Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: MASTERY [Discussion]  (Read 4980 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
MASTERY [Discussion]
« on: September 18, 2016, 02:53:41 AM »

Ok. the issue of how mastery was going to be handled was never finalized. Let's get some talk going on here and finish that part up, ok? I was asked today...is it a total of 3 or 15 weeks for mastery?

4] Mastering a Biju Clause
  • The beast must be completely mastered before the Jinchuriki can access Tailed Beast Mode.
  • The Bijuu Bomb can only be used while in Tailed Beast Mode.
  • The Bijuu’s passive ability can be accessed immediately upon being sealed with the beast, but the power will be weaker than someone who has mastered the beast. It takes time to master the passive abilities of a bijuu.
  • Number of tail manifestations before mastery is achieved--> under discussion.
  • Mastery will occur in five stages consisting of 3 weeks each, with a mid rage evolution stage to access partial transformations.
  • 25% - grants access to C ranked jutsu in the beast's passive ability. The host has access to the Initial Jinchūriki Form.
  • 50% - grants access to B ranked jutsu in the beast's passive ability. The host has access to the Version 1 Cloak.
  • Partial Transformation - Although no additional access to the beast's passive ability have been acquired, control over the transformative stages now includes the finesse to perform partial transformations.
  • 75% - grants access to A ranked jutsu in the beast's passive ability. The host has access to the Version 2 Cloak.
  • 100% - grants access to S ranked jutsu in the beast's passive ability. The host has access to Tailed Beast Mode.
  • Consequences of going over mastery--> In Discussion
I prefer that stages of abilities gained is how we handle it. Rather than to say so long per tail, because it really should not be easier to master Shukaku than Kurama. I feel the bijuu are all equally difficult to master.

Chinote

• View Profile
Re: MASTERY [Discussion]
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 09:07:39 AM »

Rather than to say so long per tail, because it really should not be easier to master Shukaku than Kurama. I feel the bijuu are all equally difficult to master.

I actually like this way better for this reason. I'll throw whatever say I have towards a seconding for this system.

The only real issue I see is "is 15 weeks short/long enough to determine mastery?"

We've already discussed how the passage of time means literally nothing since everyone more-or-less does their own. So how do we decide on the time period for each rank? Naruto took a day shy of 17 years to master Kurama. Granted, he was a kid for the majority of that, but it still took him a good chunk of time.

I think maybe 4-5 weeks seems a little better, but I don't think it'd be much of an issue unless it becomes something drastic like under a week or 3+ months per rank.

Just my dumb thoughts.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 11:18:25 PM »

I've always used the two weeks for one tail rule, it was nice and simple. And it works all ways around.

In this case, sure, people with lower amount of tails with reach mastery faster but they overall still are weaker than the hosts above them. It doesn't mean that it is easier to master the beasts with lower tails, not at all. It just means that there is less power to HAVE TO master from each beast, due to tail number and such. Same process for each beast, just different strokes for different folks.

I honestly prefer to do things through RP but in all my time here I've never seen a way to master tails through RP that can't be rigged or some BS.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 11:51:05 PM »

I disagree that tail number equates to bijuu power level.

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 12:54:35 AM »

I like the set time, it gives everyone an equal amount (4 weeks sounds good).  Mostly due to the fact Tailed Beast mastery, as stated before, either can be very long or cut short depending on what exactly the Jinchuriki does (Killer B going to the Falls of Truth to quickly master Gyuki)  and the personality of their beasts as well (Menma and Black Kurama working together because of their shared hate).

_________________________________________________________________________________

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 06:27:41 AM »

As far as consequences go, the biju having an ultimate desire for freedom should compel it to seize control at first opportunity; when the user goes over mastery, the tailed beast is unleashed that turn. In a RP fight this leads to death of the host and an ensuing battle between the biju and the challenger (we need to figure out who GM's that by the way, or give the Council the ability to pick a straw to go into that cup) while in an OOC fight this is an automatic forfeit of the match.

Also, I think the mastery times should be toned to 2 weeks per stage instead of 3. 12 weeks, 3 months, no one can master a beast unless they hold the bugger for that long, which I think is asking a bit much. 8 weeks, 2 months, is much more forgiving imho.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 10:16:56 PM »

is much more forgiving imho.

You almost had me until you said that.

