Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Biju rules?  (Read 2869 times)

Trev

• View Profile
Biju rules?
« on: September 19, 2016, 07:00:26 PM »

So I'm not sure if this thread goes here, or the biju rules subsection, so sorry if it doesn't go here, a mod will move it if not.

Anyway, I have the Yonbi now and my grace has started. I was looking over the biju rules as I haven't really followed this new system too closely, was fighting Bocc more for fun than winning the Yonbi. But I noticed in the new rules it doesn't say Edo Tensei zombies can't seal a biju inside them.

Was this taken out of the previously rules? I know some edits were made, like how you can now enhance the biju as a summon which you couldn't before. Or was it an accident that was never discussed, or just not put in the wiki?

I personally think unbound Edo Tensei's should be able too, but I'm biased as summoning a biju sucks. I know the council has a lot on it's plate, but please answer me before my grace ends in 2 weeks!!!
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Biju rules?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 07:06:21 PM »

The rules on here haven't been updated in a while, but the rules on the Wikipedia however have been constantly updated, whenever necessary. (I'll probably go updated the rules on the forum sometimes this afternoon.)

ET zombies can have bijuus, but according to the rules. You cannot host it and can only have it as a summon.

◾ ET Zombies are allowed to declare official Jinchūriki challenges but are not allowed to be a host.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 07:07:17 PM by Camel »

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 07:12:35 PM »

Oh, I see now. You guys have it on the ET page on the wiki, but not the biju rules page. I figured as much anyway, can't blame me for trying. Thanks Camel

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 08:05:14 PM »

Honestly, I'm kinda glad that this was brought up again... For the first time in forever*cue Frozen music*

So yeah, what Trev said in the first post. I think that unbound Edo should be able to have Bijuu sealed inside them. I am pretty sure the rules are there so that no one could pull an Obito with beasts and edo.

But if it is an unbound Edo, a PC, then why not? They get no boosts from the Bijuu, seeing as they already have endless chakra o.o it would just be for the mastery perks and RP(maybe).

I dunno. Just curious, maybe get a talk on it going.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 08:13:33 PM »

Kamui:
Are these not the updated rules for bijuu that were voted on here when we got together to craft a set of comprehensive rules?

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8791.0.html

And are the rules on the wikia these rules? They should be. For these are the official Bijuu rules.

Trev:
in the forum section...All Things BIjuu http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/board,56.0.html there is a section to create threads for rule discussion, another section for council rule discussion.

If we wish to make this an official bijuu rule discussion thread, I would request that this thread be moved to that RULE creation section, in order to keep things well organized.

here...
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/board,58.0.html

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 08:22:43 PM »

I'm not opposed to discussing this, in fact I'd like to (Once again Biased)

Also thank you Kay for the future reference. I'm getting old xD

But would this go under that section? As I recall now, this was never technically a biju rule. This was originally an Edo Tensei rule, where it was discussed by the community and agree upon by it.

So does this now fall under the council's jurisdiction as it is biju related? Or is it just the community in general, and if approved just an edit being made to the thread Zojin made listing the Edo rules?

Doesn't matter to me, I have no preference. If it does belong under the thread you suggest Kay, a mod can move it. Just wondering.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 08:34:12 PM »

Kamui:
Are these not the updated rules for bijuu that were voted on here when we got together to craft a set of comprehensive rules?

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8791.0.html

And are the rules on the wikia these rules? They should be. For these are the official Bijuu rules.

However we are talking about Edo Tensei rules. You are talking about rules concerning bijuu and their respective Jinchūriki. The council can discuss it as much as they want, but it's like Trev said. The rules for Edo Tensei were discussed amongst us as a community and we drafted some rules, then went from there.

And no. Unbounded ET users cannot be hosts. I am firm on keeping it that way. Since it's bad enough that the chakra tax that is included with bijuu summoning really wouldn't apply. I mean, what is twenty percent out of infinity? :oops:

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 08:36:48 PM »

The council does not make Bijuu rules. They enforce them. the community makes bijuu rules and certainly council members can participate in that.

However, if the edo tensei users got together and already created bijuu rules concerning the edo tensei...then they should also be included in the bijuu rule set here.

I would like to see a copy of these edo rules that concern bijuu use so they can be included in the main bijuu rules. Are they listed and current in the thread on this forum made by zojin for edo tensei? I can just copy paste them to the bijuu rules if so, provided they do not conflict with the overall agreed upon bijuu rules.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 08:39:07 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 08:46:39 PM »

It's on the wiki Kay, but also here http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7768.0.html

It's only one rule that concerns biju. But it's not just the users who made it, it was a lot of people and a huge thread that can still be found. Anyone may comment on them or this thread by extension.

Well, I agree and disagree with you Camel. I think they should be able to, though not without regulation.

