Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: IC Rules  (Read 11319 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: IC Rules
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2017, 12:24:16 AM »

When the original template was made I left it widely open to the host's desire which route they took. The possibility of someone abusing the IC choice had a safeguard added on to it in that case.

"Hosts must make an RP post in public once every fourteen (14) days while not engaged in an active challenge."

Hosts have to post in a public place everyone can access. This usually means the zones for some and for most their respective villages. IC bijuu hunting isn't as popular as OOC in any matter which is why the rules regarding IC are lax.

I've been to Kiri, Amegakure, and Kusagakure all for a bijuu IC. Two of those IC hunts caused a village attack and the other one ended with the host agreeing to leave the village as to not put the village in danger. (IC that makes sense so it was a nice change)

Hey, that's exactly what I said.
Don't start drinking at 9 am on your day off, kids.

And I was letting you know that what you said was already said years ago.  :oops:
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2017, 12:32:34 AM »

When the original template was made I left it widely open to the host's desire which route they took. The possibility of someone abusing the IC choice had a safeguard added on to it in that case.

"Hosts must make an RP post in public once every fourteen (14) days while not engaged in an active challenge."

Hosts have to post in a public place everyone can access. This usually means the zones for some and for most their respective villages. IC bijuu hunting isn't as popular as OOC in any matter which is why the rules regarding IC are lax.

I've been to Kiri, Amegakure, and Kusagakure all for a bijuu IC. Two of those IC hunts caused a village attack and the other one ended with the host agreeing to leave the village as to not put the village in danger. (IC that makes sense so it was a nice change)

Hey, that's exactly what I said.
Don't start drinking at 9 am on your day off, kids.

And I was letting you know that what you said was already said years ago.  :oops:
I know. I'm insulting myself, not you.
Or maybe, I should have drank more. Because I haven't killed my emotions and my thinkbox can still form sentences that my fingers can type. Hmm.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2017, 01:01:38 AM »

I know. I'm insulting myself, not you.
Or maybe, I should have drank more. Because I haven't killed my emotions and my thinkbox can still form sentences that my fingers can type. Hmm.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2017, 01:11:21 AM »

Yea, good one. My friend killed themselves on Sunday and today's the first chance I had to properly break down, so whatever. Take your shots. I'm too numb for them today.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2017, 02:44:13 AM »

Guys, let's try to stay on track and focused here. I'm trying to make a reply here but there is so much to reply to, even for me. :(

Yea, good one. My friend killed themselves on Sunday and today's the first chance I had to properly break down, so whatever. Take your shots. I'm too numb for them today.

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I pray that he or she is in a better place now. If you need a shoulder know that there are people here open for leaning on, if you desire a shoulder to lean on. I am open  :)
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2017, 07:08:08 AM »

I hate to double post, but I feel it appropiate in this case. It's a longish reply, and lacks quotes to commenters, but in most cases the important part is the response and not the question (since you can figure out the question from many of these answers). They are numbered by category, not per say by any previously used numbering scheme.

1) I do not believe that there should be a cap on people joining, and I like the idea of the fights splitting off, especially for different areas of, say, a village. The fights might intertwine if a large scale attack is used, so at the beginning of each "round" I would advise the judge should mention any multi-zone area effects affecting the zone posted in. Depending on the scale of the wide-scale attacks though, the purpose of splitting the fights up into sections might be lost if each section has to wait on the other to finish before moving on, though that shouldn't be too much of a burden.

2) I propose that uneven fights be permitted, and that any tag-ins would have to wait until the end of the round to make an entry post into the fight.

3) No "hybrid" systems of IC and OOC conditions can exist at any time, period! They existed in the last iteration of the IC rules in some limited capacity, but to make sure there is no confusion that should be made an explicit rule. You do not need to know someone's IC host status in order to fight them OOC, and the IC hunt is both the pursuit, the fight, and the chase unless extenuating circumstances make that undoable.

4) As the # of overall participants increases, we may need to consider adding mediators as well. Every 4 people outta get 1 judge? The FFA, and what went wrong with it, I will address in later points.

5) I am down for cooldowns if they are scaled with the length of the RP. If a RP hunt only takes 3 days, then there is no reason for there to be a cooldown longer than say a week. But if a RP hunt takes 3 months (which is possible) then a cooldown of at least 2 weeks seems reasonable, especially if there was fairly regular posting by all parties involved.

6) The aforementioned definitions of SL God-modding, Character Controlling, and Metagaming should be included in the IC rules, along with standardization of biju fight action limits (quantity and what counts as one) what are the requirements for a custom augumentation (IE, can I claim to be Mickey Mouse or do I have to be the Sage of Mouse paths?) etc.

7) If a player character dies as a result of or during the Hunt, then the character has a 2-week cooldown before the character is automatically granted life by the in-game powers that be, fully restored to the state that he or she was in before entering the Battle Phase, minus any items or body parts looted from them. A player killed during a Hunt cannot be revived by any other means (meaning no Edo for early revival or Edo-ing an IC dead person).

