Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: [Bijuu Council] Agenda #3 - All of the things  (Read 17395 times)

Trev

• View Profile
Re: [Bijuu Council] Agenda #3 - All of the things
« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2016, 10:50:21 PM »

Helloooo

You may ignore me, or consider my words. This is all up to you. At this point I am not even sure, whether I am still part of the council, or not.

However. With the Bijuu more or less free, wouldn't this be the best time to revise the rules?
I know what you think.

Why, should we? This is too much work.

Work that we should consider. The Bijuu are supposed to be the biggest entities out there. And yet we handle them like trophies. They are less worth than Pokemon. How do we gain them? Mostly out of character.

I remember , our main issue was inactivity, and thus people hogging a Bijuu. But i do not think this should be the main reason for them to be handled OOC , only.

We fight and use them OOC. In fact, they are nonexistent on SL. After all, we only use them outside the actual game. So why do we even bicker and fight for them? They have no actual relevance, they are less worth than a badge or rank. At least right now as they are.

I say get them out of the Forum, entirely. Use them on SL only. Have mods and Gms watch over them. We can still handle something with the activity, have a blog if it has to be, but all challenges, all fights should be IC. Look or them IC. Fight for them IC.

Your character gets hurt? Gets injured? Well, perhaps it makes your character a better one?
This is roleplay. A character gets hurt, crippled even. A character may change over the course of time. This is how it is. This is the Thrill. You may attempt to plan ahead, but who says this will go your way?

In fact, it may just go a whole nother course!

I suggest waiting with the Bijuu right now. Have them on a Hold for distribution. I mean, they are not that important right now, so it shouldn't be too harmful to any player. Think of better and simpler rules, therefore giving newbies a chance as well.

Another Idea. The Bijuu just got free, why not have an event where they go rampage and attack villages and places? Then you can test ICly who would be up for it and who not. Wouldn't this be exciting?

Fodder for thought...

Several good ideas. But I have counter points.

1. You can try to hold redistributing them, but you already have several members of the community breathing on the council's neck, so good luck.

2. Good point on fighting for the biju on SL and not the forum. I just know some people prefer the forum, as fights in zones typically get interrupted or covered up by other people/ harder to see people's post broken up in pieces. But fair point.

3. IC fights are a bad idea, unless all contestants want them. With your character risking something, more people argue. Also you you want newbies to have a chance? Well IC fights aren't the way. In my time at SL, you know what I see when newbies fight a op vet on sl IC? They don't get hurt, or crippled, they die within 5 posts. They get frustrated their character was killed and they leave SL. If you want newbies to have a chance, it wouldn't be with an IC fight.

4. For the biju to be a threat to a village, the village would have to nerf themselves, or the biju would have to increase in power for the fight. Our roleplayers are like Madara who soloed all 9 biju at once. A whole village of madara's would take out a biju in 1 post. Unless you powered them up.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 10:57:19 PM by Trev »
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2016, 11:47:57 PM »

...We fight and use them OOC. In fact, they are nonexistent on SL. After all, we only use them outside the actual game...

That is mostly a symptom of the players and the current situation in SL. The jinchurikii were weapons of war in the series, but wars don't really break out in SL. As Trev already stated, a village attack IC would require either powering up the bijus or demanding the villages to get rid of their defesnses. Unlike an etheral spirit from the ancient times, there is only so much scale up on the biju that you can do that is reasonable, especially since alot of that power is going to be nerfed back to the way it was once the biju is defeated and re-sealed.

Players bickered and hoarded and all sorts of things, so bit by bit the tailed beast fights began to migrate away from IC hunts and quests to OOC brawls with a judge. Bocchiere leaving, I do not think, is going to change that.

People breathing down the neck of the Council (speaking for myself) is not really a big part of this, but then again, having the biju attack a village would exclude many of the people who actually want the tailed beast(s). There are 9 biju, but what, 7 "main" villages - Konoha, Iwa, Kumo, Kiri, Suna, Uzuiosho, Ame, Oto - how would the attacks be split up evenly so that there is not a really strong bias? Obviously Shukaku attacking Suna makes sense cause it can abuse the large amounts of sand, or the 6-tails with acid spitting rain in Kirigakure, but that kind of takes away the "choose what you want" element of the whole thing. Which may or may not be a bad thing I guess.

