Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: [Bijuu Council] Agenda #3 - All of the things  (Read 18357 times)

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
Re: [Bijuu Council] Agenda #3 - All of the things
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2016, 05:19:53 PM »

1. Wait, the a few members of the community see no problem with an alt competing. I personally believe no alts should be able to compete, but alts can compete. The idea is that the player has to take on the burden on taking on two fights, and we won't be accommodating that person at all.

2. And when it comes to judges, I want the community (or just the contestants) to vote on 5 people that can judge. If a fight happens and a judge is needed, they will pick one of the five. I believe that sounds sound.

3. When it comes to the rule, I do believe it should be more strict than the traditional rules, like you said. Here's my take on the rules.
- 7 day inactivity results in forfeit
- Limit fights (So what you said). I guess they're like modes. So 20 post limit or 2/3 week limit.
- Basically, no "until one side can't fight". This is SL, both sides can fight for an eternity if needed be. Basically if one of the two challengers doesn't 'win' within the limit agreed upon, a judge will have to judge the match...basically counting hits and what not.

This isn't perfect at all. I suggest we open up the floor to the community.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2016, 11:56:14 PM »

I'm adamantly against giving people a second challenge. If they want to make the 10 Tails once all is said and done, then they can go for it. But for now, we should be focused on a fair distribution. Letting someone make new accounts and saying they're all god-tier for the sake of using this as a means to gather all the Bijuu at once isn't exactly fair. They can challenge for one like everyone else, or not participate.

We GMs are volunteering our help to GM the Bijuu. Originally, I had thought this would be handled by the council and then we GMs would maintain our focus on the main village boards. However with two council members, you would be struggling with that many fights. Any person would.

Do we really need a vote if they're offering their service? We clearly have a capable pool that has been deemed fit by the powers and people.

Alright, let's decide on a set limit. 20 posts and 2 weeks, or 20 posts and 3 weeks? Any other numbers? I'd prefer 2 for the sake of time, but I understand some people might have busier schedules, so I see no problem with 3.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2016, 01:06:15 AM »

The refresh button just owned my original response, so out of frustation I'll have to make this one short:

1) Yay to Kayenta's method. I got no real alternative to offer.

2) No NPC's nor alts is my vote.

3) One challenger per player is my vote also.

4) Nay to community voting for GM's, we already have GM's nominated and voted on by the community, it would be redundant to do it again.

I think I covered the relevent bases. Any I miss let me know.

Now as for limits:

- 10 rounds, 1 post per player per round (for a total of 10 posts per player, INCLUDING entry posts) or 14 days, whichever is shorter.

- The standard biju rule zonin etiquettes, where the judge is the final word and nothing more, is in effect. No reposts, no second chances, what you post is what is sent out into the world.

- Each and every player who particpates must have a bio prior to the start of the fight that references ALL abilities that are accessible to the player during the fight for reference. If said bio is "private" then it must be set to public and not be altered during the fight. Breaking this regiulation is grounds for dissmissal and forfeit of the match.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2016, 01:44:08 AM »

The refresh button just owned my original response, so out of frustation I'll have to make this one short:

1) Yay to Kayenta's method. I got no real alternative to offer.

2) No NPC's nor alts is my vote.

3) One challenger per player is my vote also.

4) Nay to community voting for GM's, we already have GM's nominated and voted on by the community, it would be redundant to do it again.

I think I covered the relevent bases. Any I miss let me know.

Now as for limits:

- 10 rounds, 1 post per player per round (for a total of 10 posts per player, INCLUDING entry posts) or 14 days, whichever is shorter.

- The standard biju rule zonin etiquettes, where the judge is the final word and nothing more, is in effect. No reposts, no second chances, what you post is what is sent out into the world.

- Each and every player who particpates must have a bio prior to the start of the fight that references ALL abilities that are accessible to the player during the fight for reference. If said bio is "private" then it must be set to public and not be altered during the fight. Breaking this regiulation is grounds for dissmissal and forfeit of the match.

First off, welcome back Eric. You were gone two days but SL imploded on that time lol.

I agree with all that except the usage of alts.

So the vote for the usage of alts is currently 2v1, nay leading.

Second, you want the GMs to judge the matches? I sorta dig the idea.

As for your limits, I dig that too. But I suggest we open the floor to the community. They should have input on the rules.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2016, 02:40:35 AM »

... As for your limits, I dig that too. But I suggest we open the floor to the community. They should have input on the rules.

The way this thread had played out earlier I had assumed that the floor had been opened already. Sure, as I said in another post, making all the decision isn't really our task anyways.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2016, 10:14:53 PM »

Well, if they don't contribute, we should keep the ball moving.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2016, 01:38:46 AM »

I think just make threads for people to volunteer to GM or judge and then the council can pick GMs from there, the contestants can agree on one of those judges for their match.

Not all official SL GMs find bijuu troubles enjoyable and it is a bit much to request they take that duty on. It can be highly stressful and time consuming which had the potential to take away time from their SL GM duties for the community at large. In short, the SL GMs are responsible for more RP than just bijuu things and may not be able to dedicate the concentration of time this bijuu challenge event requires of them at this time.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2016, 01:44:27 AM »

I think just make threads for people to volunteer to GM or judge and then the council can pick GMs from there, the contestants can agree on one of those judges for their match.

Not all official SL GMs find bijuu troubles enjoyable and it is a bit much to request they take that duty on. It can be highly stressful and time consuming which had the potential to take away time from their SL GM duties for the community at large. In short, the SL GMs are responsible for more RP than just bijuu things and may not be able to dedicate the concentration of time this bijuu challenge event requires of them at this time.

I honestly didn't want to bother them and planned on doing it all myself if I had to, but Koji posted saying they'd volunteer I think in Athos' original thread, so it's not like we're telling or forcing them to do it.

Found it;
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,9045.msg231517.html#msg231517
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 01:52:16 AM by Chinote »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2016, 01:48:43 AM »

Keito and others will GM if need be. A few of them wouldn't mind being a judge either I'm sure.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2016, 02:39:38 AM »

I like the limitations for each match. Keep it neat. Even if no winner is achieved at the end, the judge can explain his decision in his post when he declares a winner. I see 10 posts proposed, I see 20 posts proposed.

Split the difference and say 15 each? That would certainly give each person their entry post and not detract from the drama by having to speed the match forward in a limited number of rounds.

if there are GM led matches...they should be held to the same criteria...of course, the end result is a bijuu being awarded.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2016, 02:47:27 AM »

I think 20 posts is fair.

15 is an odd number mind you. :P
15 ÷ 2 ≠ 10 posts for each participant.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2016, 02:54:00 AM »

i love you shadow....

15 posts EACH = 30 posts.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2016, 03:02:05 AM »

I'd personally say move down to 10 posts per person (Perhaps excluding intro posts).

That and as Eric and Chinote say, put a 2 week or longer time cap, else some of these biju wont be redistributed for awhile.

As for judges for the fight, like I said before, just a general list of good judges, or people who want to judge will do. Than contestants can pick and continue on.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2016, 03:31:55 AM »

I can also see how 10 posts + an entry post each would stream line the process.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2016, 06:42:48 PM »

So, 10 posts each (20 posts in all; excluding intro posts) with a time limit of 2-3 weeks?

Mind you, this is for 1v1 fights. Unless if you guys want to include all out brawls...Kay, you brought this up in the other thread.

Now speaking about judges, Eric has said only the GMs should be judges while Trev has said a "general list of good judges, or people who want to judge will do. Than contestants can pick and continue on." Does that mean voting on judges?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.