Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Maintaining Abilities/Host Reintegration  (Read 7862 times)

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: Maintaining Abilities/Host Reintegration
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 06:31:45 AM »

... But if you guys want these to be included in the actual rules, once the biju council is up and running, and enough people want them explicably stated, the community can forward it to the council.
Could just have a vote and get it into the rules sooner. Why would this be forwarded to the Council?

It involves Bijuu so it makes sense that the council itself would also vote on it.

Why does the Council need to be forwarded it? The Council's job is to rule on rule violations, anything else they do biju related is as players, jinchs, etc. The Council would be voting right along with the rest of us.

The council's grasp on what exactly their job can best be described as "tenuous at best".
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 06:50:15 AM »

It's literally never been a problem can't we just write it in as is? As for mastering all the bijuu and getting a ton of free KG well since we have 10 bijuu now (not counting the Mazo since you can't or rather don't get anything substantial from hosting it) if someone wants to spend A LITTLE UNDER THREE YEARS mastering them all I say more power to you.

If everyone agrees, and there are no discrepancies, be my guest and write them in.

I mean, I get your logic, but I don't believe the argument was predicated on mastering them all, and not everyone is starting from scratch. Take someone like Tomi for example who has already mastered two, therefore if there are no rules can use Yoton and Ink Release. Assuming he gets say the Gobi and Ichibi, he could add sand and steam to that resume in half a year. That's 4 unique traits that have been stacked on to his normal character.

So I don't think people want the host to be able to keep stacking up biju abilities. I would agree with you if everyone was at the starting mark, but we have multiple people who have already mastered multiple beast. Anyway, just my opinion on the matter.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 06:56:58 AM »

I mean the abilities you get aren't very substantial.

Shukaku's jinchūriki can create magnetic forces and manipulate sand.
Matatabi's jinchūriki can produce blue flames.
Isobu's jinchūriki can materialise coral.
Son Gokū's jinchūriki can create and manipulate lava.
Kokuō's jinchūriki can use steam.
Saiken's jinchūriki can produce corrosive alkali.
Chōmei's jinchūriki can fly and, in the anime, create silk that can suppress chakra absorption techniques.
Gyūki's jinchūriki can produce ink.
Kurama's jinchūriki can quickly regenerate and detect negative emotions.

I feel like I'm just looking at an average SL character.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 08:04:52 AM »

... But if you guys want these to be included in the actual rules, once the biju council is up and running, and enough people want them explicably stated, the community can forward it to the council.
Could just have a vote and get it into the rules sooner. Why would this be forwarded to the Council?

It involves Bijuu so it makes sense that the council itself would also vote on it.

Why does the Council need to be forwarded it? The Council's job is to rule on rule violations, anything else they do biju related is as players, jinchs, etc. The Council would be voting right along with the rest of us.

The council's grasp on what exactly their job can best be described as "tenuous at best".
Seriously though, it's like they have to be reminded every other week that they're not Congress, they're the Supreme Court. If it's another thing the 1st group can claim, it's that we never tried such blatant power grabs.

I agree with Athos though. The Bijuu passives are drops in the bucket compared to the average ten page list everyone runs around with these days. Who even cares about limits anymore?
I mean, besides me. <<

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 01:38:41 PM »

You misunderstood me. I'm saying just let the council members know of this. Not that they themselves need to have a totally separate vote on the matter. That doesn't make any sense.

As I understand it Ace and Hades are the only two that don't know currently...just going by their last login.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 02:20:25 PM »

You misunderstood me. I'm saying just let the council members know of this. Not that they themselves need to have a totally separate vote on the matter. That doesn't make any sense.

As I understand it Ace and Hades are the only two that don't know currently...just going by their last login.

Ah, that makes sense then. The biju rules thread will be updated if the proposition is made a rule, so the Council won't totally be in the dark about it.

It's literally never been a problem can't we just write it in as is? As for mastering all the bijuu and getting a ton of free KG well since we have 10 bijuu now (not counting the Mazo since you can't or rather don't get anything substantial from hosting it) if someone wants to spend A LITTLE UNDER THREE YEARS mastering them all I say more power to you.

If everyone agrees, and there are no discrepancies, be my guest and write them in.

I mean, I get your logic, but I don't believe the argument was predicated on mastering them all, and not everyone is starting from scratch. Take someone like Tomi for example who has already mastered two, therefore if there are no rules can use Yoton and Ink Release. Assuming he gets say the Gobi and Ichibi, he could add sand and steam to that resume in half a year. That's 4 unique traits that have been stacked on to his normal character.

