Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ninja: Shinobi Legend [Help topic]  (Read 9231 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Ninja: Shinobi Legend [Help topic]
« on: November 15, 2016, 02:46:57 AM »

So for those who want to try to do this system, you can post all your questions here.
I hope we get some action and have some fun.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Ninja: Shinobi Legend [Help topic]
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 03:05:16 AM »

So...what does that mean...new dot? On the character sheet?

ATTRIBUTES: 5-4-3 [1/1] [new dot: x 5]

That is how much it costs to add points into an attribute, after character creation. Points are earned through RP as experience points.

And that is a whole other topic in and of itself. How do you earn points?

if you participate in an RP, you should get at least 1 experience point.
After completing ranked missions for your village, should earn you additional experience points.
These things can be fleshed out later.

For now we just want to see how we can get a handle on combat. Ranking up your character can be dealt with another time.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 08:12:03 AM »

I feel like this link needs to be added to the character sheet thread.

http://wodpedia.wikidot.com/skills
http://wodpedia.wikidot.com/attributes

It explains each skill and attribute. Cause at first I had no clue what Animal Ken meant.

Of course since it was edited for Ninja may do better to just copy and paste over each description and add ones for ninja.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 08:18:20 AM by Shadow, the template guy »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 08:30:47 AM »

Thank you Shadow. I will add the links!

Currently I am compiling a list of additional merits a person can choose from.

as you can tell, there are things that need tweaking. And it will take the efforts of those who feel up to the task to feret them all out.

already I have things I wish to change, or add.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 06:11:25 AM »

wonderful! I added it to the player's handbook thread.

now ...go make a character sheet and give this thing a spin round the block. lol

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 07:28:14 AM »

wonderful! I added it to the player's handbook thread.

now ...go make a character sheet and give this thing a spin round the block. lol

I regret needing to colorize it.....

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 12:51:54 PM »

So for those who want to try to do this system, you can post all your questions here.

What's going on? What system are you guys talking about?

Nvm, I see what system you're talking about now. Where are the characters under this system being trial ran at?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 12:54:16 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 10:16:23 PM »

How do I distribute my stat points? Each section, Attributes and Skills, lists the number of points you get at character creation. new dot is how much it costs to level up later on. [1/1] is the cost of dots to points at character creation. We will discuss the cost of leveling later as it is individualized based on the item in question.

ATTRIBUTES: 5-4-3 [1/1] [new dot: x 5]

so you have to put 5 dots in one section of attribute, 4 in another, and 3 in the last. for this section. Physical, social, and mental.

SKILLS: 11-7-4 [1/1] [new dot: x 3]

11, 7, and 4...you choose which of the three sections get 11 dots, which gets 7, and which gets 4. those sections being physical, social, and mental.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 10:24:47 PM »

What's going on? What system are you guys talking about?

Nvm, I see what system you're talking about now. Where are the characters under this system being trial ran at?

I think where to RP like this is up to those who are doing it. Hiro Toranaga and I did a test run here on the forum...a demonstration fight. But we fully intend to try out a pay zone on SL to use those die rollers too.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 10:36:45 PM »

So...how do you compensate those without a bloodline?

As it stands, you get 7 points for bloodlines at character creation. I meant to change this. That is way too OP if we think of this template as acads or genin for starting characters. It should be closer to 2 points starting out.

But whatever. The larger point here is not everyone is going to have a bloodline, whatever the starting points end up being.

So what do we give those? We already have custom clans, I chose two...Hizashi and Kayenta. But a person without bloodline inheritances...

The could use and equalizer set of powers for this section of their character sheet. Things that make them unique...Like they are not human. So demon stuff, or vampire stuff, or robot stuff, or Zetsu stuff...or like Lee...he had specialized training.

So picking two clan equivalent abilities should even this out. just submit a description for clarification on what it does.

We will figure out how to build characters that better represent the years of experience you have in game. For now, I am just trying to figure out what creating a new character looks like, so we have a base to build from.

in the interest of these trial RPs, I humbly ask those participating to cut back their clan dots to 2. Later once we figure out how to do it, you can rank up to your actual abilities.

like right now? Kay can't even do B rank suiton. I mean...let's get real. Hiro is strong and all, but he really shouldn't be cleaning the floor with me...
[ties Hiro up and silences his objections to the contrary.]

For now...I am going to edit the template back to 2 dots for clans stuff. sorry. its all WIP at this point.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 11:02:06 PM »

Should we make an approved thread for character sheets. As it stands if more people join I think that will be a good idea.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 11:09:36 PM »

Should we make an approved thread for character sheets. As it stands if more people join I think that will be a good idea.

I think that would be a good idea. I want to allow room for people to make substitutions for skills and merits, the clan/bloodline issue, I wish to change merits to justu/custom ability...and list merits as other things...like the more physical and mental merits that are not ninja specific...later on.

So having a place...I think what we should do is have each person make their own character sheet thread. then everything about there character can be discussed there...and any adjustments they wish to make can be submitted and approved in their own thread. and this will work for when it is time to level up as well. they just post the rank ups they want and someone checks it out and approves it, then they can go ahead and edit their first post which contains their official character sheet.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 11:16:53 PM »

Would need another sub category added for it then. So it doesn't flood the main one.

HiroToranaga

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2016, 11:17:41 PM »

like right now? Kay can't even do B rank suiton. I mean...let's get real. Hiro is strong and all, but he really shouldn't be cleaning the floor with me...
[ties Hiro up and silences his objections to the contrary.]
(Glares from his tied up position in the corner)

So...how do you compensate those without a bloodline?

Perhaps we could change up the merits section. Put the jutsu skills in their own section and maybe combine clans and other merits. That way a person who wants special bloodlines puts their merit points in those character traits and those who don't can put those points in more generic traits.

I'm cool with approval threads even if it is just to make sure the points are spent correctly.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 21 queries.