To redo the biju rules significantly to make the beasts less of trophies, we would have to go back to a system that does not obligate the beasts to be up for grabs at any point in time, that they don't have to constantly be in a circulation of sorts. That's not fair to someone who wants them but can't have them because a pot somewhere in JoJo land has the beast he or she wants. It would require redoing the mindset towards the biju.

Overall, while I"m personally warm to the idea, I do not think that is a general desire among those who want biju.

Also, I don't recall you being formally replaced. Even still, you can post your opinion here Council member or not.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2016, 12:27:50 AM »

Nothing is going to change. These points have been brought up before.

SL is without rules or guidelines so it attracts people with like minds that like to be a god.

I and others have built and tried to implement nerfs on things and adjust the rules.  Some have passed and others failed.

Some people actually do RP with their bijuu. Not all, but some.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2016, 12:30:55 AM »

You know, i think being so overpowered, is also just due to the mindset of SL, nowadays.

You can ask Kay how often Silver was cripple din the past. Far too often within a single week. And yet there was some sort of fairness between a newbie and a veteran. This existed back then. It was part of the community. But with time, the sense of Fair play vanished. Instead of finding middle grounds, people would insist on their way, being THE WAY.

And what is it that we do? We who are the veterans now? We let this happen. We accept this, despite knowing that we could change it. Yes, this requires work. Yes it means you would go and actually hunt for the Bijuu. You would need to roleplay and someone would need to keep an eye on their activity.

I do not think it would be unfair to hunt after some Jinchuriki. In fact, it would be a challenge, something that is also dying out on SL. We need challenges and events. We need a fresh breeze. We would have a chance now.
The Bijuu would still be up to grabs, only within character. Would probably need an in character council as well. As for the attacks, we can just choose 9 zones and make them smaller villages at the border of the countries. Or anything we can think of,a free field for creativity here.

Time to think out of the box, i suppose...Also if those who wish to claim the Bijuu only wish to do that in order to show off, then aren't they against actual Roleplay? If all they do is hoard them , for the sake of hoarding, then...and i apologize if i am harsh now, then they are perhaps no good hosts.

It would be easier if we had events and got exp for these. And if we all had the chance to put exp into stats and said stats translated into chances for something to work right....ah..dice would make this all easier at times...but now i am too old fashioned again, sorry. Sometimes i dream.

And sometimes i want a mini bijuu as pet...ahem.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2016, 12:42:53 AM »

Amazing and valid points.

But if you want to do that, you have to be a real rp mod with real rp power (something this site lacks). If the council were to try something like that, there's no way the community would just sit by.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 12:43:55 AM by Genesis »

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2016, 12:57:00 AM »

Once someone has a bijuu, they can determine if they want OOC or IC challenges, right? If I win, I just want IC and SL only, I hate the forum only stuff >_> But I see where Silver is coming from and I do miss those days.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2016, 01:20:43 AM »

You know, i think being so overpowered, is also just due to the mindset of SL, nowadays.

You can ask Kay how often Silver was cripple din the past. Far too often within a single week. And yet there was some sort of fairness between a newbie and a veteran. This existed back then. It was part of the community. But with time, the sense of Fair play vanished. Instead of finding middle grounds, people would insist on their way, being THE WAY.

And what is it that we do? We who are the veterans now? We let this happen. We accept this, despite knowing that we could change it. Yes, this requires work. Yes it means you would go and actually hunt for the Bijuu. You would need to roleplay and someone would need to keep an eye on their activity.

I do not think it would be unfair to hunt after some Jinchuriki. In fact, it would be a challenge, something that is also dying out on SL. We need challenges and events. We need a fresh breeze. We would have a chance now.
The Bijuu would still be up to grabs, only within character. Would probably need an in character council as well. As for the attacks, we can just choose 9 zones and make them smaller villages at the border of the countries. Or anything we can think of,a free field for creativity here.

Time to think out of the box, i suppose...Also if those who wish to claim the Bijuu only wish to do that in order to show off, then aren't they against actual Roleplay? If all they do is hoard them , for the sake of hoarding, then...and i apologize if i am harsh now, then they are perhaps no good hosts.

It would be easier if we had events and got exp for these. And if we all had the chance to put exp into stats and said stats translated into chances for something to work right....ah..dice would make this all easier at times...but now i am too old fashioned again, sorry. Sometimes i dream.