Why does it need to be forgiving? Why should it be easier for them? If they want to be hosts, then they should know they signed up for the task of defending and protecting themselves. 3 months versus 2 isn't a whole lot different when people can post once a week and make a fight last a year before they even scratch each other. Even in in-game time, 3 months (9 months) is almost 16 less years than it took two of the three Jinchuuriki that had more than 2 minutes of screen time to master their beasts. I know the majority of people don't use in-game time as how they age, but it's easier than making up numbers to prove my point. I don't think those who obtain, hold, or seek to obtain a Bijuu should be coddled like newborns.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 01:19:25 AM »

My opinion on this has changed a bit, once I was actually explained the rules and how new mastery would work.

Five stages for east beast and three week for each of those stages. It is nice, simple, and just more fair overall. o.o

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 06:11:25 PM »

is much more forgiving imho.

You almost had me until you said that.

Why does it need to be forgiving? Why should it be easier for them? If they want to be hosts, then they should know they signed up for the task of defending and protecting themselves. 3 months versus 2 isn't a whole lot different when people can post once a week and make a fight last a year before they even scratch each other. Even in in-game time, 3 months (9 months) is almost 16 less years than it took two of the three Jinchuuriki that had more than 2 minutes of screen time to master their beasts. I know the majority of people don't use in-game time as how they age, but it's easier than making up numbers to prove my point. I don't think those who obtain, hold, or seek to obtain a Bijuu should be coddled like newborns.

If you're talking about a biju match, the moment that match starts, the host cannot use any powers that they would obtain over the course of outside RP. As far as regular fights go, it is very much similar, that they can't use those time powers until after that fight is done.

If the task of owning a biju is unforgiving in its entirety, then why would people who actually need to use thier power bother getting them? It would just get taken away by someone who doesn't actually need the power sometime during the tenure. Considering all of the rules and such involved with being a jinchurikii, why bother getting a biju if you actually need to use its full power to stay competitive?

Having hosts wait 3 weeks or wait 2 weeks, if they get into a biju match that lasts for that kind of time, I guess is hardly a difference, but then, that makes the aspect of making hosts wait a certain amount of time to get their power-up kind of moot then doesn't it?

If people abuse the time in that kind of fashion, to get into a rigged match for the sake of dragging it out during their entire (or even a large portion) of their tenure, shouldn't there be some sort of penalty for that? Shouldn't that kind of misconduct, which defeats the purpose of mastery times in the first place, be something of a red flag instead of justification to extend the time even more?

Besides, coddled like newborns would be giving them all the powerz on day 7 or even sooner. >_>
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 11:18:01 PM »

15 weeks? >> Nah, I'm good. You guys without beasts have fun with that. To make someone have to fight for a beast, then take 15 weeks to master it while likely dealing with challenges is idiotic. This whole thing exemplifies why those without beasts should not have reign over those who do.

You are just asking for people to stall fights for ages until they master tails. 2 weeks per tail with RP as a way to speed up maybe a tails worth of progress was fine. >> Ya'll just keep making it easier to disregard the council of non-hosts, cheers~!
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 02:04:25 AM »

15 weeks? >> Nah, I'm good. You guys without beasts have fun with that. To make someone have to fight for a beast, then take 15 weeks to master it while likely dealing with challenges is idiotic. This whole thing exemplifies why those without beasts should not have reign over those who do.

You are just asking for people to stall fights for ages until they master tails. 2 weeks per tail with RP as a way to speed up maybe a tails worth of progress was fine. >> Ya'll just keep making it easier to disregard the council of non-hosts, cheers~!

I find it very hard to warm to this person.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 02:27:16 AM »

I find it very hard to warm to this person.

Hard to warm up to, sure, but I sorta agree. The new way of mastering a beast ain't bad and is more fair but if we get our choice preference.... Then I would go with this style of mastery.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 03:14:48 AM »

Two weeks per tails is an absolute joke. If only cause nobody should master the Ichibi in two weeks.

Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 03:25:41 AM »

Two weeks per tails is an absolute joke. If only cause nobody should master the Ichibi in two weeks.
How, if you don't mind me asking? Besides the chakra of the beast, Shukaku don't really give you shit >> he don't have a proper V1 cloak and doesn't even possess a V2 cloak. And he doesn't even give you sand now, last I checked.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2016, 04:53:56 AM »

How, if you don't mind me asking? Besides the chakra of the beast, Shukaku don't really give you shit >> he don't have a proper V1 cloak and doesn't even possess a V2 cloak. And he doesn't even give you sand now, last I checked.

Pretty sure he still gives sand, he just wasn't the source of the sand being an automatic defense. He also gives some sealing jutsu and magnet release. And I'm pretty sure every biju can use a cloak. I just don't think Gaara ever had a chance to use it.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.