Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Gedo Mazo FFA logistics (for participating members only)  (Read 22985 times)

Trev

• View Profile
Re: Gedo Mazo FFA logistics (for participating members only)
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2016, 03:27:06 AM »

If I end up being the judge, I can tell you what you'll be graded on >> I've imposed a boxing Esque scorecard system that I've used for about 3 fights now.

I'd still prefer to have it just be to the death at this point, but if we must do it this way then yeah I'd love to know your grading system.

I'll post it should I ever get confirmed as the judge, and should you guys choose to go down this route. So far, the straight up death match isn't out of place yet. My grading system is for fights that have an end date/ the contestants choose to not continue.

Just replying to others, that I can make it known what I'll grade you on, so it won't be a mystery.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2016, 05:22:49 AM »

Good idea, but there is one problem. This fight is supposed to be a FFA, your idea isn't exactly FFA. It's team death match with free-for-all at the end. I mean, your heart was in the right place, but our situation here is different. If I compared both, your idea will even more time consuming than this FFA, which is something that we are trying to avoid here.

Yeah, it probably would be more time consuming. Infinity + infinity vs infinity + infinity is the same answer as infinity + infinity + infinity + infinity.

Infinite avenues, jutsus, chakras, etc. 
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2016, 06:11:31 AM »

- The Mazou will not take place in the fighting. It will be awarded to the winner.
- The stage that this FFA will take place will be at the Mountain's Graveyard.
- Weather conditions for this FFA will be sunny clear skies with an average temperature of 72°
- There will be no limit of posts per combatant, but the entry posts must be made by each participant before the combat actually starts. (No attacking on the first post.)
- Participants must post every forty-eight hours.
- Failure to post within the allotted time-slot is an automatic disqualification. (No skips, if you fail to post. You should've made the time to post and that is that.)

I went ahead and made some revisions to include weather conditions. Honestly, I can see this battle ending before we even reach the posting cap, due to the time limit that will hopefully keep us in check. However I went ahead and did some modifications to the post limit, it should be accommodating to all of us by now.

I 100% agree with all of this.

Also, I am 100% ok with Trev being the judge.

I am more inclined "to the death" for this FFA than a "point" system. Because, like Kamui said, having the 48hr restriction is the key to the speed of this match. As soon as someone misses their window, then it's a disqualification from the match. Period.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2016, 06:19:47 AM »

Yeah, it probably would be more time consuming. Infinity + infinity vs infinity + infinity is the same answer as infinity + infinity + infinity + infinity.

I did try to find a way to remedy this arbitrary system we have in place :/ If more people could potentially put their input into the whole dice-system, that would be helpful. Or if we just try working together and trying to find another way to come up with a system of sorts instead of just "Who can write the 'best' with whatever abilities they've come up with". Kayenta and I had some good progress going on with it, but because of her family issues and the holidays, I can understand completely that she hasn't been able to spend as much time here. Still hoping the best for her. But, I'm still willing to work with others to try to get a system in place when it comes to RP. It may require a lot of people 'weakening' their characters a bit to make sense of it and to put us all at the same starting point...So I know that would be a tough cookie to chew. But, I feel that without something in place to kind of go by, we're just running in circles going nowhere fast and I'm willing to take cookie.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2016, 07:51:58 AM »

- The Mazou will not take place in the fighting. It will be awarded to the winner.
- The stage that this FFA will take place will be at the Mountain's Graveyard.
- Weather conditions for this FFA will be sunny clear skies with an average temperature of 72°
- There will be no limit of posts per combatant, but the entry posts must be made by each participant before the combat actually starts. (No attacking on the first post.)
- Participants must post every forty-eight hours.
- Failure to post within the allotted time-slot is an automatic disqualification. (No skips, if you fail to post. You should've made the time to post and that is that.)

I went ahead and made some revisions to include weather conditions. Honestly, I can see this battle ending before we even reach the posting cap, due to the time limit that will hopefully keep us in check. However I went ahead and did some modifications to the post limit, it should be accommodating to all of us by now.

I 100% agree with all of this.

Also, I am 100% ok with Trev being the judge.

I am more inclined "to the death" for this FFA than a "point" system. Because, like Kamui said, having the 48hr restriction is the key to the speed of this match. As soon as someone misses their window, then it's a disqualification from the match. Period.

