Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Bleach - Interested in a game server?  (Read 19708 times)

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bleach - Interested in a game server?
« on: August 28, 2006, 05:52:01 PM »

So... the subject says everything.

Are you interested? Know people who would be?

if yes, read ahead, if not, drop it:

Pondering *how* you could make such a game, I stumbled across the following issues:

->Races "Quincy", "Shinigami", "Bounto" would work... but here the first problems: Common enemy? If you say hollow -> why should a bounto want to defeat a hollow? Also, quincy <-> shinigami there is much aggression towards the other (and in the series only 1 quincy left...)

->Race "Hollow" ... erm, well, eats souls, like bounto... yet, who would they have to fight? only shinigami are left, but normally, they feast on souls...

----> possible would be to make a "mostly PVP" server... who has NPC guys in the fields maybe... because shinigami <--> hollow fights can't be really any other way (suggestions?)

Places:

-> Shinigami can enter the normal world... and back
-> Quincy can't. And they won't have an agreement with the Shinigami... so -> problem with "travels"
-> bounto -> like in the last episodes, can't travel to Soul Society either

would be some kind of problem.

Also, I think MANY want to do quests... which is simply not possible, because I won't program an adventure ;) only with a team of 10 guys and a year time maybe... but well.

Weapons:
->Hollow has only natural weapons... may consider "get stronger" by eating souls... but (game engine wise) we would need a common currency... souls won't fit basically.
->Shinigami needs no weapon as he has his Zanpakutou ... yet it gets stronger as he does. Shikai is after a certain period "normal" ... Bankai is something in rarity like here the cursed seal would be... except you need more training and there is only the last (ban) stage.
-> quincy has his bow... but can also find tools (quincy power ups) so we might have similar goal: bankai <-> great quincy artifacts
-> bounto has to train his doll...without it, he is virtually defenseless.... yet, could/need time/money/souls...

also, if bounto or quincy enter soul society (as well as shinigami) their power is increased.

Many small problems too I forgot.
It is hard to create such a game...

Therefore .... only serious posts! I will delete any spam post with no content!

If there is enough interest, (as I have really no time at all) I can setup a plain game and need at least 5 people who go through & change the texts... which is ALOT of work.
Believe me.

We can start with the Ichigo BK template we have, but if you (Risuku, Blaze and/or any volunteer) want to make one, help with graphics, you're welcome.

I've rented a new server that should be completed this week, so we can give it a try.

I also have a domain registered which will suit ourselves.

Okay... that's what I wanted to say.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

dude no.1

Re: Bleach - Interested in a game server?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 05:59:08 PM »

well ive never heard of the bleach series since about 2 weeks, in my opinion its too much work, plus their isnt too many naruto servers. maybe you can make a poll on the motd.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 06:05:14 PM »

well, if you read the entire text, it says basically in one sentence:

"I can't do it alone due to the missing time (need to take care for *this server*) and also there are many gameplay troubles that make it very hard to put all the 'races' along with a bit of a storyline into the current game engine... or in any game engine that does not make 4 seperate games out of it"

--> so, I need input and also people who would help +alot+

for what should I poll?

Xaos

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • Alpha Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 08:31:56 PM »

Would we be using the same host we have with ShinobiLegends or would we be using a smaller one first and see where it goes?

And you know me ^.^ If you need help just ask.

dude no.1

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 08:35:25 PM »

oh wait nvm missed a part.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 08:38:54 PM »

Would we be using the same host we have with ShinobiLegends or would we be using a smaller one first and see where it goes?

I need you here too ;)

no, I won't do it on the same host as this one should be only for this game.

I have bought another server for this forum and other stuff I want to have beside the normal server... if one's down, the other one still may hold information.

also safety issue ^^ this will be one server I am doing backups to.

It will be much smaller, I can't tell how many users exactly I can have online at a time. maybe 30-40 should be ok. I don't have the server yet (about end of week I guess).

If the server works out, I'll see if shinobilegends is supporting it with funds ... and if he can pay itself (or even more, or it would be better to upgrade) we can see if this game expands too.

Yet, it is and will be hard to handle for me =)
2 big games alone on the coding side.... hard. =)

(hint: if anybody has a good knowledge of PHP & MySQL -> post!) ^^

Xaos

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • Alpha Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 08:44:07 PM »

I need you here too ;)

no, I won't do it on the same host as this one should be only for this game.

I have bought another server for this forum and other stuff I want to have beside the normal server... if one's down, the other one still may hold information.

also safety issue ^^ this will be one server I am doing backups to.

It will be much smaller, I can't tell how many users exactly I can have online at a time. maybe 30-40 should be ok. I don't have the server yet (about end of week I guess).

If the server works out, I'll see if shinobilegends is supporting it with funds ... and if he can pay itself (or even more, or it would be better to upgrade) we can see if this game expands too.

Yet, it is and will be hard to handle for me =)
2 big games alone on the coding side.... hard. =)

(hint: if anybody has a good knowledge of PHP & MySQL -> post!) ^^

Well I can help still as much I can on both servers ^.^

Changing the text isn't exactly rocket science ^.^ (Or is it >> << >>)

And donations to keep up both servers shouldn't be a problem if they continue as they are. You should have more than enough to keep thios server up for some time :lol:

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 09:09:07 PM »

And donations to keep up both servers shouldn't be a problem if they continue as they are. You should have more than enough to keep thios server up for some time :lol:

Not rocket science ^^ but I wrote some FAQs for it... as it was not THAT clear ^^
also, if you use sophisticated tools, you *need* to know how the text replacement takes place ;) it is not like "edit files" ^^

yes, but I don't know how much of the donations for _shinobilegends.com_ I might/can/should use for another theme based server =) it because people donated to keep _shinobilegends.com_ up ^^ you know what I mean?

