Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Orochimaru's Rain of Terror!  (Read 8722 times)

anbumiko

Re: Orochimaru's Rain of Terror!
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 06:09:27 PM »

~~~~Fight~~~~
Orochi the giant snake lunges at you with Deadly Fangs.

orochi the giant snake- hp 500

deadly fangs - 10
                                bow constriction - 20
                                acid spit -5 

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 06:22:44 PM »

so he will most likely have less hp than i.e. Gyururu

and only a few attack points... well...
Never judge a cow by its udder.

anbumiko

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 06:33:09 PM »

hmm i have a idea

orochi the giant snake- hp 850

deadly fangs - 10=> bites you with its fangs
                                bow constriction - 20 => wraps around you making you loose air
                                acid spit -10 => spits it right at your face causing you blindness alittle and burning
                                <from the acid>blindness> makes you miss   rounds 5
                               <from the acid> burning rash - 5 rounds 10
                                continuation of constricting -10  4 rounds
                                 tip poison -5 => the tip of its tail hits you 5 rounds

this should be a really good challenge considering you miss in some rounds and you can onlt depend on pure luck, mount, items and specialitys to save you from the dreadful snake

« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 06:42:03 PM by anbumiko »

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2006, 08:17:43 PM »

The strength of the snake is up to you Neji. The exp reward will be 10%.

tehbeastjeffsays

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006, 04:11:26 AM »

gold is insignificant.

20% exp

5 gems

quite a lot... too much for my taste.

10% exp

5 gems

and a hell-of-a-fight

(at the level of mr. black)

and we can talk.
I think it should be tougher then mr. black. It is Orochi, It should have about 2000 hp for hokage and up, ok attack and some very high defense. Also, you will be penalized all your gold in both your bank and in hand, if you are to lose.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2006, 04:47:54 AM »

I think it should be tougher then mr. black. It is Orochi, It should have about 2000 hp for hokage and up, ok attack and some very high defense. Also, you will be penalized all your gold in both your bank and in hand, if you are to lose.

This is just an event to add more Naruto feel to the game that everyone get to experience. Not some event to satisfy your lust to get yourself killed in battle. How many Hokage(s) do you think have anything else besides debts in their bank account?

tehbeastjeffsays

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006, 08:37:52 PM »

This is just an event to add more Naruto feel to the game that everyone get to experience. Not some event to satisfy your lust to get yourself killed in battle. How many Hokage(s) do you think have anything else besides debts in their bank account?
Yeah, but you don't want to let people get that much exp by killing a snake with 200 hp. At least make it stronger.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 12:34:36 AM »

The strength of the snake is up to you Neji. The exp reward will be 10%.

I wouldn't repeat or are you saying you are better than Neji at balancing this sort of things?

tehbeastjeffsays

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 12:45:56 AM »

No, I'm just saying that making this game easier, makes it less fun. Do you think there is a reason why PerfectFlaw quit? why so many other people quit? Its because eventually the game gets boring and nothing is a challenge. So if you think getting 10% exp for killing something that has the strength of a forest creature is fair, well then thats not very good balancing.

Shukaku

• How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose??
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2006, 12:47:30 AM »

i think the game is chalenging in his own way...
I'm back to SL !

Brisingr

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2006, 12:48:29 AM »

10% of exp is fine i think.
Yes. The Snake should be stronger!

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2006, 01:45:37 AM »

It will be strong but not uber strong. If it keeps killing you then what's the point in giving players that 10% exp for killing it? They would have lost 50% exp or more by the time they kill it.

For the last time Jeff, this is not a hokage event. If you want uber strong monsters to fight with, I will think of another event. NOT THIS ONE!

Ometera!

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2006, 04:29:44 AM »

This would-be-event isnt really bad IMHO, if one disregards the heavy programming code vs effects in-game.

The only problem I see is that while Gyu is advocating for a nice piece of reward, the reward is seen as too high by tech admin Neji. So why not tweak the reward abit?
Two little suggestions:
1. Throw in some Gold to compensate for the reduction in gems reward (from 5 gems to random 1-5 gems) New players may not quickly appreciate gems, but they love gold.
2. Tweak the 10% exp reward, it looks like alot at high levels. (sorry Gyu ^_~)

As for orochi, isn't that Orochimaru the final boss? If it is, instead of it dying why not make it beat a hasty retreat at low hp, just like any classic first-encounter scenario.

LeafToad

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2006, 04:35:34 AM »

This would-be-event isnt really bad IMHO, if one disregards the heavy programming code vs effects in-game.

The only problem I see is that while Gyu is advocating for a nice piece of reward, the reward is seen as too high by tech admin Neji. So why not tweak the reward abit?
Two little suggestions:
1. Throw in some Gold to compensate for the reduction in gems reward (from 5 gems to random 1-5 gems) New players may not quickly appreciate gems, but they love gold.
2. Tweak the 10% exp reward, it looks like alot at high levels. (sorry Gyu ^_~)

As for orochi, isn't that Orochimaru the final boss? If it is, instead of it dying why not make it beat a hasty retreat at low hp, just like any classic first-encounter scenario.

It isn't Orochimaru, it's just a serpent.

From various of these types of events... It appears to be a 10% exp reward after defeating the boss. But if the exp is too much of a problem. Then you can always split it. Making the reward 5%  exp and 5% of the gold you have on hand... It's fairly reasonable.

tehbeastjeffsays

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2006, 04:51:56 AM »

It will be strong but not uber strong. If it keeps killing you then what's the point in giving players that 10% exp for killing it? They would have lost 50% exp or more by the time they kill it.

For the last time Jeff, this is not a hokage event. If you want uber strong monsters to fight with, I will think of another event. NOT THIS ONE!
Because anyone weaker then a hokage could beat a giant snake like the orochi right?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.