Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Reword the rules?  (Read 4105 times)

Hazama

• View Profile
Reword the rules?
« on: February 24, 2017, 01:05:46 AM »

So I just realized how stupid this rule is.

A host cannot be challenged for his or her biju until after his or her 14 day grace period is over. After a host's 14 day grace period has ended, a challenger posts/issues a challenge to the host of preference as a reply to the thread of that particular beast for which they are interested in competing. The challenger must post to the host's preference thread to make a valid challenge. The host should also be notified by the challenger via SL PM (Shinobilegends Personal Message) that the challenger has issued a valid challenge.

I was going to challenge Dart once his grace period was up, since for some reason it says I cannot even challenge him, not just that he doesn't have to start the fight for two weeks. But since he gave it to Ray I have to wait an yet another 2 weeks since Dart was half way through his grace period when he gave it away. Why is that how this works? Shouldn't it just be "A host has a 14 day grace period before they must start fielding their challenges?"
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Chinote

• View Profile
Re: Reword the rules?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 01:24:52 AM »

Yea, I don't see anything wrong with getting in line before the doors open. That just seems like a poorly worded rule.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 01:36:02 AM »

Does Ray get the full 2 weeks for a gifted biju?   :-?

Not much point in making a challenge before the grace period is up. It's a race to make a challenge anyways so other than the issue of gifting, I don't see anything wrong with the way the rule is now.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 01:38:35 AM »

Does Ray get the full 2 weeks for a gifted biju?   :-?

Not much point in making a challenge before the grace period is up. It's a race to make a challenge anyways so other than the issue of gifting, I don't see anything wrong with the way the rule is now.

And herein lies the next segment that should be addressed, to be completely honest.

+1 to the rest of the post.

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 01:39:47 AM »

I'm more than willing to shorten the grace period since I was gifted, by all means. I think I have been pretty decent about most things on here.
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 01:41:00 AM »

I'm more than willing to shorten the grace period since I was gifted, by all means. I think I have been pretty decent about most things on here.

Well, since there's nothing technically against it, you don't have to if you don't want, Ray.

Nekomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 01:41:19 AM »

Well if Dart only had one week would it just be that Ray only has one week left then? Since it was a gift the period should not change from half to full since it was not a battle over.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift that is why it's called the present.

-Master Oogway

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 01:46:17 AM »

I would prefer two weeks to get started some, however if any council members decide otherwise I'll abide.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 01:47:50 AM »

I would prefer two weeks to get started some, however if any council members decide otherwise I'll abide.

A decision made regarding gifting bijū would not affect you this time around. It can only prevent it from happening in the future.

Iburi Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 01:49:18 AM »

That so? Then I stand by 2 weeks.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 02:04:17 AM »

Well the issue is this is a loophole that could be abused. If someone really didn't want you to have a bijuu a couple of them could "get too busy" pass the bijuu around and easily stall you for a month.

Not saying that's what's happening here but there's no reason to let it happen either.

I've always thought that it didn't make much sense to not be able to challenge them till after the grace is up.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 02:14:15 AM »

I'll make a discussion thread regarding the gifting of biju. The discussion has been had before but might as well open it back up again.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 02:16:53 AM »

Well the issue is this is a loophole that could be abused. If someone really didn't want you to have a bijuu a couple of them could "get too busy" pass the bijuu around and easily stall you for a month.

Not saying that's what's happening here but there's no reason to let it happen either.

I've always thought that it didn't make much sense to not be able to challenge them till after the grace is up.

I agree that it is a loophole that needs to be plugged so it can't be abused. Let's get a vote topic on it while we have the others up and running.

However, I assure you that it is not the intent in this particular situation

As for the whole "not challenging part", that was put in effect so people aren't constantly being hounded the moment they get their bijū. So the individual can enjoy some time with the beastie before being sucked into the competitive aspect of the RP. And so it allows for everyone to see just who is who when it comes to Jinchūriki and so everyone has a fair shot at seeking a challenge to that individual.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 02:26:22 AM »

I do actually believe you.

Really? I mean it's not like they have to do anything about the challenge till the 2 weeks is up, it's just people getting in line.

Chinote

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 02:31:26 AM »

Really? I mean it's not like they have to do anything about the challenge till the 2 weeks is up, it's just people getting in line.
+1
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 17 queries.