Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: What does sorry mean?  (Read 1764 times)

SinHarvest

What does sorry mean?
« on: October 13, 2006, 03:53:28 AM »

I was walking through my home, and when I entered my den, I saw my son pulling my dog by the tail, and laughing at my dogs pain. I caught him, and he instantly said'I'm sorry' he was happy just vefore I caught him, and when he saw me, he was sorry. why? so thats what I wanted to ask, what does sorry mean to you?

Lebis

• Ya'll ever see a Vyloria around? Probs me.
    • View Profile
Re: What does sorry mean?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 06:54:52 AM »

Empty words that are normally used in a sense for desperate pity. Howevere, there are but only a few people that have the capability to use an apology correctly.
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

klaymank

• RUN PAC MAN RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 12:16:21 PM »

I Agree With Lebis
I'm like the Doctor. I'm always bouncing around time and space.

LeafToad

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 12:31:21 PM »

Pulling his tail...that's horrible.

But sorry, if it's one word I despise it is that one. People use it, not of course meaning it, thinking that everything will be okay and that the world can return to its natural state after that word is said. Sorry has no meaning because people never mean it, they only use it when they get caught doing bad.

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 05:16:49 PM »

According to Dictionary.com...

sor‧ry  /ˈsɒri, ˈsɔri/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sor-ee, sawr-ee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective, -ri‧er, -ri‧est. 1. feeling regret, compunction, sympathy, pity, etc.: to be sorry to leave one's friends; to be sorry for a remark; to be sorry for someone in trouble. 
2. regrettable or deplorable; unfortunate; tragic: a sorry situation; to come to a sorry end. 
3. sorrowful, grieved, or sad: Was she sorry when her brother died? 
4. associated with sorrow; suggestive of grief or suffering; melancholy; dismal. 
5. wretched, poor, useless, or pitiful: a sorry horse. 
6. (used interjectionally as a conventional apology or expression of regret): Sorry, you're misinformed. Did I bump you? Sorry. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: bef. 900; ME; OE sārig; c. LG sērig, OHG sērag. See sore, -y1]

—Related forms
sor‧ri‧ly, adverb
sor‧ri‧ness, noun

—Synonyms 1. regretful, sympathetic, pitying. 3. unhappy, depressed, sorrowing. 4. grievous, mournful, painful. 5. abject, contemptible, paltry, worthless, shabby. See wretched.
—Antonyms 1. happy.
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

LeafToad

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 10:53:18 PM »

I always hate how the use big words in the dictionaries, then you have to look up the words describing a word, makes me feel more stupid. >.>

Sriracha

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 12:53:26 AM »

Regret. Desparation. Suffering.

It's something that shouldn't be used as last resort, becuase you think it'll make everything better. You say it because you mean it. Becuase you believe it. Becuse you knwo what you did wasn't the right thing, and it'll just rip you apart in th end.

klaymank

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 05:34:54 AM »

Sorry is a empty word that i hate to say because people will think i have gone soft and became polite.

Shinobi

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 07:12:12 AM »

To me sorry is a word of regret and remorse.Most of the time it is said without meaning it.They say it and think everything shall be forgiven, yet most people do not forgive so easily.Though when it is said sincerely I believe that they actually feel regret and that they should be forgiven.

Sriracha

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 07:32:36 AM »

Then agai nwhat would life be without Sorry? Empty as hell. No one would admit their faults. No one would give a damn. Everyone would go around creating chaos, becuase no one would want to exert a signle breath for someone to come to them and extract a signel word from them. Sorry is more than remorse, it's resolution. It's something that'll heal a wound, but leave sting.

It's not a universal solvent, dont' get me wrong, but it's something that no one can live without. That word is the crossing line of Love and Hate...

SnowLeoHitori

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 08:03:08 AM »

sorry is a word you say to get out of trouble .... o_o

>.> <,< >.>

joking

"Sorry" in reality is the most emotional word other than "I love you"

klaymank

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2006, 03:31:37 PM »

I never say "i love you" because i dont love i only hate and im never sorry when i say sorry

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 10:28:47 PM »

Klaymank, to be honest, I don't even have a second thought that you even know what hate means. People who come out straight forwardly and say they hate everything is a pathetic scumball, no offense. Wake up already, and stop lying just to make you sound like a cool person. With every post you make, people begin to hate you more, me specifically. However, why would you care? You just hate everything.

Meaning you lied about your poem. Dark genre doesn't mean extraoridinary hate. That genre doesn't mean you're always depressed. It's all a mixture. Yet if you hate everything, how can you be depressed when all you feel is hate? Or how can you claim you hate things when you talk about how you have no friends? Would somebody that truly hated everything even know the meaning of friendship? No.

Sorry for the verbal beatdown, but seriously. Grow up, sir.

Hehe, I apologised. In question, am I sorry for lashing out at him, or did I actually mean every word?

I'll let you decide.
I'd love to check where my old friends are. My discord is always open. Let's catch up! 

Discord - Vyloria#9279

klaymank

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 10:50:22 PM »

That Was Then This Is Now.You Dont Go To My school and you dont know me personally so you cant really be a judge of that and by the way lebis your becoming a nice person and you say your mean you apologized.Im glad i have no friends even my teachers dont like my because my attitude and i really dont care on what people think im just letting you know.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 10:53:13 PM by klaymank »

Lebis

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2006, 10:57:19 PM »

I never said you had to care. Of course though... people who hate things always let others know if they care or not. :\

One cannot simply shift from hate to normality.

You don't know what hate means. Trust me.

Of course I'm a mean person. But I'm also one of the sweetest things you could ever meet.

"I can be shallow, I can be mean. But I can also be the sweetest thing you've ever seen."

All it takes is one nerve to be twisted, and my whole mood goes into complete manipulation. My mom wants me on medication. -.-;

Let's go back on topic, shall we? Klaymank, if you indeed, want to continue, let's take it to PM.

Discord - Vyloria#9279

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.