Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: [Bijuu Council] Agenda #3 - All of the things  (Read 18358 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: [Bijuu Council] Agenda #3 - All of the things
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2016, 06:51:59 PM »

Depends on how complicated you want to make things.

Just finding people willing to be judges could be burdensome enough without going through an election process.

As per bijuu match rules for judging, it is my feeling that consensus between the participants is enough. Who are they willing to accept as a judge for their match and abide by their rulings?

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2016, 08:56:29 PM »

Hosts and challengers have been able to decide upon a judge up until now so why don't we keep that system going? Just let the participants pick the judge?
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2016, 09:30:11 PM »

I feel the same way, let the contestants pick as it has always been. I was just wondering if we should make a list of people that want to judge this, as I imagine some might not. Also some of the contestants I've never seen fight before, so idk if they know who are usually used and is willing to be a judge, etc. But if the fighters can do it between themselves with no reference, then it's whatever.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2016, 10:39:48 PM »

If they don't need a Judge, so be it. But if they need a Judge, they'll pick from a list. We decide that list.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2016, 11:00:32 PM »

I agree more with Shadow and Trev, but we might as well just vote on it and the other things. I'd like to put a lid on this batch before opening a new one, and there's still about 4 more things we need to decide on before we close the sign ups and get things going.

Council Only
Allow participants to choose their own judge or appoint a panel of judges ourselves for them to choose from.

My vote is for those involved to find their own judge. No reason to upset the status quo there. Both parties have to agree on the judge, so it should remain just as fair, if not more so than picking from a proverbial hat.

Rules for non-GM'd fights: 10 posts each, not to exceed 14 days time. 7 days without a post is a forfeit. Fights that reach the limit without a clear winner will be left to a judge's decision.

Yay or nay.

I vote yay.

I'll wait until this vote's over to bring up a new batch of topics, but noting them so we remember to take care of them asap.

-OOC vs IC fights (brought up by community)
-Challenge carry over (Athos)
-Start times (Ace)
-Free-for-all vs brackets (community)

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2016, 12:14:44 AM »

1. Stick with status quo, yay.

2. Yay. But that excludes intro posts in the post limit.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2016, 06:15:31 AM »

I also would say continue to allow them to choose their own judges.

And also, yes. (Technically 11 posts per person)

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2016, 07:35:57 AM »

Alright, that's 3-0 for both. Eric can voice his opinion, but unless anyone changes their vote, it stands.

Those participating in non-GM'd fights will choose their own judges, like  a regular Bijuu challenge. They will have 10 posts each, or 14 days to fight. Anyone who does not post in 7 days automatically forfeits.

Alright, new stuff.

UettoSenju raises an interesting point on defensive-builds being sorta shafted in the 10 post limit. Should we make it so that fights can exceed the 10 post limit so long as they stay within 14 days? They're still finishing on time, and if both are active, should result in matches not coming to a judge's decision, or at least to an easier one.
So, I guess what I'm say is;

Allow fights to go until the 14 day limit regardless of post count. Yay or nay?

I'll say yay. It won't hurt to let them go until the wire, since the less-active fights will anyways.

Next one's pretty simple, OOC or IC fights? In traditional challenge's, it's left to the participants, but this isn't really traditional. I'd rather see people go all out to reach their goal anyways, so I think OOC would be better for this. It's not often we have 9 beats up for grabs, might as well make it a show.

OOC or IC fights?

My vote is OOC.

I hadn't thought of this one, but Athos brought it up to me, and I figured it's worth settling now.

Should the challenges made carry over into the new host's tenure?

The current rules state you can only challenge the same host once every 3 months, provided you lose. With most of the fights being 1-on-1, the result isn't likely to change if they challenge the same person right away. Though, it's not necessarily covered, since they aren't hosts yet. I could go either way on this one, honestly, so I'll hold my vote and see if you guys (Council and/or community) have anything to say.

Next, we have start times. I see a lot of people saying Friday would be good. I'm not opposed to that. The sign up ends on Wednesday, so that gives people Thursday to discuss judges and whatnot with their opponents and also gets things going quickly. It also gives people the weekend to work with right away, which should make things start fast. That sound good? I won't call a vote on this one yet, just in case anyone has other ideas.

