Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Maintaining Abilities/Host Reintegration  (Read 7886 times)

Chinote

• View Profile
Re: Maintaining Abilities/Host Reintegration
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2017, 05:28:03 PM »

Well it is in fact a rule you can't host multiple beasts. It was in the old rules and I'd imagine it's not in the new ones because it is so implicit no one even thought of it.

Implicit for people who were around and involved in biju during that time. If some fresh blood were to actually enter the biju scene (as has happened before) the precedent falls to "well, it's not against the rules".
Exactly. It's not in the current rules, so it doesn't apply, even if you follow it regardless. If it got put back in the current rules, then that's another matter. But as it stands, you could potentially master every bijuu in 15 weeks total.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017, 05:31:51 PM »

Well it is in fact a rule you can't host multiple beasts. It was in the old rules and I'd imagine it's not in the new ones because it is so implicit no one even thought of it.

Implicit for people who were around and involved in biju during that time. If some fresh blood were to actually enter the biju scene (as has happened before) the precedent falls to "well, it's not against the rules".

Or we could just do what we know is correct instead. Go check the rules they don't say anything about No God Modding either.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2017, 05:41:06 PM »

Wouldn't be too hard to have it put back into the rules, assuming we have a topic on it to gain the community consensus which can then lead to the council putting it in if the community is unanimous/mostly unamimous.

Personally for the sake of things, I think it should be against the rules to host more than one tailed beast.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2017, 05:45:21 PM »

Just seems like a waste of time to discuss things we all already do, that have always worked. I'm pretty sure if someone was going to dispute not being able to host multiple bijuu they would have done it at some point between now and the start of SL and that hasn't happened. It's a rule, anybody who knows bijuu fights knows it's a rule. It's not going to cause any problems and nobodies going to complain if that's added to the rules without a topic about it unless they just feel like being contrarian.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2017, 06:37:54 PM »

Just seems like a waste of time to discuss things we all already do, that have always worked. I'm pretty sure if someone was going to dispute not being able to host multiple bijuu they would have done it at some point between now and the start of SL and that hasn't happened. It's a rule, anybody who knows bijuu fights knows it's a rule. It's not going to cause any problems and nobodies going to complain if that's added to the rules without a topic about it unless they just feel like being contrarian.
I don't think anyone's saying that it should be a thing, my only argument is it's not technically illegal as it stands now.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2017, 07:02:33 PM »

I don't think anyone's saying that it should be a thing, my only argument is it's not technically illegal as it stands now.

And according to our current bijuu rules neither is god modding. It just isn't an issue we need to address.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2017, 07:06:48 PM »

If people are worried about loop holes, then let us address it to alleviate their fears. As Athos stated, it should be 'common sense'. However there isn't any specific harm in having it restated in an official format. Those players who have concerns will be satisfied, and those who already followed the concept unofficially won't have anything changed.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2017, 07:18:59 PM »

Actually, the notion has been questioned before:

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8705.0.html

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8857.0.html

Seems obvious but it is not technically a rule. Should people be allowed to seal multiple bijuu inside themselves? Should this apply to custom things as well? Like if someone rp's that they have a demon of a non-bijuu nature sealed in them should they be allowed to seal a bijuu in them as well? This is probably a pretty niche thing but we are supposed to be closing all loopholes we can.

Bocchiere wasn't even new to biju fighting at that time and he still prodded the issue. A vote to formally include it in the rules would be a nice touch. I can make the topic later today if nobody else gets to it first.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2017, 07:31:06 PM »

That's not what that first topic is asking and the second one is just a roundabout way of asking if Warren was allowed to be the host of Shukaku and a custom demon at the same time. Just add it to the rules.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2017, 10:50:41 PM »

It may not be a rule, but if someone were to do such a thing, they would have to cite canon evidence. If you can have multiple beats inside you at once, what's the point of the mazo? Even Naruto only held small portions of each Tailed Beast's chakra, he did not host all within his body at the same time. Heck I don't even think with SL supped up buffs anyone could make a seal that could hold that many biju.

What people could do however, is take small portions of each biju's chakra. I remember there use to be a rule saying not to tamper with the biju's chakra. So if that rule were put back into place, it would stop that. Also if that rule isn't in place, people could make Gold and Silver Brother equals by splitting biju chakra up. So there seems to be a few rules lost in translation. So we can open a thread for each and try to vote them back in, or we can go Athos route and just put them in, as most of these rules have long been in place, and may have been accidentally forgotten about.

So I guess discuss what we should do, then move on. Just trying to make progress and get these rules on the books or accept them as gone.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 16 queries.