And sometimes i want a mini bijuu as pet...ahem.

Overpowered isn't a mindset, it's the natural progress SL has always done. Things were fair back then, as the manga was not quite developed. A newbie actually stood a chance against a veteran. The strongest attacks back in the day were like chidori and rasengan. In part 1, genin level sasuke could hold his own against part one kakashi.

But the manga got more op and so did the players, cause more was available. I remember when Susanoo appeared and everyone thought that was unfair and we should nerf. Now susanoo is almost laughable to some players. As the manga developed, so did we as players. I don't believe it's a mindset. Only way to go back is if you banned part 2 naruto, that ain't going to happen.

I among others don't have a nostalgia for the past. I remember it almost being lawless, which some enjoyed, but I didn't. I would fight vets as a noob, and they would try to kill and sometimes they would (Shinro did kill me, but voided it) but there wasn't that much mercy towards newbies.

As I have said, and Eric also reiterated, hunting the biju would lead to their defeat without a nerf or power up. Most players on this site, can beat a biju in less than 3 posts should they choose to rush it.

As for IC jinch hunt, it was tried and failed. People just hide themselves from hunters, it didn't go well.

As for biju being a trophy, it is true some players treat them that way ( I do) but numerous others do not and rp with their biju (Athos comes to mind)

I get wanting to do things differently, but so far SL has shown it won't work. What has worked consistently during the various eras of SL? A straight up fight for the biju. Worked with Zen and Rai's time, works fairly well now.

I'm being negative, but the things you propose would require such fundamental change to SL. It's been tried and failed to nerf everyone, Shadow tried, and his nerf wasn't even that big of a nerf.

Also for the biju randomly attacking, as eric stated, how would you decide which biju attacks who? If you make the Kyuubi attack a certain group or village, some one may think you're biased.

Only solution I could possibly see is banning having multiple biju (Good luck with that) and they may become less of a trophy. Or use a very old biju rule and ban the formation of the ten tails. Then players may not want more than one, as a benefit to collecting them is to eventually form the ten tails, which becomes obsolete.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2016, 01:50:36 AM »

Here's said nerf - http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7738.0.html

Shoutout to 3/4 years back
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2016, 03:54:36 AM »

Hey, I don't want to tell you guys to stop, because it's a good discussion and there are valid points that could be argued about for weeks, but let's try to keep this thread on-task so that we have our ducks lined up for Wednesday. Maybe make a new thread to discuss possible rule changes, past vs present, and the like and keep this one about the current situation.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2016, 04:58:02 AM »

In case you all missed it, I bailed on the Gedo event. Zetsu Moenkopi escaped into the world and it is now back in the hands of the council to tend to.

And gee...4 days before October even.

have fun.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2016, 06:15:05 AM »

We'll figure something out for it, but I think we should still wait until the 0-9(-4) are distributed. That'll give us some time to figure something out that's fair while everyone that might be interested has their hands full vying for their beast.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2016, 06:46:16 AM »

This might sound dumb, but I say it stays locked away forever until a single pre-requisite is fulfilled. That being, being in current possession of all 9 bijuu. They mysteriously learn a random set of Kata, and boom, it's theirs.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2016, 06:53:21 AM »

This might sound dumb, but I say it stays locked away forever until a single pre-requisite is fulfilled. That being, being in current possession of all 9 bijuu. They mysteriously learn a random set of Kata, and boom, it's theirs.
That's a not a terrible solution. I'd still rather table it for now and figure out the details for the upcoming fights.

I'll count the votes before I go to bed, since I know Hades and Eric voted, but I need to finish my homework.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2016, 06:56:09 AM »

To be fair, Akatsuki had possession of the statue long before they collected all of the bijuu. Then again, we don't really know where they got it (if I remember correctly) and it didn't really do much while they had it until it became full of bijuu.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 27, 2016, 07:01:06 AM »

To be fair, Akatsuki had possession of the statue long before they collected all of the bijuu. Then again, we don't really know where they got it (if I remember correctly) and it didn't really do much while they had it until it became full of bijuu.

Didn't Nagato say something like he just knew how to summon it when he activated the Rinnegan? I thought it was something dumb like that.

Also, gonna have to do it tomorrow. Roommate's throwing shade for being up at 1 am.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 08:02:49 AM by Chinote »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 17 queries.