ants, but I basically just did that because I wanted to build those wiki pages. My rule with it is also that anyone could claim them and add to the page as much as they want as long as they build upon the base I made.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2016, 01:48:14 PM »

I find the terminology being bandied about filled with arrogance, which is just a turn off in a major way.

Ranked Rpers? lol
Who put that in motion...who decided what this ranking is and all those who do not abide by that arbitrary standard then obviously fall into the non-serious casual stature?

There is serious and then there is serious. I challenge a 'ranked' rper to be as 'serious' about their history of RP as a 'casual' non-serious player. I see very few ranked players who have not scrapped their characters in order to make a bigger and better build. But to take a character and from day one continue with what has transpired and actually work toward a build you never abandon and trash can because someone else is more powerful...

I don't think it gets much more serious than that.

don't even get me started on character's that a person buys rather than builds.

and this is the underlying issue that makes no sense to me with respect to claims listings.

My history is disrupted in a major way if one day i look up and see that due to OOC magic my weapon of choice is suddenly missing.

But Eric is...someone beat me and make me stop talking for I have lost my mind...RIGHT!

We can exist together, have done so, and will continue to do so despite hurdles along the way. I know I am not going away, I assume you are not either.

A solution may be...to have some indication listed next to the person's name...to say they require RP for transference of items in order to maintain their own continuity. Not everyone need be so laborious with it. But I rather enjoy tedium and would prefer the RP makes sense rather than be forced to effect a hole in Moenkopi's, etal, memory.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 01:58:53 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

GooshGoosh

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2016, 02:33:43 PM »

I was using those terms as a means over oversimplification for not only myself, but so I could try and convey my idea without taking in circles. But no I get it, fuck me and anything I have to add to this narrative, right?  :roll:

If you're just gonna wave away anything I have to say, then I'm sticking with the idea that there is nothing wrong with the claims list, and most of you are probably salty because you can lose your claimed items if someone tried hard enough. As Madara said;

The system is only broken to those who it doesn't favor.
― T.S. Eliot

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2016, 03:26:24 PM »

If you're just gonna wave away anything I have to say, then I'm sticking with the idea that there is nothing wrong with the claims list, and most of you are probably salty because you can lose your claimed items if someone tried hard enough.

As some who has nothing to gain or lose from the claimed list, I still see that there is room for improvement >_>

I see very few ranked players who have not scrapped their characters in order to make a bigger and better build. But to take a character and from day one continue with what has transpired and actually work toward a build you never abandon and trash can because someone else is more powerful...

Also, this. Back in the day, players like myself, Dart, Zenaku, and many more didn't just start with the works. We built our characters up over time to make them super powerful. But i guess it also takes self control to not make them TOO powerful. Or, if you do, you gotta have the self control to use it responsibly. But, reminiscing about better times kinda makes you think about how this site used to function before the whole claims list. It functioned pretty well, actually! I think 'claims' were actually started with the 7SM and not the bijuu funnily enough.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2016, 05:05:29 PM »

I was using those terms as a means over oversimplification for not only myself, but so I could try and convey my idea without taking in circles. But no I get it, fuck me and anything I have to add to this narrative, right?  :roll:

If you're just gonna wave away anything I have to say, then I'm sticking with the idea that there is nothing wrong with the claims list, and most of you are probably salty because you can lose your claimed items if someone tried hard enough. As Madara said;

By Madara's logic, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the United States of America's system of government. Because the system does work for some. By that concept, no system can be broken if there is at least one person whom it favors, which really goes against the principles for changing the biju rules and making the claimed rules in the first place. The original SL, by that logic, was not at all broken and did not need rules.

I don't see where what you said has been completely waved off. As you said, the "casuals" want it one way, the "rankers" want it another way. Saying: "Oh we don't do things like that" was ok back in the days. There was no "one" way of making a claim or attaining a biju, heck, there were hardly consistent amounts of biju at times.