I second these conditions as well as death being a better way to go about it too, especially if there's no limit to the number of posts.

Therefore, a judge should only be there to determine whether a deathblow is credible. If this is done smoothly, then I don't see how this gravy train could derail throughout this event.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2016, 12:08:00 PM »

I did try to find a way to remedy this arbitrary system we have in place :/ If more people could potentially put their input into the whole dice-system, that would be helpful. Or if we just try working together and trying to find another way to come up with a system of sorts instead of just "Who can write the 'best' with whatever abilities they've come up with". Kayenta and I had some good progress going on with it, but because of her family issues and the holidays, I can understand completely that she hasn't been able to spend as much time here. Still hoping the best for her. But, I'm still willing to work with others to try to get a system in place when it comes to RP. It may require a lot of people 'weakening' their characters a bit to make sense of it and to put us all at the same starting point...So I know that would be a tough cookie to chew. But, I feel that without something in place to kind of go by, we're just running in circles going nowhere fast and I'm willing to take cookie.

It will also require learning the system; I've given it some look throughs and while it is straightforward once you get the hang of it, getting the hang of it will be the touch part. Zone fights have been write-offs for a long time, and I gotta say, putting dice in there makes it less of a write-off and more like gambling, but with knowledge on how to make the machine work for you.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2016, 12:53:42 PM »

If you look at Kayenta and Hiro's test battle, it's not exactly gambling. Yes, it's a bit of chance, but at least it gives everyone involved at least a sliver of a chance and keeps people from just writing something completely overpowered or whatever.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2016, 08:35:24 PM »

It will also require learning the system; I've given it some look throughs and while it is straightforward once you get the hang of it, getting the hang of it will be the touch part. Zone fights have been write-offs for a long time, and I gotta say, putting dice in there makes it less of a write-off and more like gambling, but with knowledge on how to make the machine work for you.

If you look at Kayenta and Hiro's test battle, it's not exactly gambling. Yes, it's a bit of chance, but at least it gives everyone involved at least a sliver of a chance and keeps people from just writing something completely overpowered or whatever.

Entirely wrong thread for this idea. Stick to Mazō related discussions, please.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2016, 12:01:18 AM »

I am fine and dandy with Trev being the judge, but before we start trailing off topic here.

I have to ask everyone who is participating, do you want to impose restrictions that are normally seen in bijuu battles? In layman's terms, I am speaking of a void list. I saw a while back that someone suggested that we go all-out to the death, no restrictions in techniques or abilities. Which I am fine with, but I don't know about the rest of you.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2016, 12:28:43 AM »

I am fine and dandy with Trev being the judge, but before we start trailing off topic here.

I have to ask everyone who is participating, do you want to impose restrictions that are normally seen in bijuu battles? In layman's terms, I am speaking of a void list. I saw a while back that someone suggested that we go all-out to the death, no restrictions in techniques or abilities. Which I am fine with, but I don't know about the rest of you.

Eh, that sounds like it would be pretty terrible honestly. I don't know why for this we'd want to let people use Limbo and Izanami and the things we normally void.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2016, 12:35:38 AM »

I don't see why we shouldn't be able to just go all out from the get-go. It's an OOC FFA, after all.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2016, 12:37:47 AM »

If you guys want to have no void list we can have no void list I just think it's gonna be a bad time

Void List: Athos
No Void List: Kamui, Dart

JayJay

• Who the flip is Jay!?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2016, 02:14:15 AM »

I think, the things that had been generally voided, should remain so for this bout. One could still go all out with that general void list, and has been doing so anyway.

If they stand behind you, give them Protection.
If they stand besides you, give them Respect.
If they stand against you, SHOW NO MERCY!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2016, 04:57:13 AM »

we are 2 and 2 then. May i also suggest that we take a break for the holidays? A 2 day limit is going to be pretty brutal during Christmas so may I suggest that from, say, the 23rd of December to the 1st of January no one be required to post? You of course can if you want to, but I think people should also be able to enjoy the holidays without worrying about it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2016, 05:13:15 AM »

I think, the things that had been generally voided, should remain so for this bout. One could still go all out with that general void list, and has been doing so anyway.

I suggest that the general void list be posted at the beginning of the fight, so that it is entirely clear that all the participants are on the same page in that regard.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.