If allowed, my guidelines would be
Only Unbound Zombies may host. Bound zombies may not. Since Unbound Zombies can't use ET this avoids someone pulling a Obito. Meaning someone like Bocc couldn't have put his biju in his zombies.

Unbound zombies may never use a full transformation. Considering it's a biju rule where you must be transformed to do a biju bomb, this means an edo host can never use a biju bomb.

Basically just give an unbound zombie the right to use their biju's abilities (in my case Yoton) and use the biju cloak.

Heck, take away the v2 cloak, and do the opposite tax of a summon. Biju that are sealed within a zombie, lose 20% of their chakra. While the Edo is infinite, biju are not.

But if people like yourself overwhelmingly hate the idea, than that's all there is to it.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 08:50:36 PM »

Honestly, the rules for Edo Tensei were discussed and made prior to the *new* bijuu rules being introduced into the Wikipedia that was made by Nashley.  Yumei made the ET page and the rules were added around the same month when the discussion for Edo Tensei ended.

I'll start with non-combatant rules that concern bijuu rules first then add a spacer for the combatant rules. (Non-combatant are on top while combatant are on the bottom of the spacer)

◾ ET Zombies are allowed to declare official Jinchūriki challenges but are not allowed to be a host.

-----

◾ Only 1 ET zombie can be summoned per Jinchūriki challenge. 

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 09:06:45 PM »

Well, I agree and disagree with you Camel. I think they should be able to, though not without regulation.

Instead of regulation, it would make more sense for some sort of prerequisite for even a unbounded Edo Tensei zombie to even possess a bijuu inside of them. Think of how Minato earned his bijuu transformation cloak in his death, thanks to the Death Reaper Seal sealing the yin-half of Kurama's chakra inside of him.   

If allowed, my guidelines would be
Only Unbound Zombies may host. Bound zombies may not. Since Unbound Zombies can't use ET this avoids someone pulling a Obito. Meaning someone like Bocc couldn't have put his biju in his zombies.

I wasn't aware that Bocchiere put his bijuu inside his zombies. I could've sworn that he just made contracts with these zombies in order to use them as summon without little no chakra tax effect due to the endless supply of chakras. The only thing that made up for it was that when you have bijuu out as a summon, you can only use defensive moves.

Unbound zombies may never use a full transformation. Considering it's a biju rule where you must be transformed to do a biju bomb, this means an edo host can never use a biju bomb.

Basically just give an unbound zombie the right to use their biju's abilities (in my case Yoton) and use the biju cloak.

Heck, take away the v2 cloak, and do the opposite tax of a summon. Biju that are sealed within a zombie, lose 20% of their chakra. While the Edo is infinite, biju are not.

But if people like yourself overwhelmingly hate the idea, than that's all there is to it.

If you want support, just make another thread concerning the usage of passive abilities of each bijuu after the extraction and vice-versa. I witnessed former Jinchūriki use the abilities that they used to have as that beast's host in the past.

Ironically I don't hate the idea, I just think the math is broken when it comes to even approaching the idea of sealing a bijuu inside an Edo Tensei. Think about it. Twenty-percent of a bijuu's chakras, still leaves me with an infinite amount of chakras as an Edo Tensei zombie.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 09:08:30 PM by Camel »

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 10:17:18 PM »

Bocc never did that, it was just an example as he was a person with many zombies and many biju.

I'm more concerned with the cloak personally, don't know how others feel. I only half mastered the Yonbi, so as far as I'm concerned, I have no right to passive abilities.

I see that dilemma, if I can't change your mind that's all there is to it man. But I've said what I wanted to and cause some basic nerfs to consider. Nothing more than to wait for others to chime in. 

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 11:36:37 PM »

Edo Tenseis are functionally immortal, have limitless stamina, and depending on teh whims of the summoner, may come with a wide variety of transplants already. I'm with Kamui, no Edo Tensei zombie jinchurikii nor masters.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2016, 11:49:58 PM »

Edo Tenseis are functionally immortal, have limitless stamina, and depending on teh whims of the summoner, may come with a wide variety of transplants already. I'm with Kamui, no Edo Tensei zombie jinchurikii nor masters.

They can also completely be immobilized for 3 long turns by cutting off a limb. Also any transplant given to a zombie, means that said zombie has given up a power to receive said implant.

But like I said, if the community hates it, nothing to be done about it. Right now it's 2-2, so I'll invite more people to create a dialog. If it starts to turn into an overwhelming no, I'll just lock this here thread.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2016, 11:59:50 PM »

On SL there is no difference between being a zombie and being alive. Both have limitless chakra. >>
Then we have people who claim immortality and can't die.

To be honest everyone is already an edo, except alive and able to host a bijuu.

At first glance I say no, but I also read Trev's proposed guidelines and I wouldn't be against it with a little more polish.

So it's a yes if the rules for an edo being a host are more streamlined.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 16 queries.