Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Preta path vs Hozuki  (Read 4847 times)

GooshGoosh

• View Profile
Preta path vs Hozuki
« on: August 24, 2016, 01:30:16 AM »

So, I mentioned in the "Hitting the unhittable" topic that the preta path would do...something to the Hozuki people, but...what would it do? I am of the mindset that considering they are 100% chakra in that state, they would get soaked up like a sponge. I could see them just solidifying, but I'm not convinced on how exactly that makes sense. Thoughts?
"This is the way the world ends, not with a whimper but with a bang..."
― T.S. Eliot

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Preta path vs Hozuki
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 01:33:59 AM »

So, I mentioned in the "Hitting the unhittable" topic that the preta path would do...something to the Hozuki people, but...what would it do? I am of the mindset that considering they are 100% chakra in that state, they would get soaked up like a sponge. I could see them just solidifying, but I'm not convinced on how exactly that makes sense. Thoughts?

I think someone mentioned that you won't even need to worry about Preta Path being a problem to those that happened to be an Houzuki. The minute you make contact with their bodies in any way, use Human Path and pull out their soul; thus ending the battle in the most satirical way possible. 

GooshGoosh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 01:36:17 AM »

I think someone mentioned that you won't even need to worry about Preta Path being a problem to those that happened to be an Houzuki. The minute you make contact with their bodies in any way, use Human Path and pull out their soul; thus ending the battle in the most satirical way possible.

OK, but like, I'm talking about the preta path right now xD
― T.S. Eliot

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 01:38:29 AM »

Should be like seastone or haki from One Piece. Basically, you would disrupt their liquefaction ability probably.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

GooshGoosh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 01:50:24 AM »

Should be like seastone or haki from One Piece. Basically, you would disrupt their liquefaction ability probably.

I don't watch OP, so I can't make any judgments on that, but I always thought when it came to the Hydrification technique, that the user was always made of water. Like when Suigetsu was hit by the TBB while fighting Bee. His unconscious state turned him into a blob, not into a normal person. Most techniques require at the very least consciousness to maintain, so I can only surmise that he is 100% water at all time. So, there is no "disrupting the technique" so to speak. At least from my point of view.
― T.S. Eliot

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 01:57:16 AM »

That makes sense but is not what the technique is stated to do.

If you absorbed all their chakra out of them via the Preta Path they would turn solid, otherwise you'd just be draining chakra from their elemental form till that happens, that's all.

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 08:38:07 PM »

Well, Hydrification Technique turns the user into water, so basically they are a living Suiton Jutsu, which Preta Path should absorb, until they end the technique. Could it potentially absorb the entire person? I don't see why not.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 09:08:29 PM »

Because rinnegan needs more one hit kill moves.

GooshGoosh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 09:56:53 PM »

That's a pretty niche one hit kill. Most people don't use that kind of transformation lol.
― T.S. Eliot

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 12:36:54 AM »

That's a pretty niche one hit kill. Most people don't use that kind of transformation lol.

Don't vacation in Kiri. ~
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 02:14:16 PM »

I'm fairly certain that you would not be able to physically absorb a Hozuki just because they're 'made of chakra'. Every ninja is 'made of chakra' in a sense, so that would mean that you could absorb anyone (not just Hozuki). Because we know that isn't true, I believe that you would just turn them solid if you touched them.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 02:49:45 PM »

I'm fairly certain that you would not be able to physically absorb a Hozuki just because they're 'made of chakra'. Every ninja is 'made of chakra' in a sense, so that would mean that you could absorb anyone (not just Hozuki). Because we know that isn't true, I believe that you would just turn them solid if you touched them.

There just doesn't seem a reason as to why it couldn't other than just because it seems OP to do so. Preta Path can "absorb" everyone in a sense, but not like skin, bone, organs etc because those aren't made up of chakra.  The only thing separating a Hydrification User and a Water Dragon is chakra and sentience. The water isn't covering them like an armor, if so then Preta Path would absorb the armor and leave behind the rest, but they are the water.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2016, 03:24:27 PM »

Can preta path just absorb any kind of water? >_> Like, can you drop a preta path ninja into the ocean so they can absorb the whole ocean and turn the world into dune?

And if so, why can't they just absorb a mountain  too?

Where's the line on what they can and can't absorb?

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2016, 05:36:53 PM »

Can preta path just absorb any kind of water? >_> Like, can you drop a preta path ninja into the ocean so they can absorb the whole ocean and turn the world into dune?

Don't see why you would make a correlation to those things. Preta Path absorbs chakra, Hydrification turns you  into chakra water.  Its not just Preta Path, any chakra absorption ability will do given enough time.  This isn't too hype up Preta for the hell of it, it just makes sense. On the other hand, there are other jutsu that seem to me won't be absorbed or atleast brings to the table things that might or might not pose a problem.

Mokuton for one. This is iffy, i've seen forums in which people say Preta Path should be able to absorb it, though others argue and say Mokuton is in a special category seeing as its converting chakra to life energy, and some even view it as an actual tree with chakra simply flowing through it. Like if the chakra was absorbed, you would still have an oak sitting infront of you, just a chakra-less one.

Techniques that manipulate is another. If a Doton user manipulates the ground for say a couple of spikes, does the jutsu itself have chakra to absorb or is it more of a telepathy thing? And say the chakra is absorbed from the spikes, do you still have spikes that are just chakra-less or do they crumble? The answer to these questions seem less clear to me than Preta vs Hozuki.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 06:00:33 PM by Uchiha Madara »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2016, 06:17:40 PM »

The ocean doesn't have chakra to absorb.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 17 queries.