The "rankers" effectively cannot have what they want, a single, unified and codified system over the entire realm, and the "casuals" cannot have what they want, an individualized and personalized system over the realm that truly varies from place to place unless they both agree to step aside on enforcing their way onto the entire realm, or one gets out of the way of the other.

Quote from: KayentaMoenkopi
But Eric is...someone beat me and make me stop talking for I have lost my mind...RIGHT!

I could beat you, but I want to see you write that again sometime in the near future. 8)
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2016, 08:52:28 PM »

like too funny. I have nothing on the list to lose. I think if I had wanted to say F you though, I would have. I can be direct and to the point. Sorry about your feeling that my stating a different view from your own, somehow translates in your mind to stfu and die or something. but then, that is on you, not me.

GooshGoosh

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2016, 09:42:57 PM »

like too funny. I have nothing on the list to lose. I think if I had wanted to say F you though, I would have. I can be direct and to the point. Sorry about your feeling that my stating a different view from your own, somehow translates in your mind to stfu and die or something. but then, that is on you, not me.

I am supposed to apologize that your passive aggressive comments read as "Your interpretation of the game is wrong, so shut up."? Because I won't. But your attitude seems to be consistent though, so perhaps I should just get used to it if I plan on staying on this crumbling site.   

Up until about 2 days ago, I had nothing to lose from the List either, yet here I am defending it to be a perfectly acceptable system. If I didn't have claims, I would still be here defending it, because it's fine the way it is. What rules are there to abide by other than being active? I looked, and no topics have been made that give me an idea of some daunting list of tasks people have to do to keep their tools. It's literally just "Be active with the tool once every 60 days, and your stuff is safe." If that's too much to ask for, then don't try to get cannon items. If I'm wrong and there is some 60 page essay for me to look over regarding a set of rules, then please send it to me so I may bask in it's corruption.

Is it a popularity contest? Of course it is. Any observable leader board on any game ever is a popularity contest (So long as hackers have not put themselves at the top with 99999999 across the board) That's just the way games work. And if it's not a leader board, it's skins, or emotes, or whatever collectible item there is to distinguish your account from everyone else. You get those things to make yourself popular. To make yourself a special snowflake.

As for the Government analogy Eric gave: This is a much smaller scale, with much fewer loopholes that can be abused. As I said, there is one rule that I can observe that needs to be followed. Activity. This system does not favor the inactive, because they contribute literally nothing to the game and it's role plays. They are simply names on a page that new people don't know or care about, but are forced to look at because these people have the items/Techniques/Summons they want to use, but can't because there is nothing they can do to take something away from a person who won't reply or work with them. That's why the inactivity rule was added. So people like me don't get depressed at the lack of opportunity to get items and go join other sites. So please, continue to defend the people who don't even play the game anymore so the new generation of players can continue to go fuck themselves.
― T.S. Eliot

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2016, 10:04:22 PM »

Still not seeing where, removal of claimed list = a bad thing. Your whole argument seems to be in favor of the claims list because it is the only method of exclusivity on this site. (Imagine if a MMORPG made it so theres only one of each legenday in the whole game >_>) You could leave a kind of exclusivity still by making hem difficult to get, but allowing multiples would help out a lot of the so-called problems.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2016, 10:37:40 PM »

I am supposed to apologize that your passive aggressive comments read as "Your interpretation of the game is wrong, so shut up."? Because I won't. But your attitude seems to be consistent though, so perhaps I should just get used to it if I plan on staying on this crumbling site...   

... So please, continue to defend the people who don't even play the game anymore so the new generation of players can continue to go fuck themselves.

You are not really supposed to do anything. But at the same time, I am not going to dress up in the costume you throw at me so you can continue to avoid your apparent inability to handle an opinion that differs from your own.

TL:DR; get the chip off your shoulder when it comes time to listen to a different point of view. It is simply that and nothing more; it is certainly not a personal attack, nor does it require one from you in return.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 24 queries.