Lastly, at least for now, what to do with the Bijuu fights with more than 2 people, mainly the Kyuubi. As it currently stands, someone's going to get off easy and only have to fight once or twice, while the other four have at least two fights, likely three. Right now, the only viable options are to continue the bracket, or have a free-for-all fight. I'm heavily against the free-for-all. With that many people, it's never going to end, and 2 weeks certainly won't be enough. The winner will just end up being the last person to go before someone went inactive, because by that point, no one will be keeping track and they'll be the last one to be automatically forfeit.
With a bracket, it may come down to a bit of luck, but we could always have person 1 vs person 2, person 3 vs person 4. Person 5 gets a first round bye. Then winner of 1-2 vs Person 5 with winner of 3-4 getting a bye. Then winner of 1-2-5 vs winner of 3-4. It's not the best, but at least everyone had to fight at least twice to win. And of course if there's 6, then it'll just look like the NFL playoffs, and 7, the 7th person get a bye then winner of 1-2 vs 3-4, 5-6 vs 7, etc. I doubt it'll get past 8, and that's the easiest to accommodate.

Also, it goes without saying that the bracket will be determined randomly, should it be what we go with.

So,
Bracket Tournament or Free-For-All for challenge groups larger than 2?

My vote is Bracket.

If there's anything else we should go over, feel free to post. This goes for Council and Community.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 07:39:58 AM by Chinote »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2016, 08:08:11 AM »

I say if the participants agree then let them go unlimited posts within 14 days.
All fights are OOC. Don't need to be killing 10 people off at once. .-.

That's a tough one, but I don't think they should be banned for 3 months. Maybe make it 1 instead of 3? Since it's not a traditional fight this time, but I'm sure those who win don't want to fight the same people 2 weeks later.

I say let them start fights now if they want. As said there's really no one else to join. And if there is then they'll be thrown into the next fight to happen. I don't see any harm in it.

For the kyuubi since the votes aren't even, I did a random straw thing. The person with the short straw gets a pass. And in the topic I made the rest of the names for the 2 tails were already ranomized. So just need to re-do the kyuubi unless people don't agree on my straw post being 'legit' or something.

I'll repost it here.

Did a short straw randomizer and recorded it.

https://sendvid.com/r7n6rra8

Straw site:
https://www.dsrw.org/~dlg/web/straws.php?
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2016, 08:15:21 AM »

I say let them start fights now if they want. As said there's really no one else to join. And if there is then they'll be thrown into the next fight to happen. I don't see any harm in it.
Not everyone checks in daily. I don't like the idea of cutting it off now, because from the outside it looks like an attempt to limit participants before people you don't like get a chance to join. I'm sure that's not your intention, but I don't think anyone's going to suffer by waiting the full week. We don't even have all the rules ironed out. Let's not repeat the same mistake of starting things before we figure out what they're going to be. Have some patients. We'll get this done in due time and get it right the first time.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2016, 08:24:51 AM »

Not everyone checks in daily. I don't like the idea of cutting it off now, because from the outside it looks like an attempt to limit participants before people you don't like get a chance to join. I'm sure that's not your intention, but I don't think anyone's going to suffer by waiting the full week. We don't even have all the rules ironed out. Let's not repeat the same mistake of starting things before we figure out what they're going to be. Have some patients. We'll get this done in due time and get it right the first time.

In the other thread I was telling people to wait till at least Wednesday to start their fight due to the rules not being fully formed. I'm 50/50 on this mostly, but that's just because of mine and everyone elses' own eagerness. To go about it with the intent of having things run smoothly, we wait.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2016, 10:59:29 AM »

Let them pick their own judges I agree with.

Defensive loadouts can still get shafted; a 7 day no post period is the forfeit, so say an offensive player does not post for 3 days at a time if his opponent has gone all turtle on him. If the judge does not see turtling as a good way to play a biju match, then at the end of the day the player who went on the offensive the most would win.

On the other hand, if a defense can't be broken within the 10 post limit, then the judge might very well consider the defensive player the winner.

1) The 10 post per person limit or the 14 day limit, whichever is shorter for 1v1 fights. I at the least do not want to see this drag out, because as I stated above, defensive players are not necessarily going to get shafted. I see no reason to have these fights go on longer than they have to.