So I don't think people want the host to be able to keep stacking up biju abilities. I would agree with you if everyone was at the starting mark, but we have multiple people who have already mastered multiple beast. Anyway, just my opinion on the matter.

If someone were to acquire all of the tailed beasts at once and keep all of them long enough to master them all, it could be done in less than a year. Heck, getting a biju, mastering it, then trading it to get the other elements would be a more feasible strategy for such a scheme.

I think the mastery time should still exist (even if not full capacity) even if the beast was previously mastered. I mean, taking into account custom chakra cloaks and tailed beast mode techniques, you would think that you would have to earn the beast's respect again after losing it or something to that flavor, especially if someone else bonded with the beast.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 02:24:26 PM »

It takes 15 weeks to master a Bijuu and there are 52 weeks in a year Eric so there's no way you could master them all in under a year unless you've already mastered all but three.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 03:16:40 PM »

I'll go with both Lava Release and Ink for now until the community/council decides I shouldn't have access to both. I don't intend to abuse any potential loop hole to cause any complaints so hopefully I should be fine.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 03:53:44 PM »

I'll go with both Lava Release and Ink for now until the community/council decides I shouldn't have access to both. I don't intend to abuse any potential loop hole to cause any complaints so hopefully I should be fine.

Even with both you're still well under the "meta".

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 04:16:35 PM »

It takes 15 weeks to master a Bijuu and there are 52 weeks in a year Eric so there's no way you could master them all in under a year unless you've already mastered all but three.
That's assuming that you wait to capture each one until you've mastered the last. I don't remember anything in the rules saying that you could only master one at a time, so if you captured all 9 at the same time, it'd only take the 15 weeks, not 135.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2017, 04:32:17 PM »

That's assuming that you wait to capture each one until you've mastered the last. I don't remember anything in the rules saying that you could only master one at a time, so if you captured all 9 at the same time, it'd only take the 15 weeks, not 135.

There is no rule against it, but how would you master them all at the same time? You can only master a biju and gain it's abilities when it's sealed inside you and you master them. So you'd have to seal the Reibi, master it, take it out and throw in the Ichibi, etc. Then if you have all biju it becomes more problematic, as the other biju you have that aren't sealed inside you are to be treated as summons. Which means they hate you, which means you may never be able to fully master it since it will forever hate you.

Edit: Or I suppose the user could keep the other biju sealed away and not as a summon, but still, I don't know how you would master more than one at a time, as I believe you need them sealed inside you to gain the abilities?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 04:37:51 PM by Trev »
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2017, 04:44:15 PM »

You can only master a bijuu you're the Jinchuriki of...

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2017, 04:51:07 PM »

There is no rule against it, but how would you master them all at the same time? You can only master a biju and gain it's abilities when it's sealed inside you and you master them. So you'd have to seal the Reibi, master it, take it out and throw in the Ichibi, etc. Then if you have all biju it becomes more problematic, as the other biju you have that aren't sealed inside you are to be treated as summons. Which means they hate you, which means you may never be able to fully master it since it will forever hate you.

Edit: Or I suppose the user could keep the other biju sealed away and not as a summon, but still, I don't know how you would master more than one at a time, as I believe you need them sealed inside you to gain the abilities?
I don't see a rule saying you can't have multiple sealed inside you. In fact, the only even remotely relevant rule I can find is: "There is no limit to the number of bijuu one person can own." Maybe it's common courtesy here to only have one, but if there isn't a rule, then you can be sure someone will use that to their advantage at some point. If someone sealed every bijuu in them, then there are no rules saying mastery is one at a time. So in the potential scenario where someone gets all of them at the same time and seals them all, it'd be 15 weeks total. And even I think it's kind of stupid, but there's nothing stopping it.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2017, 04:56:28 PM »

Well it is in fact a rule you can't host multiple beasts. It was in the old rules and I'd imagine it's not in the new ones because it is so implicit no one even thought of it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2017, 05:18:25 PM »

Well it is in fact a rule you can't host multiple beasts. It was in the old rules and I'd imagine it's not in the new ones because it is so implicit no one even thought of it.

Implicit for people who were around and involved in biju during that time. If some fresh blood were to actually enter the biju scene (as has happened before) the precedent falls to "well, it's not against the rules".

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 16 queries.