Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: [Bijuu Council] Agenda #3 - All of the things  (Read 17393 times)

Hades

• View Profile
Re: [Bijuu Council] Agenda #3 - All of the things
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2016, 07:16:00 AM »

Yeah, there was never an explicit explanation of how Nagato knew how to summon it, but he did so in order to try to protect Yahiko (and protect Konan). I suppose one might presume that the knowledge of summoning the ten tails' husk becomes innate to the possessor of the sage of six paths' eye jutsu. Also not clear how he knew he could store the bijū in it after it had left him with a bunch of rods in his back, but probably something along the same lines.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2016, 07:30:28 AM »

This might sound dumb, but I say it stays locked away forever until a single pre-requisite is fulfilled. That being, being in current possession of all 9 bijuu. They mysteriously learn a random set of Kata, and boom, it's theirs.

To be fair, Akatsuki had possession of the statue long before they collected all of the bijuu. Then again, we don't really know where they got it (if I remember correctly) and it didn't really do much while they had it until it became full of bijuu.

The Sage of Six paths hid the husk on the moon. When Madara finally awakened the Rinni in his old age, he "learned" the summoning jutsu for the Gedo Mazo. He passed it onto Obito when he died which then fell into the possession of the Akatsuki.

Edit: I'm wrong. Madara broke the seal, which allowed him to summon the Mazo. Nagato, who had Madaras eyes, summoned the Mazo in a fit of rage.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 07:35:52 AM by Genesis »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2016, 07:37:43 AM »

I don't think locking it until someone collects all 9 bijuu is a bad idea.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2016, 08:32:12 AM »

Yes, please inspire another generation of multiple bijuu hoarding, but this time give em the Gedo if they do it. >>
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2016, 08:47:35 AM »

Bijuu hoarding is already going to happen. >>
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2016, 03:19:16 PM »

no sense in rewarding that instance. I like the notion that its not just the big prize for collecting all nine.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2016, 03:56:37 PM »

It's the husk of the ten tails. It serves no other purpose besides life support like madara used it

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2016, 05:32:27 PM »

It's the husk of the ten tails. It serves no other purpose besides life support like madara used it

If that's the case, then let me take a swing at it << if it is that useless.

But honestly, it being the reward for getting all Nine beasts is just wrong, especially seeing that it was ruled the Gedo Mazo is to be treated as a Bijuu. Not a special Bijuu people get as a reward for completely something, or an item used for some GM event where people won't be able to get along...

The Mazo is suppose to be treated like a Bijuu and therefore it is suppose to follow the rules of a Bijuu, as well >.> Unless that and the rules magically changed once the item was put in the hands of the council, which I doubt.

So yeah, claims on first challenge <<; Along with my two cents.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Hitler-Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2016, 07:48:10 PM »

If that's the case, then let me take a swing at it << if it is that useless.

But honestly, it being the reward for getting all Nine beasts is just wrong, especially seeing that it was ruled the Gedo Mazo is to be treated as a Bijuu. Not a special Bijuu people get as a reward for completely something, or an item used for some GM event where people won't be able to get along...

The Mazo is suppose to be treated like a Bijuu and therefore it is suppose to follow the rules of a Bijuu, as well >.> Unless that and the rules magically changed once the item was put in the hands of the council, which I doubt.

So yeah, claims on first challenge <<; Along with my two cents.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 27, 2016, 08:47:23 PM »

I understand what you're saying. Basically keeping the Mazo for the first person to get all 9 basically encourages a hording culture of sorts.

But, truth be told, that's why I stated the rule. That culture is already established and thriving on SL; my suggestion on it seeked to compliment it. For example, Athos, weren't you the first person to challenge the council for all 9 bijuu?  ;)

Then this is my new proposed plan then. We add the Gedo Mazo to the voting list, bringing the things on there to 11. And then we elongate the deadline from Wednesday to Friday or Saturday. If you want to treat it like a bijuu, then I say treat him like a bijuu.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 08:49:15 PM by Genesis »

Hitler-Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 27, 2016, 09:03:28 PM »

I understand what you're saying. Basically keeping the Mazo for the first person to get all 9 basically encourages a hording culture of sorts.

But, truth be told, that's why I stated the rule. That culture is already established and thriving on SL; my suggestion on it seeked to compliment it. For example, Athos, weren't you the first person to challenge the council for all 9 bijuu?  ;)

Then this is my new proposed plan then. We add the Gedo Mazo to the voting list, bringing the things on there to 11. And then we elongate the deadline from Wednesday to Friday or Saturday. If you want to treat it like a bijuu, then I say treat him like a bijuu.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 27, 2016, 09:06:33 PM »

Also,

1. 14 day limit, yay
2. Carry Over
3. ooc
4. Bracket
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 09:07:41 PM by Genesis »

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2016, 09:41:25 PM »

Alright, fair enough, Genny >>

And I'm not council but I like that newly suggested plan, so yay to that > : D

But that would also beg the question, could I put in a second challenge for it and fight for it, since it would be a late addition? And not just myself but anyone else already fighting a beast? o.o

I'm sure a lot of people would want the Mazo, maybe. So I can imagine it would get a lot of people fighting over it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 09:42:12 PM by Athos »
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2016, 09:48:43 PM »

Alright, fair enough, Genny >>

And I'm not council but I like that newly suggested plan, so yay to that > : D

But that would also beg the question, could I put in a second challenge for it and fight for it, since it would be a late addition? And not just myself but anyone else already fighting a beast? o.o

I'm sure a lot of people would want the Mazo, maybe. So I can imagine it would get a lot of people fighting over it.

If it's gonna be treated exactly like a "biju" second challenges shouldn't be allowed, since it's no different than the rest. 1 challenge per person, people should be able to switch to the mazo should they wish though.

Although the other members have to vote, Chinote was of the opinion it be locked until the rest are distributed.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2016, 10:25:33 PM »

I think we should worry about the re-distribution of the other eight bijuu, before we start talking about distributing the Gedo Mazo. After all, come next week we can start tackling this topic and set up either a gamemaster-controlled event or a player vs player bracket with the winner receiving the Gedo Mazo as a prize.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 15 queries.