Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: New Specailty System  (Read 8440 times)

IceSlayer

Re: New Specailty System
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2008, 11:31:40 PM »

A) you start with 1 point and some for intelligence. how do you get the others? excluding the one location where you can buy a few?
I doubt it, really.
You need to level up.
Well I never said enough about how you go the points being in stone, there could be another way instead of what I said, just did it that way because that would mean choosing between Ninjutsu or brute strength pretty much, but it could be changed to something else to keep people happy cause they don't wanna lose there darn Jutsus.

B) So like the current one? Except that I have now the entire sets restricted.
Well sort of, but that whole idea is to stop players getting the overly powerful, or overly helpful, jutsus to early in the game, to help slow down people and make them think ^^

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2008, 01:00:47 AM »

A) you start with 1 point and some for intelligence. how do you get the others? excluding the one location where you can buy a few?
I doubt it, really.
You need to level up.
Well I never said enough about how you go the points being in stone, there could be another way instead of what I said, just did it that way because that would mean choosing between Ninjutsu or brute strength pretty much, but it could be changed to something else to keep people happy cause they don't wanna lose there darn Jutsus.

B) So like the current one? Except that I have now the entire sets restricted.
Well sort of, but that whole idea is to stop players getting the overly powerful, or overly helpful, jutsus to early in the game, to help slow down people and make them think ^^

Are you doing all of this because you are getting annoyed of everyone blitzing right passed you in oro kills...?

IceSlayer

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2008, 01:02:34 AM »

Are you doing all of this because you are getting annoyed of everyone blitzing right passed you in oro kills...?
Nope, just trying to make the game more challenging, I'm currently getting two day Oro kills, one if I get lucky and everything goes well.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 01:40:52 AM »

Nope, just trying to make the game more challenging, I'm currently getting two day Oro kills, one if I get lucky and everything goes well.

Alrighty, i figured that was the cause, just because it seemed a bit farfetch'd. But the game is challenging the more kills you get, so bleh.

I get 1 kill a gameday right now, once i hit sannin i tend to get 6+ kills a Real life day.

IceSlayer

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2008, 01:44:41 AM »

Alrighty, i figured that was the cause, just because it seemed a bit farfetch'd. But the game is challenging the more kills you get, so bleh.

I get 1 kill a gameday right now, once i hit sannin i tend to get 6+ kills a Real life day.

It also makes it a bit more like the Manga etc...

doomstar

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2008, 05:27:44 AM »

except when you change your specialty you still have to go through the crappy level 1 jutsus.

with this, you can skip the level 1 jutsus.
People don't use them anyway, lessen the server load.

and then people need to waste one of the 6 for a secret jutsu?

people feel special after getting the certain mount and choosing the certain specialty.
A) You could still do that without having to choose them this way.
B) STOP WITH THE SPOILERS YOU IDIOT!!!

and how is it different? it's a stupid idea, and you're calling it stupid.

it's just more extreme
Lets drop this debate from this Thread, it has nothing to do with the topic, if you want to continue it somewhere else feel three to give me time and place.
come on, every skill set has to have a useless jutsu to balance out the useful ones.

and how could you do that? it wouldn't be hidden anymore, you could just choose random mounts.

and are you really considering just mentioning something a spoiler?

cause holy crap, peopel that even mention the word cs or SST are spoiling then =O

IceSlayer

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2008, 05:30:42 AM »

come on, every skill set has to have a useless jutsu to balance out the useful ones.

and how could you do that? it wouldn't be hidden anymore, you could just choose random mounts.
It wouldn't effect things like that I told you if you listen jerk.

You just told a whole bunch of n00bs who to get it.

Now, unless you have anything useful to add, please stop spamming his topic.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2008, 05:37:18 AM »

It also makes it a bit more like the Manga etc...

How so?

IceSlayer

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2008, 05:40:29 AM »

How so?
In the series your not stucking in one type of Ninjutsu, most usually have a inclination to one type, but they do use combos of other types as well.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2008, 05:43:21 AM »

How so?
In the series your not stucking in one type of Ninjutsu, most usually have a inclination to one type, but they do use combos of other types as well.

So what you're saying is:

In naruto, most people make combos with jutsus, and also do not stick with one type.

While:

In SL, people have one type of jutsu (combo's can be made in SL) and can only have one type?

IceSlayer

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2008, 05:46:05 AM »

How so?

In naruto, most people make combos with jutsus, and also do not stick with one type.

While:

In SL, people have one type of jutsu (combo's can be made in SL) and can only have one type?

Well most of the time players just stay in one Jutsu type, though some mix them, but this way you are pretty free to mix as you choose.
Also another problem you can solve is all the those people who keep asking for Chidori or the like, you could just added it for them as another Jutsu.

doomstar

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2008, 05:49:51 AM »

It wouldn't effect things like that I told you if you listen jerk.

You just told a whole bunch of n00bs who to get it.

Now, unless you have anything useful to add, please stop spamming his topic.

hint hint, you can tell me how it wouldn't effect things without pulling excuses out of your ass.

and how did I tell them?

They still have to search for which mount and which specialty gets a secret.

and this is on topic, I was telling you how your idea sucks, and you countered, and I countered with my points.

and then you tried to eliminate some points with some excuses
How so?

While:

Well most of the time players just stay in one Jutsu type, though some mix them, but this way you are pretty free to mix as you choose.
Also another problem you can solve is all the those people who keep asking for Chidori or the like, you could just added it for them as another Jutsu.
so then get rid of the challenge in getting those difficult jutsus?

IceSlayer

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2008, 05:55:11 AM »

hint hint, you can tell me how it wouldn't effect things without pulling excuses out of your ass.

and how did I tell them?

You do know that half of them would even think to try what you said, so now they all know that doing that will get them a secret jutsu!

No, Neji said he would add Chidori and some other Jutsus because he had nowhere to put them

and this is on topic, I was telling you how your idea sucks, and you countered, and I countered with my points.
Ok fine, you just keep repeating the samethings over and over again, either think of something constructive to say, or get lost.
If yopu want to argue we can do that elsewhere, but not here.

doomstar

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2008, 05:59:58 AM »

and how did I tell them?

You do know that half of them would even think to try what you said, so now they all know that doing that will get them a secret jutsu!

No, Neji said he would add Chidori and some other Jutsus because he had nowhere to put them

Ok fine, you just keep repeating the samethings over and over again, either think of something constructive to say, or get lost.
If yopu want to argue we can do that elsewhere, but not here.
the wiki even shows the name of the hidden jutsus so it's not really hidden =/

and where did he say that? I believe that he said he would make it sort of like rasengan

IceSlayer

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2008, 06:02:58 AM »

the wiki even shows the name of the hidden jutsus so it's not really hidden =/
That doesn't say what you have to do, which you pretty much did.

and where did he say that? I believe that he said he would make it sort of like rasengan
He thought of something like that, but said something about Rasengan being enough, plus we have Chidori as Kakashi's version in Rai.

Now can we please get back on topic!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 20 queries.