And yes, with the current costs, it should keep us up for a while ^^

dude no.1

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 09:15:18 PM »

why not give it a tryand if it doesnt work out like shinobi legends then maybe  you can like give up the thing and erase it, but im only 12 so i dont understand much. if you do make it im willing to help out with the rules by being a mod for comments.

Xaos

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • Alpha Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 09:25:52 PM »

Not rocket science ^^ but I wrote some FAQs for it... as it was not THAT clear ^^
also, if you use sophisticated tools, you *need* to know how the text replacement takes place ;) it is not like "edit files" ^^

yes, but I don't know how much of the donations for _shinobilegends.com_ I might/can/should use for another theme based server =) it because people donated to keep _shinobilegends.com_ up ^^ you know what I mean?

And yes, with the current costs, it should keep us up for a while ^^

Hrmm.

So it's nothing like the items?
I could always see if I can do anything with it or not but it's your choice.

I'm a quick learner after all^.^
(Not when it comes to science though :cry: )
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 09:26:30 PM by Xaos »

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 09:43:45 PM »

^^ I don't have doubts you won't understand the system quickly.

It is not really harder than the items... if you do basic replacing =) I wrote a tool to manage all this replacement stuff (which was originally designed to translate the game... and has this as a goodie) which is...very extensive ;) it took literally months for all functions.
(was my summer last year), also my first big project. (and still work to do).

ok, once we have enough guys AND the server is setup AND we have a good plan HOW to do it (vital thing though) we can start.

Any ideas how to solve the problem? About a game concept based on how the game engine (lotgd) works?

Xaos

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • Alpha Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 09:52:27 PM »

I don't know what we can do with mounts (I've seen the editer so I know some things) but is it possible to make something like a permanent mount and also split the mounts so only certain races can see them? If we can, then we could use those for the Bounto dolls with an infinite buff or something like that.

And for the Quincy and Shinigami, they can have mounts like MOD Souls or something around that baseline.

The battle system could be a problem but you can make it like a forest fighting baseline also. But, if it's possible have the enemy titles like this:

Shinigami: Quincy, Bounto, Hollow
Quincy: Shinigami, Bounto, Hollow
Bounto: Quincy and Shinigami
Hollow: Quincy and Shinigami

Is it possible to have only certain races to see certain forest enemies though?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 09:55:26 PM by Xaos »

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 10:09:42 PM »

I don't know what we can do with mounts (I've seen the editer so I know some things) but is it possible to make something like a permanent mount and also split the mounts so only certain races can see them? If we can, then we could use those for the Bounto dolls with an infinite buff or something like that.

And for the Quincy and Shinigami, they can have mounts like MOD Souls or something around that baseline.

The battle system could be a problem but you can make it like a forest fighting baseline also. But, if it's possible have the enemy titles like this:

Shinigami: Quincy, Bounto, Hollow
Quincy: Shinigami, Bounto, Hollow
Bounto: Quincy and Shinigami
Hollow: Quincy and Shinigami

Is it possible to have only certain races to see certain forest enemies though?

I can do something about the mounts... no big deal.

Also I can restrict travel, no big deal.

mod soul, hm, normally they don't use it... yet they use other shinigami... so well, we *might* buy a squad or whatever as "mount" ... and call it "minor squad, 3 men" or whatever.

yet, forest... would you like to find 10+ opponents for each of the races? 150... say 75 shinigami/quincy and then also 75 bounto and 75 hollow...makes 300 new opponents... can you create those? :P especially... create interesting names for "not named" things like hollows?

Also, it would be very... well... you won't enter Soul Society as a Quincy... a bit isolated. Though we could make some city "neutral ground" ... although it would not been backed up by the episodes :(

Xaos

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • Alpha Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 10:13:29 PM »

yet, forest... would you like to find 10+ opponents for each of the races? 150... say 75 shinigami/quincy and then also 75 bounto and 75 hollow...makes 300 new opponents... can you create those? :P especially... create interesting names for "not named" things like hollows?

Also, it would be very... well... you won't enter Soul Society as a Quincy... a bit isolated. Though we could make some city "neutral ground" ... although it would not been backed up by the episodes :(

Well in the recent episodes we've learned that there is a way for the bounto and quincy to enter together ^.^ But that'd be hard to fit in here.

And as for the names... Hrmm, names for Shinigami aren't to hard to find. Bounto and Quincy would be hard because they aren't really mentioned to much. Hollows... Do they even have names? o.0

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 10:51:11 PM »

Well in the recent episodes we've learned that there is a way for the bounto and quincy to enter together ^.^ But that'd be hard to fit in here.

And as for the names... Hrmm, names for Shinigami aren't to hard to find. Bounto and Quincy would be hard because they aren't really mentioned to much. Hollows... Do they even have names? o.0

well, yes, you would need to feast on living humans :)

also, hollows, yes, well, it's kind of... lame... to fight "hollow" again and again...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 16 queries.