8) An official rule should be in play that forbids unfair play (callback to FFA and other situations), which would include but is not limited to:

~ Filling an OOC challenge list with more than 2 alts in succession.

~ Metagame deals and arrangements before and during the match. If several characters are working together for the Hunt, they need to be doing so for IC reasons, for example.

~ Bribery of any form towards judges, Council Members, or SL game Staff.

~ Shit talk that is directed at a player, not the character, ad hominem attacks on other players for any reason, or trash talk that breaks the game rules. Belittling another player, especially while providing an argument for a move or decision is also in this bullet. This is a strict etiquette designed rule, and failure to comply is grounds for immediate dismissal from the RP with the character RPed out in way or another. The judge is the final word on this, and no appeals to the Biju Council on this matter can be made.

~ Non-lethally incapacitating a player character indefinitely, locking said player for a period longer than 2 real life weeks (the time for death respawning).

**** The judge(s) for the match are the final authorities on whether there are any violations in this category, with appeals being directed to the Biju Council only 3 times a RP by the same player and only if not otherwise indicated. ****

9) Summaries, not entire fight transcripts, should be placed in the Bulletin section, and can be placed there by any player involved in the RP.

10) Characters cannot both be in an IC biju hunt and an OOC biju match, nor in multiple simultaneously going on IC biju hunts that are in different locations, times, or streams of RP. If biju hunters happen to themselves be jinchurikii or summoners, then their engagement in an IC biju hunt counts, and their beast(s) is(are) on the line as well, and the Hunt is counted

11) In the rare case of a conflict between OOC battle results and IC battle results (both inside and outside of these rules) then the result that is documented to have required the most RealTime is the result that wins out. If the two are equal in calender time, then the IC scenario succeeds.

12) If a jinchurikii or summoner is killed or has their biju extracted in a context outside of these rules for one reason or another, then the biju is considered killed and it respawns in 1 week in the location of the former host/master's fall. Hunters by default receive a "tip" regarding the tailed beast and have until the conclusion of the 2nd round of the Battle Phase to enter the Hunt. Any attempts at IC-wise receiving the tailed beast without going through a Hunt of some sort will be considered void, and repeat offenders will be considered unfair players.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2017, 09:13:55 PM »

Hmm, has anyone even attempted to kill off a bijuu in character and if so, how is the revived tailed beast handled later as there's obviously several people who would chase after it.

Tomi's killed off a tailed beast once upon a time many years ago during the age of SLS but I'mma assume that example won't be used as a precedence.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2017, 12:44:52 AM »

Hmm, has anyone even attempted to kill off a bijuu in character and if so, how is the revived tailed beast handled later as there's obviously several people who would chase after it.

Tomi's killed off a tailed beast once upon a time many years ago during the age of SLS but I'mma assume that example won't be used as a precedence.

Is it even possible to kill a tailed beast when it is not inside of a host?

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2017, 01:13:49 AM »

I don't see why it shouldn't be possible. I don't think you would actually be able to 'kill' a tailed beast because it's nothing really more than a living energy being :o Or maybe that was kind of retconned. But even if you were able to 'kill' it, it should just kind of reform somewhere else.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2017, 02:59:56 AM »

Host of beast dies = Bijuu respawns in the same place a week later

So I'd say it works in the same way. It respawns in the place of death 7 days later.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2017, 08:04:08 PM »

Thats reasonable. Should mastery change depending on doing IC or OOC?

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2017, 09:32:13 PM »

For IC, we should institute a rule that requires you to do a certain number of individual roleplays that involve training with the biju in a public place. Those roleplays should have a minimum word count to encourage good, lengthy writing and to prevent people from simply claiming that they have a certain level of mastery without putting the actual work in.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2017, 12:42:24 AM »

For IC, we should institute a rule that requires you to do a certain number of individual roleplays that involve training with the biju in a public place. Those roleplays should have a minimum word count to encourage good, lengthy writing and to prevent people from simply claiming that they have a certain level of mastery without putting the actual work in.

Well, since all jinchurikii would have to have a forum account anyways, then why not require the biju RPs to be done here? The record couldn't be anymore public than that if it tried. That's if a RP mandate is put in place that is.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2017, 03:13:31 AM »

At what point do the Biju become a forum exclusive mechanic? The RP must be done here. The fights are done here. The rules and preferences are here. The discussion is here. Seems like Biju are only relevant here on the forum, and nowhere else.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2017, 04:39:07 AM »

At what point do the Biju become a forum exclusive mechanic? The RP must be done here. The fights are done here. The rules and preferences are here. The discussion is here. Seems like Biju are only relevant here on the forum, and nowhere else.

Uematsu Tomi for Jinchuuriki of the 8 tails, GUARANTEED TO GIVE A PERFORMANCE ON SL EVERY RL DAY!
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.