Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The solution to the weapons/armour problem.  (Read 4159 times)

UchihaHitane

The solution to the weapons/armour problem.
« on: April 11, 2007, 02:53:22 PM »

Ok, so we're making the game realistic right? Dunno whos idea it was to make a NARUTO rpg realistic but nvm that.

Q: What do people do in real life when the good stuff (eg: Ipods) is too expensive?

A: They go for the dodgier, but cheaper stuff! (Eg: Every other mp3 player ever excluding the sonys.)

So: here we have it.

Bottom left corner of the screen there will be an option called "Dark Alley" You click it, and your character goes down some backstreet. Suddenly, he comes across a man in sunglasses grinning at him (sounds familiar? good, it should be.) The man says:

"Hey, welcome! No doubt you've heard about Shizune and Kurenai's recent price increases. If you ask me those two have gotten a little big for their boots but its okay with me, business is booming!" (you can make a better speech if you want, its just an intro)

Then you've got:

Fake-Looking Tantou  13 8510
Scratched Kunai          14 12100
Slightly Blunt Sword of Gamabunta 15  16000

you get the idea!  And before Neji says: "Hold on, no way, thats too easy", its not as easy as it seems because like all dodgy goods, they could have an increased chance of breaking, even in a normal fight or an event.

It gets better: this could tie in with the ninja merchant, he could give you good deals if you go to his brothers shop and spend X amount of money, or you could get the occasional free green health potion when you buy

It gets EVEN better: The anbu could attack you more often if you shop there regularly (evil people), and the anbu could stop healing you and possibly even fine you for some of your money if you shop there regularly (good people)

Hows THAT for a slice of fried gold?

thSannin

Re: The solution to the weapons/armour problem.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 02:55:21 PM »

mmmm.... i like this idea, but it surely needs some... nejiing :D

Shinigami99

• Hahahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • Wounds of The Heart
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 02:55:35 PM »

Sounds like a lot of programming to me...

protofusion

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 02:55:47 PM »

chuck norris likes

and so do i

UchihaHitane

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 02:59:16 PM »

Oh wait, one thing i forgot: To make it even less easy, as well as the increased chance of breaking, he could run out of stock too, but not increase his prices like you know who, and even more: He could occassionally restock halfway through the day, as we all know, boxes fall off trucks at different times, you never know when its gonna happen.

thSannin

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 03:01:58 PM »

AND: maybe there could be a chance of a fight (something difficult, like anbu or mr.Black), or something like that. it could make it more dangerous.
that way, everyone would also need to buy something at the normal shop, to be able to buy from the new merchat.

i really think that we should work on this idea, to balance the game, make it more realistic, and more possible.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 05:18:59 PM »

So you're saying that it is like a risk of buying a weapon from there?? I could break or it could not?? Would might have an idea like 60 to 40....breaking to intact...like how much % of luck do you think it should be of having your weapon intact??
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 05:51:28 PM by ace »

UchihaHitane

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 05:55:00 PM »

I think it should be quite high, to balance out the ease of buying and the low prices, say a 10% Chance of breaking at the end of each fight.

Not too high though, or you'll end up spending more on the crappy goods per dk than on the 100k level 15s in Shizune and kurenai's, which defeats the point. Also, the prices shouldnt go too high when the stock gets lower, because again, it would defeat the point.

LeafToad

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 06:08:02 PM »

When people say "make the game more realistic" they mean making it more like the Naruto series by the way...

There was a revision to the weapon and armor shop anyway, I don't think Neji would want to make any more revisions quite yet.

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 06:12:05 PM »

I love how everyone complained about having nothing to do with their money before an Oro kill and now that Neji gave us something to do with it, they complain.  :-?
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 06:13:57 PM »

I don't think this a real good idea, it's ok. I am saying thing because Neji did what he did on purpose. If we do what you say to do, you are taking an alternative route and you're like putting Neji's affects to the side.

doomstar

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 06:21:14 PM »

I love how everyone complained about having nothing to do with their money before an Oro kill and now that Neji gave us something to do with it, they complain.  :-?
Heh... It's how people are :/
They could have used that gold to deposit in their dwellings :/
And people will get used to it :/
Besides that $10 says that if neji takes this away people will complain about not having something to use their gold for >.>

Mithras

• Beatus ille, qui procul negotiis
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 06:22:54 PM »

@Baluski: not everyone was complaining, the rich(alias people who play this game for a long period of time) one did complain

>But the "new feature" is ok in my opinion (I mean neji´s)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 06:24:44 PM by Mithras »

UchihaHitane

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 01:45:21 PM »

Wow, where do i start? Okay, here goes:

@LeafToad: More like the naruto series? You think Sakura could afford the stuff for the Sakura Fubuki no Jutsu - Cherry Blossom Snow Storm Technnique (the one with like hundreds of kunai and explosive tags, from movie 1) with Neji's system in place? You think Naruto gets up at the crack of dawn to rush to the market to buy his equipment before they become hyperinflated?

@Baluski: Oh sure, give us "something" to do with our money, who cares if the majority of us cant afford this something. Dont increase the dwelling coffer sizes, dont make an actual benefit to forehead protectors (eg, one point of attack and defense for every 10 sizes), dont make a proper stall where you can buy things like fuuma shurikens and poisoned kunai, etc, mess with the weapons!

[/sarcasm]

@ace: Thats the point of all the extra stuff, like anbu and the weapons breaking so much, its not pushing neji's system to one side, its intended to offer an alternative, a new element to the game. Besides, people are already pushing it to the side as it is, if I had a pound/dollar for every time I heard someone say: "I guess this means we all have to use level 12-14 weapons now" I'd be able to buy Microsoft. As it is now, the rich will get stronger and the poor will get weaker.

doomstar

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 04:56:49 PM »

Wow, where do i start? Okay, here goes:

@LeafToad: More like the naruto series? You think Sakura could afford the stuff for the Sakura Fubuki no Jutsu - Cherry Blossom Snow Storm Technnique (the one with like hundreds of kunai and explosive tags, from movie 1) with Neji's system in place? You think Naruto gets up at the crack of dawn to rush to the market to buy his equipment before they become hyperinflated?

@Baluski: Oh sure, give us "something" to do with our money, who cares if the majority of us cant afford this something. Dont increase the dwelling coffer sizes, dont make an actual benefit to forehead protectors (eg, one point of attack and defense for every 10 sizes), dont make a proper stall where you can buy things like fuuma shurikens and poisoned kunai, etc, mess with the weapons!

[/sarcasm]

@ace: Thats the point of all the extra stuff, like anbu and the weapons breaking so much, its not pushing neji's system to one side, its intended to offer an alternative, a new element to the game. Besides, people are already pushing it to the side as it is, if I had a pound/dollar for every time I heard someone say: "I guess this means we all have to use level 12-14 weapons now" I'd be able to buy Microsoft. As it is now, the rich will get stronger and the poor will get weaker.

More like buy Bill gates >.>

Anyways the prices do decrease every once in a while so it's livable...
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.