Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hyuuga upgrades  (Read 6797 times)

hiro

• sup bois
    • View Profile
Re: Hyuuga upgrades
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 03:24:16 AM »

Well, as a counter for the ugly points. >>
The Lady of the Lake would still send her fairies after us.
11/7/10 (EST), The Day It Rained Spam (Miha's 21st Birthday). NEVAR FORGET
Click me, because the actual quote doesn't fit in here.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 03:25:31 AM »

Ugly points are the counter for the enlonged Byakugan!

hiro

• sup bois
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 03:27:28 AM »

Correction! For the permanent ones. >>

Maybe set it up CS2-like and have Byakugan time doubled, but each activation costs a charm point.
11/7/10 (EST), The Day It Rained Spam (Miha's 21st Birthday). NEVAR FORGET
Click me, because the actual quote doesn't fit in here.

Zimzamboo

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 07:56:33 PM »

So, having a deformed face of 'roid veins = loss of charm? Makes sense, sadly. Good job... *Hands Hiro a cookie*

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2010, 08:04:55 PM »

It has been stated in all of the Naruto Databooks, manga and anime that if somebody masters the Byakugan, it costs virtually no chakra to maintain it.

I dont recall ever reading/hearing that. Do you think you can be more specific on where that was stated (Like manga chapter, anime eps, link)?

Sandra

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2010, 05:52:04 AM »

It has been stated in all of the Naruto Databooks, manga and anime that if somebody masters the Byakugan, it costs virtually no chakra to maintain it.

I dont recall ever reading/hearing that. Do you think you can be more specific on where that was stated (Like manga chapter, anime eps, link)?

Well, he said it was stated in "The Word of God", in other words, the databooks. So.. if he has access to it he should show us.

sharakkar

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 11:58:27 PM »

Well I have some ideas, however rough they may be. However I am still going to post them and hope that everyone will help me refine them.

So most already know of the first, and only stage, of the Hyuuga's in game abilities, however I was thinking that it could be structured similar to the Uchiha and Sharingan. i.e.
Byakugan (2)
Enhanced Byakugan (4) plus lose of two charm points. Now the enhanced Byakugan would act much like the Sharingan and Magneyko Sharingan and become a perma-buff upon activation and as such incur similar style buffs as the Uchiha, however it would be with whatever Neji has already programed the Byakugan to do. Also, with each reset the percentages for this buff would also increase similar to being an Uchiha and this version would be available after being reborn into Hyuuga twice. The Enhanced Byakugan would also first be able to be activated at the same amount of dks as the Magneyko.

Now for the techniques, I feel that Hyuugans already have a decent amount of technique's but that they should gain a, well coup de grace you could say. My propsal would be to include Hakke Sanbyakurokujūichi Shiki, or Eight Trigrams Three-Hundred-Sixty-One Palms. Now as for what it would do, well obviously it performs 361 hits to the opponent and I believe it should only attack a single opponent at a time. Now each hit should cause damage in proportion to the amount of resets have been put into being a Hyuuga, i.e. second reset causes 1-4 damage per hit, third causes 3-6, and the fourth causes 5-8. Also it should cost maybe 6 chakra?

My last thought is that to fairly counter the continuous loss of charm points caused by the activation of using the Enhanced Byakugan would be to, when the Enhanced Byakugan is activated, provide a free pass with Hinata. i.e. During the Hinata event, when she sees you she immediately notices your doujutsu and becomes curious as to how you have become so proficient in its use so naturally you 'spend a few hours of converstation with Hinata in the forest.'

Well that is all I have, so now comes the comments and criticism.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2010, 02:23:29 AM »

I actually like this idea he brought up. I'll leave criticism with someone else :P

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 02:24:28 AM »

Yeah, I'm pretty much for it to, something could be fine tuned, but in general it's good.

sharakkar

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 03:38:01 AM »

Like I said it was a rough idea and I was trying to take the same general outline that Uchiha reborns have and put it to use with the Byakugan. Plus trying to incorporate some of the ideas that have already been brought up. I guess all that's left is to hear some other output and try to fine tune it.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 03:39:17 AM »

Well the problem is trying to make it like the Sharingan, they are meant to be different...

sharakkar

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 09:02:34 PM »

I know it's supposed to be different, but what I meant is follow the same outline that is put forth by the Uchiha skill set. Obviosly it is difficult to do it exactly since the Uchiha have a move they can use without activating anything else, while Hyuuga's require you to activate something before any moves can be used. My thought is to have the Hyuuga activate the Byakugan first, which unlocks the first tier of moves, and then can activate the Enhanced Byakugan which grants access to Hakke Sanbyakurokujūichi Shiki. Obviously the exact buffs used would be different, but if I remember correctly the Sharingan grants a certain percentage greater to dodge attacks or riposte, but I'm afraid I don't know what the Byakugan does if anything. But maybe it could give an increase to speed, or increase the change to not be riposted. This is entirely up to Oliver, or Kurt if he is the one that codes it.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2010, 10:14:52 PM »

Hehe, there are a few things you'd be surprised about if you saw the code.

sharakkar

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 10:59:33 PM »

I'd doubt I would even understand it if I saw it. So yeah...

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 05:24:20 AM »

Just want to clear something up earlier:

Well I find an entry from the databook about the byakugan and it didnt state that it can remain active.

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47904
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 16 queries.