Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: [The SL Open] Challenger Thread  (Read 19690 times)

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
Re: [The SL Open] Challenger Thread
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2016, 09:18:14 PM »

Multiple fights don't work. Also that would directly interfere with trying to do this quickly. This one multi fight would take weeks even if done by the rules.

I hate to be needlessly despondent, but when regarding the Bijuu, nothing tends to move quickly. If all participants agree to a Big Brawl, I do not see any reason, nor do I see any residing power that has the authority to tell them they cannot. Strictly speaking about the battle itself, it would provide large benefits to those who understand the rules of engagement, and would penalize those who don't. Would also give those who believe they are less equipped an easier way to take down an opponent who has been worn down from slaying another participant. :D Since nobody currently has a bijuu sealed within them, no way to claim enough chakra to fight 2 or 3 'equal' opponents without tiring.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2016, 09:37:41 PM »

I don't think a giant brawl would be good, as I prefer 1v1 style bracket (Although brackets are problematic if you don't have easy numbers to deal with; 2,4,8,16, etc)

But if everyone in said match agrees, I say they should be allowed to, but all must agree. I'd hate to be the judge for that match though. So many complaints, and god forbid it reach the post limit. It's hard enough for a judge to decide the winner between two people, nevermind more. It also could create an unfair fight, if participants in said brawl decide to team up before facing each other at the end. Someone could potentially be walking into a 3 v 1 right off the bat.

Edit addition. Also for a group fight, other things have to be considered, like the time limit of the fight. If the fights only last 2-3 weeks, and seven days are allowed between post. Well, you may only get like up to 5 posts total before the limit is hit >.>

But that's just me being a pessimistic. If the combatants want it, I say go for it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 10:11:44 PM by Trev »
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2016, 10:36:22 PM »

Ohhhhh yes. Rikudou for the nine tails. Formerly known as Ryoji.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2016, 10:37:42 PM »

You would <_<
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2016, 10:42:11 PM »

You would <_<

I mean...just look at the competition. Why wouldn't I want to take candy from babies?

-Jeffrey dahmer

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2016, 10:48:13 PM »

You would <_<

I mean...just look at the competition. Why wouldn't I want to take candy from babies?

Oi, oi. Didn't you father ever tell you that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all? ;p
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2016, 10:50:07 PM »

I don't think a giant brawl would be good, as I prefer 1v1 style bracket (Although brackets are problematic if you don't have easy numbers to deal with; 2,4,8,16, etc)

But if everyone in said match agrees, I say they should be allowed to, but all must agree. I'd hate to be the judge for that match though. So many complaints, and god forbid it reach the post limit. It's hard enough for a judge to decide the winner between two people, nevermind more. It also could create an unfair fight, if participants in said brawl decide to team up before facing each other at the end. Someone could potentially be walking into a 3 v 1 right off the bat.

Edit addition. Also for a group fight, other things have to be considered, like the time limit of the fight. If the fights only last 2-3 weeks, and seven days are allowed between post. Well, you may only get like up to 5 posts total before the limit is hit >.>

But that's just me being a pessimistic. If the combatants want it, I say go for it.

Maybe some rules should be set for multi-fights for biju brawls if they become a thing. I mean we've been seeing 2v2's so it's not too far of a stretch. Stricter time constraints calls out to me. And truth be told, multi fights may wind up being quick. After all, that's quite a bit of detail to remember, as well as a lot of possible opposition/god killing moves to work against with just the three move limit. But hell, like you said, a possible 3v1 could happen, or a 2v1. That seems like it could be a lil' scurrrry. BACK YOU FIENDS!  :smt068

My preference is a 1v1, but i'm down if everyone else is...Just a little off topic.
Lol I'm hungry.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2016, 11:43:58 PM »

I'm down for a free for all of the others are. I don't care really.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 01:45:50 AM by UettoSenju »

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2016, 12:26:01 AM »

So something just occurred in the nine tails bracket. There are five people now. In the case the free for all doesn't occur or a sixth doesn't apply, how do we determine who gets a bye?

That's an open question to all of you.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2016, 12:35:56 AM »

So something just occurred in the nine tails bracket. There are five people now. In the case the free for all doesn't occur or a sixth doesn't apply, how do we determine who gets a bye?

Draw straws or a randomizer?
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2016, 12:37:25 AM »

Might drop out if that's the case. Don't wanna do a free for all because it's a cluster-fudge.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2016, 02:10:28 AM »

Might drop out if that's the case. Don't wanna do a free for all because it's a cluster-fudge.

That would be unfortunate. lmao no balls

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 25, 2016, 02:37:39 AM »

That would be unfortunate. lmao no balls

Well, I just got word from my job. I won't be working for the next few weeks, so now I have plenty of time if a free-for-all was to go down. Was rather sudden of them, but I ain't complaining.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 02:38:05 AM by Nathan »

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 25, 2016, 03:34:38 AM »

I'm down for a game of BR.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 25, 2016, 06:10:20 AM »

One of the many problems. Use a randomizer to give someone a bye, or make one match a triple threat. It's not gonna be fair unless its break to an easy number 2,4,8,16, etc
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 20 queries.