2) OOC fights. Nevermind killing people off, an OOC fight will encourage people that there is not a serious risk for at least trying.

3) Give the new hosts thier grace period, and still have the 3 month period on the loser of the match. Just like a regular biju fight in that regard.

4) For groups larger than 2 but less than say 5, I think a free-for-all with adjusted times is the better choice. The forfeit post count would be moved down to 3 days, but the overall time count would add 2 days for each participant over 2 (I.E, 14 days for 3 people, 16 days for 4 people, etc.) The winner is determined by the judge.

Only way I would suggest a bracket tournament is if all of those wanting a biju were put into the bracket, and the top 2 or 3 get to choose which biju they want while the rest either go home empty handed or take what is left. Otherwise, I think a bracket is kind of unecessary, since to my knowledge we're not looking at any one biju having more than 4-ish people vying for it (I notice the 9-tails has 5 atm, which under my suggestion would extend the overall fight time to 20 days) so a free-for-all would kill all the birds in a single fight.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2016, 06:51:52 PM »

I would vote that it is acceptable for the fights to go over the post limit within the 14 days. I myself have a more defense-heavy build, so it's kind of cool to see consideration for that.

OOC fights are good. Death always gets weird here and there's no reason for us to pile up a bunch of corpses from this.

I don't think challenges made should carry over. If those that lose these upcoming matches think they can do better a second time, there's no reason they can't re-issue a new challenge after the grace period of whoever the winners turn out to be.

Bracket/Brawl is tough for me. People can say I'm crazy but I do like to believe that it is possible for a nice melee to occur. But, for the sake of organization, the bracket is obviously better. So I would say bracket excepting any match where the participants unanimously decide they would like a brawl. (I wouldn't want anyone to feel forced into one)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2016, 09:11:13 PM »

I agree that if the contestants want a free for all, or even three of them...that this be permitted.

I agree that 14 days be the cap for each event, again up to the members of that match to exceed 10 posts each...not counting the opener posts.

I disagree that this consideration should differ for the 1v1 matches and the multiple contestant matches. It matters not how many are fighting, all should have the same options.

As for challenge carry over to new hosts. No. This is a contest. No one is a current host being challenged for anything. The council is being challenged. There is nothing to inherit.

And after each winner gets his beast, he gets his grace period for settling in with his beast. He can opt to wave this, as per the rules, but no challenges should be made until he posts on what date his grace period ends in his very own bijuu rule/preferences thread. and if he waves the grace period, that should also be noted in that personal thread.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 09:12:39 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2016, 10:13:50 PM »

Helloooo

You may ignore me, or consider my words. This is all up to you. At this point I am not even sure, whether I am still part of the council, or not.

However. With the Bijuu more or less free, wouldn't this be the best time to revise the rules?
I know what you think.

Why, should we? This is too much work.

Work that we should consider. The Bijuu are supposed to be the biggest entities out there. And yet we handle them like trophies. They are less worth than Pokemon. How do we gain them? Mostly out of character.

I remember , our main issue was inactivity, and thus people hogging a Bijuu. But i do not think this should be the main reason for them to be handled OOC , only.

We fight and use them OOC. In fact, they are nonexistent on SL. After all, we only use them outside the actual game. So why do we even bicker and fight for them? They have no actual relevance, they are less worth than a badge or rank. At least right now as they are.

I say get them out of the Forum, entirely. Use them on SL only. Have mods and Gms watch over them. We can still handle something with the activity, have a blog if it has to be, but all challenges, all fights should be IC. Look or them IC. Fight for them IC.

Your character gets hurt? Gets injured? Well, perhaps it makes your character a better one?
This is roleplay. A character gets hurt, crippled even. A character may change over the course of time. This is how it is. This is the Thrill. You may attempt to plan ahead, but who says this will go your way?

In fact, it may just go a whole nother course!

I suggest waiting with the Bijuu right now. Have them on a Hold for distribution. I mean, they are not that important right now, so it shouldn't be too harmful to any player. Think of better and simpler rules, therefore giving newbies a chance as well.

Another Idea. The Bijuu just got free, why not have an event where they go rampage and attack villages and places? Then you can test ICly who would be up for it and who not. Wouldn't this be exciting?

Fodder for thought...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.